Dennis Orcullo vs Michael Feliciano Action Vid

tpdtom

Really Old School
Silver Member
Just 2 weeks or so ago, someone posted a money match where Efren was given the 9 in Ten Ball by a player previously unknown to me, Michael Feliciano. I learned from my Filipino friends that he used to play for Puyat or Bugsy, forgot which at the moment, but the kid can play! The match went down to the wire with Efren barely squeaking by. Here is the same player, playing Ten ball again at the same place, outdoors (notice how slow the table is from the humidity), only this time he's getting the Nine from Dennis for 33,000p = $800 USD. HD 720 quality so you can watch it full screen, just choose 720 HD at the bottom and enlarge. Who do you think prevails ?

I was glad to see the last one, so I wanted to share this with everyone...Tom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PuWnQS0fsg

Last edited:

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
Just 2 weeks or so ago, someone posted a money match where Efren was given the 9 in Ten Ball by a player previously unknown to me, Michael Feliciano. I learned from my Filipino friends that he used to play for Puyat or Bugsy, forgot which at the moment, but the kid can play! The match went down to the wire with Efren barely squeaking by. Here is the same player, playing Ten ball again at the same place, outdoors (notice how slow the table is from the humidity), only this time he's getting the Nine from Dennis. HD 720 quality so you can watch it full screen, just choose 720 HD at the bottom and enlarge. Who do you think prevails ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNN1H7UfqiM

I get a different video when clicking your link

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
Who is the guy/kid walking around during each shot and taking the balls out of the pocket to move them down at the racking end?

He does it even when they are down on the ball, and he grabs the bridge from the floor several times also.

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis.. is a stone killer

thanks for the link..

Last edited:

tpdtom

Really Old School
Silver Member
Who is the guy/kid walking around during each shot and taking the balls out of the pocket to move them down at the racking end?

He does it even when they are down on the ball, and he grabs the bridge from the floor several times also.

They use those guys (officials?) all the time in action matches. It doesn't seem to bother anyone. They rack, hand you the bridge, clean the balls and mark it's position. The players tip them after. Everyone gets cash consideration in the Phils. It would shark me but they are used to it!

TeeA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flashback

Thanks for the link. Fun match to watch. This was the Filipino version of the action pit at Super Expo...lol...swear I saw some of the regulars betting on the sidelines yelling "I got the breaker for 50."

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You're a funny guy and you weren't even trying to be ;)

Michael played Efren for about the same money in a video that was posted up yesterday.

If you think that's bad, try listening to crowing roosters every three seconds while you're playing one of the greatest to ever touch a cue, in a race to 20 giving him a handicap

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been to the Philippines many times as my wife is a filipina, Where in the Philippines is this place. If I had to guess I would say Davao.

They use those guys (officials?) all the time in action matches. It doesn't seem to bother anyone. They rack, hand you the bridge, clean the balls and mark it's position. The players tip them after. Everyone gets cash consideration in the Phils. It would shark me but they are used to it!

Pangit

Banned

I think it's because they grow playing on local tables and the pockets are small...some only hold 2-3 balls comfortably. So it has become second nature to always be clearing pocket's. I see it on Brunswick tables with those 15ball tub drop pockets...:confused: It's in their DNA.

If it were "C" grade players...you'd likley see some dumbass literally leaning against the table whilst you shoot. :confused:

You can clearly see that Dennis is in "Native Mode" Short's and Flip Flops. But anyone that lives in country full time Pinoy or Kano, clearly see's that he's been spending lot's of time overseas. Ya know "Farmer's Tan". He doesn't have the tell-tale "Flip Flop tan on his feet.

And that's the truth...that sort of thing is noticed in the PI, famous or not.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Michael is probably 20 or 21 now. He is one of the teenagers I warned Shane about a few years ago. I told him there were kids there who would play him even (and he smiled) and he didn't have to beat them either (he frowned). :grin:

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Michael is probably 20 or 21 now. He is one of the teenagers I warned Shane about a few years ago. I told him there were kids there who would play him even (and he smiled) and he didn't have to beat them either (he frowned). :grin:

jay, his friend told me that michael is already 27. here's one of the "kids" you may be referring to - equally good as michael feliciano. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_0TrZTtHhA

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay, his friend told me that michael is already 27. here's one of the "kids" you may be referring to - equally good as michael feliciano. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_0TrZTtHhA

This drill is harder than most would think. It demands your focus, challenges you to see how many times you can run balls/racks, and really hurts you when you get out of line.

Oh yeah, and when you miss, you have to set them all up and start all over again :grin-square:

CanonShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the vid. I love Filipinos they're good people in general. Yes, there are lots of players there that play top speed. They know the Game better than anyone in the planet according to a lot of pros.they love the game and have great attitude towards the game and opponents. Shane himself told me that he has had a hard time beating a few youngsters there. And Mika says there are a lot of top notch players there per capita in any country.

We need more of our kids playin pool here regularly and we need them in action. In Manila this is a norm. I guess they have less computers, no Direct TV, and video games there. A good friend of mine (Filipino) says some homes dont have electricity so when night falls they get out of the house and go somewhere where there's electricity like a Billiards joint or bar.

We need a thousand Shane's roaming our streets. We have a lot more population and better pool halls 100 yrs ahead of the Philippines!

Kudos to the flips! They were all nice to me and my platoon when we were dispatched there. Great country and great people. They love Americans and speak our language very good. I rank them in my top 3 countries I have been to as best towards Americans.

We should have owned that country like Hawaii and made it into our 53rd state! Hell we rescued them from the Japs!

"My Charity Goes To Our Troops!"

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just 2 weeks or so ago, someone posted a money match where Efren was given the 9 in Ten Ball by a player previously unknown to me, Michael Feliciano. I learned from my Filipino friends that he used to play for Puyat or Bugsy, forgot which at the moment, but the kid can play! The match went down to the wire with Efren barely squeaking by. Here is the same player, playing Ten ball again at the same place, outdoors (notice how slow the table is from the humidity), only this time he's getting the Nine from Dennis for 33,000p = $800 USD. HD 720 quality so you can watch it full screen, just choose 720 HD at the bottom and enlarge. Who do you think prevails ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PuWnQS0fsg
I watched the match with Efren and it seemed that they played even.