CTE Does NOT Work - It Did For One Pro

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I fail to see the value in posts like this.

I believe 20yrs of arguing and debating unwavering bias beliefs or opinions, as if no one else in the world could possibly be correct or have worthwhile ideas, all the while labeling people with opposing ideas or beliefs naysayers and haters....well, it fits the church and it's center of the universe mentality quite well.

And I don't intend any disrespect toward Stan or Hal. I'm just saying sometimes people are wrong about things. It doesn't mean they're wrong about everything. But too often people are afraid that if someone discovers they're wrong about one thing then others will believe they're wrong about everything else. And that's just not true.

Einstein, Edison, Newton, and a whole list of great minds and great investors were wrong about some things, and acknowledging their mistakes didn't harm their reputation one bit. We're all wrong somethimes. Hell, I'm wrong about all kinds of stuff, just ask Spider. Lol. But seriously, much of this needless 20yr war could've been side stepped years ago by simply dropping some of the ego and stubborness and actually consider other people's points of view. But that hasn't happened yet, and probably never will, so the same ol thing continues.

I honestly hope the truth series and book will open the doors wide enough to justify the 20yrs worth of adamant defiance.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe 20yrs of arguing and debating unwavering bias beliefs or opinions, as if no one else in the world could possibly be correct, all the while labeling people with opposing ideas or beliefs naysayers and haters and anti-CTEers....well, it fits the church and it's center of the universe mentality quite well.

And I don't intend any disrespect to Stan or Hal. I'm just saying sometimes people are wrong about things. It doesn't mean they're wrong about everything. But too often people are afraid that if someone discovers they're wrong about one thing then others will believe they're wrong about everything else. And that's just not true.

Einstein, Edison, Newton, and a whole list of great minds and great investors were wrong about some things, and acknowledging their mistakes didn't harm their reputation one bit. We're all wrong somethimes. Hell, I'm wrong about all kinds of stuff, just ask Spider. Lol. But seriously, much of this needless 20yr war could've been side stepped years ago by simply dropping some of the ego and stubborness and actually consider other people's points of view. But hasn't happened yet, and probably never will, so the same ol thing continues.

I've only seen 2 people on here admit they were wrong about something and one of them was Stan.
The 20yr war should have never happened. One side has never even bothered to learn CTE, what does that tell you. Hell you were arguing last night as to whether there are a zillion shots or 30,000 shots on the table. Does that even make sense,lol. Sure there was a counter argument and i'd say the same to them. All i know is there are a lot of different shots and i wouldn't want to be the one to count them to settle the dispute.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I've only seen 2 people on here admit they were wrong about something and one of them was Stan.
The 20yr war should have never happened. One side has never even bothered to learn CTE, what does that tell you. Hell you were arguing last night as to whether there are a zillion shots or 30,000 shots on the table. Does that even make sense,lol. Sure there was a counter argument and i'd say the same to them. All i know is there are a lot of different shots and i wouldn't want to be the one to count them to settle the dispute.

Excellent points cookie man. Egos clash and people end up arguing over the silliest stuff. It's easy to get caught up in it, and then one side or the other has to say, ok your're right, or, ok who cares, to escape the endless loop. And I'm with you, I don't wanna count em, whether it's 30 thousand, 6 million, or a zillion. I'd just like to consistently hit about 20 to 30 shots with fabulous accuracy. That'd cover most racks in any game.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I honestly hope the truth series and book will open the doors wide enough to justify the 20yrs worth of adamant defiance.

My thoughts are they absolutely will...but they absolutely won't.

The same half dozen people who have never gotten on the table to learn it, work with it, and make it become second nature and have admitted to never learning it with pool balls on the table will do the same thing...nothing...and still be coming back with the same old worn out incorrect claims or counter claims as has always been done with 2D and 3D pictures.

THAT I GUARANTEE! NOSTRASPIDERUS HAS SPOKEN!

Last edited:

Scarlett0Hara

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i just dont get how guys spend years and years in these cte threads debating a system without learning it ....go spend the next few months learning the system and use it for another few months and then come here and give an informed opinion, it will take you 6 months, give or take, your going to get something positive out of it ….

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
i just dont get how guys spend years and years in these cte threads debating a system without learning it ....go spend the next few months learning the system and use it for another few months and then come here and give an informed opinion, it will take you 6 months, give or take, your going to get something positive out of it ….

