Spat between Accu-Stats and InsidePoolMag at DCC

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Folks:

While watching the InsidePoolMag stream this morning, Alvin Nelson had mentioned that someone from Accu-Stats was furious, and knocked-over/-offline the InsidePoolMag cameras. Alvin was obviously furious; e.g. "nobody -- and I mean NOBODY -- messes with my cameras!"

Alvin was able to get his cameras back online, and mentioned that JR was going to approach Accu-Stats about this.

I just think it's sad to have two very well-known and respected cue sports coverage entities getting into a "mine! mine! mine!" p*ssing match like this.

-Sean

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Folks:

While watching the InsidePoolMag stream this morning, Alvin Nelson had mentioned that someone from Accu-Stats was furious, and knocked-over/-offline the InsidePoolMag cameras. Alvin was obviously furious; e.g. "nobody -- and I mean NOBODY -- messes with my cameras!"

Alvin was able to get his cameras back online, and mentioned that JR was going to approach Accu-Stats about this.

I just think it's sad to have two very well-known and respected cue sports coverage entities getting into a "mine! mine! mine!" p*ssing match like this.

-Sean
I'm neither Alvin or JR, but what I understand is that there is an agreement that IP can't stream the TV Accustats table. There was definitely a misunderstanding.

To me, it's obvious that IP shouldn't free-stream over the rail a PPV channel for the good of business. Accustats shouldn't be moving other people's cameras on their own, but maybe they felt they had little choice if they couldn't find someone immediately.

All of the above is only my opinion as an interested third party and doesn't express the opinions of Accustats, Insidepool or their respective employees.

Freddie <~~~ I think they're all good on this

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a real easy fix.
Have one company stream it all, instead of 3. Buy more cameras, set them up in 3/5 locations. Problem solved.

But knockin over someones high dollar HD cams, that calls for a serious head thumpin

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... They (insidepool) like others were streaming the floor not the TV table... (it appeared to me but I came in on the end of it.. )

apparently accu-stats owns every match going on even if they are not streaming it...

All I know is that I have enjoyed EVERYONE's coverage -- Bigtruck, Insidepool and accu-stats... I have had 3 screens open several times this week.... having purchased the whole week from accu-stats...

but this is a WTF moment for me... and will really have to think twice about supporting the PPV again.... I don't understand the issue if you are not even on the air until 1400 today.. I will probably watch the other 10 foot match at 1445 (insidepool)...

Again -- pool fans put up with ALOT... for not much (LOL)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Folks:

-Sean

Sean,

In my opinion, the Diamond 10 ball on 10 footers was one of the most interesting events to view so far, but the Inside Pool stream was just as choppy as could be. Very unprofessional.

I don't know who's fault it was, but I was really disappointed. I paid for the Accu-Stats stream and it's been 95% so far - couple of freeze ups but no biggie.

Chris

Txstang1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a videographer, if you mess with my equipment, that's a problem. If you intentiomally try to damage my equiupment, well lets just say it wouldnt be pretty.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
were the cameras actually knocked over or just moved so they pointed away from the AccuStats table?

Bummer. Although I am sure they got it worked out.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More info needed to make a 2 cent opinion:)

There are strict rules in place for a reason as to who can film what. If Accustats owns the rights to specific matches, then the other filming companies must respect that.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
More info needed to make a 2 cent opinion:)

There are strict rules in place for a reason as to who can film what. If Accustats owns the rights to specific matches, then the other filming companies must respect that.

I think this is the key (and in question) especially for the future.

This morning, apparently even the streaming of the non-TV table was in dispute. Diamond Billiards said no-can-do. Bummer. It needs to be written in contract next time then. That way, streamers can prepare and the streaming companies don't look like squabbling children.

Freddie <~~~ on ther hand, Real Housewives gets a ton of viewers

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
... They (insidepool) like others were streaming the floor not the TV table... (it appeared to me but I came in on the end of it.. )

apparently accu-stats owns every match going on even if they are not streaming it...

All I know is that I have enjoyed EVERYONE's coverage -- Bigtruck, Insidepool and accu-stats... I have had 3 screens open several times this week.... having purchased the whole week from accu-stats...

but this is a WTF moment for me... and will really have to think twice about supporting the PPV again.... I don't understand the issue if you are not even on the air until 1400 today.. I will probably watch the other 10 foot match at 1445 (insidepool)...

Again -- pool fans put up with ALOT... for not much (LOL)

Not standing up for either side here, but if what you say is true, then in order to own something, you must have paid for it.

Knocking a camera over certainly isn't right, but on the other hand, lets say you were in the poolroom, your cue stick leaning against your chair. You know, the one you bought, and I just decided to pick it up and use it.

I mean, it's yours, you paid for it, would it be ok for me to do that? Certainly not.

So, while the action of knocking the camera over (if that happened,) may not have been appropriate, most likely neither was the filming of the floor.

My opinion of course is based on the assumption that accu-stats did pay for the right to stream the primary event.

