Installing Simonis vs Championship Cloth

mnsneakypete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have used the Simonis video technique to install Simonis cloth on my Diamond table and it worked well. Does anyone know if I can use the same technique to install Mercury Ultra cloth on the bed of an Olhausen table, or should I just use the traditional installation technique? Thanks.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
If you understand how the indexing process works you can use it on ANY cloth. So, yes :)

Trent

P.s. The stretch index is crazy different on Merc Ult!

I have used the Simonis video technique to install Simonis cloth on my Diamond table and it worked well. Does anyone know if I can use the same technique to install Mercury Ultra cloth on the bed of an Olhausen table, or should I just use the traditional installation technique? Thanks.

mnsneakypete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Trent. That's was my concern - knowing that worsted wool stretches much differently, I wasn't sure if trying to use the Simonis method for the bed cloth would work very well with a non-worsted cloth. thanks!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
My usual index using Simonis is 2" depending on HR, 760, 860 etc.

With Merc Ultra 4.25" it is ridiculously easy to stretch, but it actually will tear if you try to stretch it like simonis, the weave is not as strong.
Fun stuff, let us know how your project turned out!

TFT

Thanks Trent. That's was my concern - knowing that worsted wool stretches much differently, I wasn't sure if trying to use the Simonis method for the bed cloth would work very well with a non-worsted cloth. thanks!