Just noticed there's no 1pocket sub category?

kiddcutty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My question is regarding the break. I've made a ball on the break a lot and I've been trying to perfect it. A couple of the local guru's have told me NOT to try it as there is a high percent chance of selling out. But I'd say I do it maybe 20 or 30 percent of the time with the other breaks in between only selling out 10 percent of the time.

Is there any way to perfect it? Or is it truly unpredictable? If any of you ol timers can pass me along any of your experiences it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AZB considered it and I* decided that AZB would not encroach on 1pocket.org territory.

You may speak of one pocket here. Carry on.

*recall that Mike

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On some tables you can play the standard break and also make a ball about 20 or 30 % of the time,
I would not try exotic breaks to get the same effect you probably can get with a relatively safe break.

Matt Tatum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Was thinking the same thing the other day.................... really no need but would be cool to search from its own tab

kiddcutty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On some tables you can play the standard break and also make a ball about 20 or 30 % of the time,
I would not try exotic breaks to get the same effect you probably can get with a relatively safe break.

I usually play on a 9ft red label diamond. And no I don't try any exotic/differ types of breaks just the standard one pocket break. I break from the left side with a little top right. But I can almost feel it as soon as I stroke when I'm going to make a ball. I was just wondering if there was something I could do to consistently make it. Guy I play with forbids using English at all on the break. Just seeking some opinions.

Thanks guys!

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He forbids it?
How does that work out for him?

* wish I had started this crap earlier *

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
I usually play on a 9ft red label diamond. And no I don't try any exotic/differ types of breaks just the standard one pocket break. I break from the left side with a little top right. But I can almost feel it as soon as I stroke when I'm going to make a ball. I was just wondering if there was something I could do to consistently make it. Guy I play with forbids using English at all on the break. Just seeking some opinions.

Thanks guys!

Is he any good? Most (all?) good players I have seen use a little bit of inside.

kiddcutty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is one of if not the best one pocketer around. Good guy! I've learned a lot from him, he kinda took me under his wing and taught me the game.
Knowledge is a powerful thing in this game!

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My question is regarding the break. I've made a ball on the break a lot and I've been trying to perfect it. A couple of the local guru's have told me NOT to try it as there is a high percent chance of selling out. But I'd say I do it maybe 20 or 30 percent of the time with the other breaks in between only selling out 10 percent of the time.

Is there any way to perfect it? Or is it truly unpredictable? If any of you ol timers can pass me along any of your experiences it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Listen to the gurus grasshopper - they know of what they speak.

Dale

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You're not alone - Corey Deuel has also experimented with breaking one pocket like 8-ball with the intent to make a ball in his pocket. If I recall correctly - he did this by accident playing 1p with an opponent who was severely better than him so he decided to break them like 8 ball and hope and pray.

After a ball went in his pocket he experimented around with that break. So, it's definitely possible but I'd actually listen to the gurus on this one - a traditional one pocket break when done right is a pain in the ass for your opponent.

-Richard

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People far better than you and I and those you speak with and of have done the experimenting and it is not wise to try to make a ball on the break.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I think it would be great if there was a one pocket forum here and it would re-direct you to www.onepocket.org forums.

I think AZB is big enough to have its own one pocket only sub-forum, and without directing traffic to another forum.

But the subject of a One Pocket Sub Forum has come up before, and no action was taken upon it by Mike, or the Moderation team.

So I wold suspect that as long as the other One Pocket Forum is a float, AZB will not have a One Pocket Sub-forum.

Wonder how Pool survived before the internet, forums, and discussions groups? Think pool was doing better. JMHO

I think AZB is big enough to have its own one pocket only sub-forum, and without directing traffic to another forum.

But the subject of a One Pocket Sub Forum has come up before, and no action was taken upon it by Mike, or the Moderation team.

So I wold suspect that as long as the other One Pocket Forum is a float, AZB will not have a One Pocket Sub-forum.

Wonder how Pool survived before the internet, forums, and discussions groups? Think pool was doing better. JMHO

Ever since Freddy died there is a 3 Cushion billiard player over there who seems to be using the site for his own personal playground. He argues with and berates everybody all day and all night long. He cannot spell or construct readable paragraphs and he constantly enlarges and emboldens his words making his posts irritating to read.

He is now the site's authority on 1 pocket, apparently.

ONB

Ever since Freddy died there is a 3 Cushion billiard player over there who seems to be using the site for his own personal playground. He argues with and berates everybody all day and all night long. He cannot spell or construct readable paragraphs and he constantly enlarges and emboldens his words making his posts irritating to read.

He is now the site's authority on 1 pocket, apparently.

ONB

I just checked and this 3 cushion guy has started 18 out of the last 36 threads over there. Good luck reading his posts, you may want to get a 6 year old to translate for you.

ONB