If they do have that arrangement with the facility, then the free filming wasn't right, if there is no arrangement with the facility, then anyone should be able to stream.

No brain surgeon required to figure that out. I'm sure all parties at the DCC are aware of the arrangement.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without yet even knowing the real details, I'd flat-out say that there's no way anyone associated with Accu-Stats would intentionally or in a reckless moment damage another company's equipment. If he/she *did* Pat wouldn't stand for that -- they'd be gone immediately.

Arnaldo

nb92

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not standing up for either side here, but if what you say is true, then in order to own something, you must have paid for it.

Knocking a camera over certainly isn't right, but on the other hand, lets say you were in the poolroom, your cue stick leaning against your chair. You know, the one you bought, and I just decided to pick it up and use it.

I mean, it's yours, you paid for it, would it be ok for me to do that? Certainly not.

So, while the action of knocking the camera over (if that happened,) may not have been appropriate, most likely neither was the filming of the floor.

My opinion of course is based on the assumption that accu-stats did pay for the right to stream the primary event.

If they do have that arrangement with the facility, then the free filming wasn't right, if there is no arrangement with the facility, then anyone should be able to stream.

No brain surgeon required to figure that out. I'm sure all parties at the DCC are aware of the arrangement.

That is the funny thing.. my understanding (again this is from hanging out in the smoking section of many tourneys over the years...) the DCC, US Open, etc pay THEM (accustats) (like $30K) to show up.. not the other way around...

and again (as I understand it)... no one else was on the air... no one else was recording anything and the isp stream was showing what was happening on the floor from their perch on the 2nd floor with the 10 ft tables and the sh*t hit the fan... so far this week the other streams were turning the cameras around and showing the floor (1pkt, banks, etc) if nothing was happening on the 10 ftrs (14.1 or 10 ball) and this morning it was seen as an issue...

My thought is if you "own" ALL core matches (banks, 1 pkt, 9 ball) and the other streams only have access to the 10 fts matches (prior) to Friday.. Bring more equipment and cover more than 1 table at a time...

and again the other streams are FREE and add a value to the DCC by getting coverage out to the pool community.... I am unsure if anyone is paying isp or bigtruck to show-up....

If what I understand to be is true is not "quite" the facts I am open changing my mind... but seems like bull hockey to me...

kwakaa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw it all

People the last week on the Inside Pool chat have been complaining that AccuStats PPV has had many delays between matches. The InsidePool stream has shown non-stop pool the whole time it is up.

Pat must be frustrated by this and took action this morning. I saw it all:

Pat Flemming turned Inside Pool's camera off the main floor showing 2 tables, Darren Appleton and another table. Alvin stood up and confronted Pat why he was touching InsidePool's camera. Pat Flemming pulled a huge Rambo knife out and yelled, "I run Pool Streams in the USA." Alvin did not hesitate, he tied his shirt around his wrists like Stallone in Nighthawks and took the knife right off of Pat. Pat did the unthinkable and pulled out a gun with Silencer on it. (That is a manditory 10 year federal charge right there) Alvin again unfazed did some crazy Steven Seagal move and 2 seconds later he was doing Clint Eastwood moves with Pat's gun.

Pat at this point ran away yelling, "You have not heard the last of me Alvin, I am going to get a rocket launcher!!!"

Alvin yawned and said, "You bring that, and I'll still be LIVE BABY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I don't know what the story is, but both Inside Pool and Accu-Stats have provided me many valuable hours of entertainment so I hope it gets worked out to everyone's benefit including mine. Also, to Freddie you do a great job on the commentary. Very informative and entertaining.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I spoke to Jerry this morning. He said that Pat turned the IP camera so it was not facing the downstairs area. Nothing was damaged and I would think if anyone there could move a camera with no danger of damaging it, then it would be Pat.

Mike

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I think this is the key (and in question) especially for the future.

This morning, apparently even the streaming of the non-TV table was in dispute. Diamond Billiards said no-can-do. Bummer. It needs to be written in contract next time then. That way, streamers can prepare and the streaming companies don't look like squabbling children.

Freddie <~~~ on ther hand, Real Housewives gets a ton of viewers

I think I get it now. So they were not supposed to be streaming the tournament games.

That makes sense. Because if the choice is to watch tournament action for free if say two marquee players are on an adjacent table or pay to watch whatever is on Accustats then a lot of folks will choose the free one.

I think Pat is right in that case.

Although kudos to InsidePool for taking initiative to try and keep pool on stream any way possible.

I vote that they do the action room ONLY from now one. Just be really "inside" pool.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I paid $80 to watch accu-stats all week, work 3 of the days, so I'm just throwing them extra cash, which in hindsight I wish I did not, after all this bickering, and will not again.

They should not get mad if the other crews are showing a very distant view of the floor and not the stream table. I mean I paid to watch streams, and I have gotten more replays to watch then anything, very disappointed in that. If they want to charge this high, then at least have a few more cameras set up, so when the Accu Stats arena table is not running we can see some other matches, even if at a distant view.