Banking Exhibition [8-31-20] Danny Harriman vs Robb Saez

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Banking Exhibition [8-31-20] Danny Harriman vs Robb Saez at The Player Club Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KdGASADIIY&t=559s

Watched this out of curiosity (Harriman’s 14.1 rants). To each his own. Yes, I CAN appreciate the subtleties involved with banks & one pocket, but when 9-ballers whine about how slow straight pool must seem to a viewing audience, I have to wonder (watching paint dry?). Initial 14.1 safety battles MIGHT appear rather tedious, but the likely threat of any pro-level player suddenly running 100+ and out has always kept MY attention. I wonder, has anyone since the days of Eddie Taylor elicited that kind of excitement with bank pool? A different breed, I guess.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I wonder, has anyone since the days of Eddie Taylor elicited that kind of excitement with bank pool? A different breed, I guess.

Brian Gregg and Sky apparently did at the DCC bank ring game events. If you can find a video of the one with BG, it's worth a watch for sure. The Beard said one of those ring games with Sky was one of the best ever banking exhibitions he'd ever seen IIRC.

Bank pool is pretty fun.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Brian Gregg and Sky apparently did at the DCC bank ring game events. If you can find a video of the one with BG, it's worth a watch for sure. The Beard said one of those ring games with Sky was one of the best ever banking exhibitions he'd ever seen IIRC.

Bank pool is pretty fun.

Brian's comeback is epic, 7 banks in a row and most of them weren't hangers. Super tough Diamond, he was a beast that day

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Bank pool is pretty fun.

Yes, at the 2014 DCC ring game (Gregg was not in that one) Woodward and Bustamante played at a level that amazed Freddie the Beard. That ring game went two banks into Rack 11, with Woodward winning. Here's how they did when they were head to head in Games 7 to 11:

Skyler Woodward -- took 31 shots and made 22 of them (71%).

Francisco Bustamante -- took 28 shots and made 20 of them (71%).

Both players had a run of 6 and a run of 5 during this portion of the event (and they both had 6's earlier).​
Just remarkable.​

Brian Gregg won 3 DCC banks ring games -- 2005, 2006, and 2008. A news report on the 2005 event says he ran 7 banks in a row at one point (as ideologist said).

Last edited: