Black Slotted Diamond Inlays

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Forum/Guys...
:)
Hi T Ham.. :)
You was asking about Black inlays in a White Background.. :)

One of the Best.. Dennis Searing.... :)
I was looking/admiring GH's Birdseye Dennis Searing Cue.
When I got to the Butt Sleeve's Slotted Diamond Inlays,
I thought... " This is no ordinary, simple Inlay assembly... " :eek:

I also remembered a story, told in a couple of Miyamoto Musashi ( Said to be Japan's Most famous Samurai ) Movies ..

Miyamoto Musashi traveled the country looking to establish himself as the best Fencer in all Japan.
He went to seek out and challenge Master Swordsman Yagyu Sekishusai, who was the Shogun's ( Tokugawa Ieyasu )
fencing Instructor.
By this time, Yagyu Sekishusai was old and not wanting to taking challenges
from Up and coming Fencers that always wanted to challenge him to a dual.

When Musashi arrived at Sekishusai's temple, One of the YOSHIOKA Brothers was already there to challenge Master Sekishisai.
The old Master did not want to fight, nor, hurt the young Denshiro Yoshioka , and, to deny and send off the young challenger,
Sekishisai took a flower from his vase and cut the bottom of the stem.

He told his maid to give that flower and tell Denshiro Yoshioka, that he was not feeling well and offered this flower as a parting gift.
Denshiro looked at that the Flower and tossed it back to the Maid, saying he will be leaving and will return another time.
The maid gave the flower to a little girl who was attending and cleaning Musashi's room.

Musashi was going to put the Flower in a vase, but, had to cut the stem shorter to fit in a short vase.
As Musashi was going to take the cut, Miyamoto Musashi noticed and looked at the cut that Master Sekishusai had previously cut.

Musashi then mentioned that only a true master Swordsman could cut the stem that clean and perfect as Master Sekishisai did..
Musashi then knew, ( In one movie version) , that he probably could not defeat this Master of the Sword.

I know I am not Miyamoto Musashi..... Far from it..
But, I did realize....
Dennis Searing could be , or is... Master Yagyu Sekishisai.

:thumbup:

Thanks GM
Thanks guys, for viewing..
Alton :smile:

Just added:
Sorry guys, in the Inlay Assembly, I was looking/admiring the white inlay.. :smile:

Attachments

• Searing Black Stich s.jpg
    Searing Black Stich s.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Hello Forum/Guys...
:)
Hi T Ham.. :)
You was asking about Black inlays in a White Background.. :)

One of the Best.. Dennis Searing.... :)
I was looking/admiring GH's Birdseye Dennis Searing Cue.
When I got to the Butt Sleeve's Slotted Diamond Inlays,
I thought... " This is no ordinary, simple Inlay assembly... " :eek:

I also remembered a story, told in a couple of Miyamoto Musashi ( Said to be Japan's Most famous Samurai ) Movies ..

Miyamoto Musashi traveled the country looking to establish himself as the best Fencer in all Japan.
He went to seek out and challenge Master Swordsman Yagyu Sekishusai, who was the Shogun's ( Tokugawa Ieyasu )
fencing Instructor.
By this time, Yagyu Sekishusai was old and not wanting to taking challenges
from Up and coming Fencers that always wanted to challenge him to a dual.

When Musashi arrived at Sekishusai's temple, One of the YOSHIOKA Brothers was already there to challenge Master Sekishisai.
The old Master did not want to fight, nor, hurt the young Denshiro Yoshioka , and, to deny and send off the young challenger,
Sekishisai took a flower from his vase and cut the bottom of the stem.

He told his maid to give that flower and tell Denshiro Yoshioka, that he was not feeling well and offered this flower as a parting gift.
Denshiro looked at that the Flower and tossed it back to the Maid, saying he will be leaving and will return another time.
The maid gave the flower to a little girl who was attending and cleaning Musashi's room.

Musashi was going to put the Flower in a vase, but, had to cut the stem shorter to fit in a short vase.
As Musashi was going to take the cut, Miyamoto Musashi noticed and looked at the cut that Master Sekishusai had previously cut.

Musashi then mentioned that only a true master Swordsman could cut the stem that clean and perfect as Master Sekishisai did..
Musashi then knew, ( In one movie version) , that he probably could not defeat this Master of the Sword.

I know I am not Miyamoto Musashi..... Far from it..
But, I did realize....
Dennis Searing could be , or is... Master Yagyu Sekishisai.

:thumbup:

Thanks GM
Thanks guys, for viewing..
Alton :smile:

Just added:
Sorry guys, in the Inlay Assembly, I was looking/admiring the white inlay.. :smile:

Great Starting post, great caps!
Stay well.
Will Prout

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you

Hi , Thanks for posting... :)

Will, I sent P.M./Reply
My PM page does not show the activity in the Out Going Message page.
:confused:

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the look of the black inlays over white background. Thanks for posting!

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis isn't exactly big on cutting corners, is he?!!

Cutting CORNERS has a different meaning with him.

Clever... Clever!!! :)
Love the Cue Maker satire.. :p
Any Don Rickles' in the House?..

Hi T.. :)

When going out looking for someone to do a cue for you with that kind of Inlay Assemblies,
we must/might be aware that there are many ways to achieve that Assembly.

Maybe for Cue Makers,
Time, Money and the final, outlook/practicality of the completed cue.. Daily Player, Cuemaker Collectable, etc...
makes them decide how they will do that Assembly.
Dennis strives for precision.
His Slogan says it.
I believe...

There's no Right or Wrong.

Sorry for all the Drama.
Who said Cue Making is not Dramatic? :D
I'm just trying to help.

Alton :)

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn’t see your reply, it’s Pete Tascarella doing my cue. I have yet to ask him if he can do them yet, can’t decide if I want them or not.