Question on something I noticed on the stream

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have noticed that quite a few of the players on the Turning Stone stream
take their cue to the table with them when racking. why would you do that?
The other guy is going to break, just seems odd.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I have noticed that quite a few of the players on the Turning Stone stream
take their cue to the table with them when racking. why would you do that?
The other guy is going to break, just seems odd.

Bob,

Do it to keep my opponent from coming to the table and breaking the balls before I'm away from the table. Seems silly but I've had guys smash the balls while I'm still checking the rack. Not a fun thing to happen. All the apologies in the world won't help if you're hit by a flying pool ball.

Lyn

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yep

Bob,

Do it to keep my opponent from coming to the table and breaking the balls before I'm away from the table. Seems silly but I've had guys smash the balls while I'm still checking the rack. Not a fun thing to happen. All the apologies in the world won't help if you're hit by a flying pool ball.

Lyn

yep , i have the same habit. I lay it across the rack at a angle to prevent the other player from hitting the balls entirely. Its also to keep an eye on my cue is a strange place. Too many years playing in seedy bars with drunks i guess...

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yep , i have the same habit. I lay it across the rack at a angle to prevent the other player from hitting the balls entirely. Its also to keep an eye on my cue is a strange place. Too many years playing in seedy bars with drunks i guess...

agreed

Ken

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I take my cue to the mens room with me. You won't see a thread from me complaining about someone stealing my cue.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, makes sense. Not an isssue were I play, our biggest problem is
remembering whose break it is.

tpdtom

Really Old School
Silver Member

What he said. Once upon a time, a semi-pro baseball catcher broke as I stood up from racking. Got hit right in the middle of the forehead. Changed my habit for life !

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I do it for a different reason. Focus.

When I'm playing, my cue never leaves me. It even goes to the rest room with me for two(2) reasons. One is so it won't get stolen but the other is as as means of maintaining focus.

When I'm playing my cue never leaves my presence. I't's with me until I break it down to pack it up.