It would ruin their reputations at this point as all knowing experts on everything pool, especially the two decades worth of claiming it's total illegitimacy as an extremely workable aiming system.

They could never admit it.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I’d try, but I just can’t find that damn edge......

The worst part is, the edge is constantly changing. You could set a shot up and mark it with a magic marker until it's the furthest most thing you can see on the side of the ball.

Take one step off to the side, either the inside or outside and the mark will move and so will the edge. But it's still the edge...just a new edge. Walk all the way around the ball one step at a time and you'll have an edge every time you stop.

Neat, huh?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The worst part is, the edge is constantly changing. You could set a shot up and mark it with a magic marker until it's the furthest most thing you can see on the side of the ball.

Take one step off to the side, either the inside or outside and the mark will move and so will the edge. But it's still the edge...just a new edge. Walk all the way around the ball one step at a time and you'll have an edge every time you stop.

Neat, huh?

Would that create a new angle every time lol

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know you are being generous here, but we already know the book won't have what you are looking for. Stan already said he didn't get into "why" it works in the book. Obviously, he doesn't know (but that doesn't stop him from advertising it as "objective"). It took how many years for him to admit what was obvious in the first viewing to many -- that those 5 shots could not be made with the same CTE perception?

In case you haven't noticed, discussions with Stan are going to be less than satisfying. The answer to any real question (that he either can't or won't answer) is "wait for the book." Been saying that for several years now even though we know the book won't have those answers.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You don't get it because that's not what happened.

Interesting that Low500 created an account within 4 days of Stan storming off saying he's never coming back to AZ and then now you create a new account within 4 days of Low500's last post. Hmmm. Low Blow Joe 500 is from Atlanta and so is Scarlett O'Hara. Coincidence??? :D

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The beauty of CTE is that it does resolve shots down to a single CCB tick. It’s not that I believe it. I know it.

Stan Shuffett

Just took you "a decade and a half" to know that, I believe you said, before you edited your post.

Lou Figueroa
if I start today...

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One thing for certain is that James does NOT pick up his shot lines from behind the center of the cue ball.

Most all instructors would like for that to be the case. Why? Because that is easy to explain and advocate. The problem, though, is that’s not the way that pros operate. Hal Houle knew that more than 50 years ago.

The pros and their aiming is written off as feel, but in actuality what they are doing is right on the cutting edge of objectivity and it can be explained.

Stan Shuffett

How in the world can you claim to know what "the pros" are or are not doing?

These kinds of omniscient proclamations make it hard to take your seriously.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you describe step by step what the pros are doing visually without beating around the bush? If so, lay it on me. I know what they’re doing. I even know what you’re doing when you’re flowing.

Not long ago, I worked with a very strong pro player. In time he recognized that what I was teaching was exactly what he was doing during his peak performances. He also shared that that is what many, many of his counterparts are doing.

Hal Houle was aware of this decades ago. What he had to say intrigued me and I decided I wanted to see and know for myself.

Stan Shuffett

You do not know what they are doing.

The pro may not even know what they're doing. Stop it. Please.

Lou Figueroa

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know you are being generous here, but we already know the book won't have what you are looking for. Stan already said he didn't get into "why" it works in the book. Obviously, he doesn't know (but that doesn't stop him from advertising it as "objective"). It took how many years for him to admit what was obvious in the first viewing to many -- that those 5 shots could not be made with the same CTE perception?

In case you haven't noticed, discussions with Stan are going to be less than satisfying. The answer to any real question (that he either can't or won't answer) is "wait for the book." Been saying that for several years now even though we know the book won't have those answers.

Stan's book and truth series will have every single thing you could ask for as to how to use the system.
Seems you expect all the answers to be just put on here at no charge,lol. There is already to much free information out there that you haven't paid one single bit of attention to.
Just another shit stirring post from DW

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't get it because that's not what happened.

Interesting that Low500 created an account within 4 days of Stan storming off saying he's never coming back to AZ and then now you create a new account within 4 days of Low500's last post. Hmmm. Low Blow Joe 500 is from Atlanta and so is Scarlett O'Hara. Coincidence??? :D

And there posting are not similar in any way. Your accusations are not founded in any truth at all.
Scarlett is a refreshing addition to AZ, he has not been confrontational in any way.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Yes, but Low was 100% in line with the talking points. Scarlett goes by the beat of his own drum. Plus Scarlett says he hasn't played pool in the last 5 or 6 years.