Dallas/Fort Worth Pool Halls

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I am looking for "good" pool halls in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. My last time out there (probably 20 years ago) I did my homework and identified one, highly-recommended room, which, when I actually visited, proved to be a real disappointment -- after all these years, I can still visualize the offbrand, unbrushed tables. Part of that debacle is on me for not addressing table manufacturers and asking harder questions, but I am also afraid my experience resulted from recommendations based upon old knowledge and faded glory. In my book, there are generally no substututes for brunswicks and diamonds. I am hoping, for everyone's sake, D/FW pool has greatly improved since my last visit. I am hoping for a thriving 1P scene, but any room with well maintained 9 ft. brunswicks or diamonds should fit the bill.

Thank you for your assistance.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am looking for "good" pool halls in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. My last time out there (probably 20 years ago) I did my homework and identified one, highly-recommended room, which, when I actually visited, proved to be a real disappointment -- after all these years, I can still visualize the offbrand, unbrushed tables. Part of that debacle is on me for not addressing table manufacturers and asking harder questions, but I am also afraid my experience resulted from recommendations based upon old knowledge and faded glory. In my book, there are generally no substututes for brunswicks and diamonds. I am hoping, for everyone's sake, D/FW pool has greatly improved since my last visit. I am hoping for a thriving 1P scene, but any room with well maintained 9 ft. brunswicks or diamonds should fit the bill.

Rusty's in Arlington

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look up a player named Claude Gragg.......he a top player and would surely test your pool skills.
He plays any game you want but if you let him choose, it usually turns into the harbinger of doom.
Ft. Worth / Arlington & Dallas are where he’ll play when not on the road. He is a great guy to know.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good luck. All rooms suck in Dallas Ft. Worth unless you love bar boxes or 8’ tables. You can leave your cigarettes at home because all you need to do is inhale at what ever room you go to:) Most disappointing city in America for pool.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck. All rooms suck in Dallas Ft. Worth unless you love bar boxes or 8’ tables. You can leave your cigarettes at home because all you need to do is inhale at what ever room you go to:) Most disappointing city in America for pool.

Things may have gotten better because they would be hard pressed to get worse.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Looking at their website, you will probably want to be a smoker.

There's a smoking and non-smoking side. All the action happens on the smoking side.

OP, you can find some 1P action at the Rusty's in Fort Worth. You will have to go during the day because that's when all the old geezers go because of the all-day fee is MUCH cheaper than paying by the hour.

That said...I haven't been over there in about 18 months. Things may have changed due to the pandemic.

Maniac

Last edited:

Karate

Do you expect me to post?
Silver Member
Nice Clean Poolroom DFW

Biloxi Boy ---

Try "Snookered" in Frisco Texas.
They have 2 Brunswick 9 footers and 1 Diamond 9 footer.
They also have probably 12 smaller 8 footers.

No smoking, good food and plenty of one pocket action.
Extra clean newly opened room.

Karate-

leamonga01

Legends in Keller has a couple of 9ft diamonds and a 10 snooker table.

Fort Worth is all non-smoking inside so Rusty's on Camp Bowie Blvd is better than The one in Arlington.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Both Rusty's in Arlington and Rusty's in Fort Worth are non-smoking now. They both have several 9-footers (mix of Diamond and Gold Crowns). I wouldn't say you'd find any top players on any given day, but you can definitely find some players every once in a while. The tables play relatively slow compared to pro tournament conditions.

In the Fort Worth/Arlington area, I'd have to say Legends in Keller currently has the best tables. They have two very tight Diamonds that play very fast. They no longer have a snooker table.

I've been to all three within the past week.

I'm not as familiar with Dallas.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Claude is indeed an expert player. He is also a PBIA Master Instructor, and an ACS Level 4 Certified Instructor. That does put him at the top of the heap for instructors nationwide!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Look up a player named Claude Gragg.......he a top player and would surely test your pool skills.
He plays any game you want but if you let him choose, it usually turns into the harbinger of doom.
Ft. Worth / Arlington & Dallas are where he’ll play when not on the road. He is a great guy to know.