Schmelke Cue

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a strange one. I bought a Shedua cue from David Schmelke and sent him a check to pay for it. The cue arrived yesterday and my check came back the same day! :wink: Weird huh.

I mailed it to Schmelke at 1879 28th Ave. Rice Lake, WI 54868. There is a yellow label on the returned letter saying "return to sender, no such street, unable to forward." I called David and left a message yesterday and e-mailed him as well. The above is the address he gave me to send the payment.

Does anybody know a different address for Schmelke? Has anyone else had a problem doing business with them recently? I know they just re-opened for business recently as well. I'd like to see that he gets paid and doesn't think I'm some kind of dead beat.

P.S. I really like the cue, old school all the way, and only a buck fifty!

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a strange one. I bought a Shedua cue from David Schmelke and sent him a check to pay for it. The cue arrived yesterday and my check came back the same day! :wink: Weird huh.

I mailed it to Schmelke at 1879 28th Ave. Rice Lake, WI 54868. There is a yellow label on the returned letter saying "return to sender, no such street, unable to forward." I called David and left a message yesterday and e-mailed him as well. The above is the address he gave me to send the payment.

Does anybody know a different address for Schmelke? Has anyone else had a problem doing business with them recently? I know they just re-opened for business recently as well. I'd like to see that he gets paid and doesn't think I'm some kind of dead beat.

Gee....to think you could have had that same cue for $500!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They were probably stunned to get an actual check in the actual mail. I mean how 1990s, sending a check through the mail, you old fart.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They were probably stunned to get an actual check in the actual mail. I mean how 1990s, sending a check through the mail, you old fart.

I was thinking the exact same thing!

Jay, your not doing that at the grocery store are you?
Taking 20 minutes fumbling through your purse to find
a pen;)

...I kid

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
David contacted me back and I'm resending the original letter and check to his home address. He can take it up with his local post office as to why they did not deliver the letter to his correct business address.
And yes, I'm old school and my paypal was running low. Seems like we are buying lots of stuff online these days and using paypal.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Post Office handles how many piece of mail, and packages a day? Millions, most make it from point "A to "B" with no problems, but the U.S.P.S. Is not 100% perfect.

I have mail a later, had it returned for bad address, put in new envelope, mail, and second time it got Delievered. Who know why.

Bad Code by USPS Staff.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to pull this address up on Google maps and there were four different options as there's a 1879 28th Avenue, Rice Lake, WI 54868, and then a 1/4 Avenue, 3/4 Avenue, and 1/2 Avenue....all using the same address, just with the fractions in front of "Avenue". Looking at all of them on the map, they're a good clip away from each other, though probably delivered by the same deliveryman.

Maybe that was it, maybe not. Schmelke is fairly predominant in the area, so you would think they'd know where it goes upon seeing the name on the letter, but then again, they might not have even read the recipient, just the address, and mistakenly read it.

It also could have been a sorting issue due to the pandemic, and the USPS might have just re-routed it back to you after an unspecified time.

It's also odd, because technically, Schmelke looks like it's on a side road (Bracklin).

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

thats an Elvis song.
and post a pic.
I have a Schmelke that I paid $230 for,a lot of cue for the money.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... I bought a Shedua cue from David Schmelke...

I take it you bought the lightweight Shedua?

This is what I'm currently using at 27". People knock Schmelke but this butt is great, not to mention that even if you wanted to pay more for a lightweight Shedua production butt, could you? Does anyone else even sell them?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the plain jane 600 dollar model can draw the cue ball farther than any cue ever made.

i have another cue that will draw the cueball even farther than the one that can draw the cueball farther than any cue ever made. but that one is sight unseen 1500 dollars.
any proceeds will be donated to my crooked uncle as soon as he can straighten up.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
The word "Schmelke" is politically charged and should be confined to NPR thank you.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke is one of the VERY BEST options for a customized cue.

They will build a cue:

With pretty much any wood you want
Any length you want
Any weight you want
Any balance point you want
Etc....etc...etc

and all for not much more than most custom cue makers charge for a single shaft.

I will NEVER understand how they are able to get an order done on time. You would think they would have a list of people waiting for months if not years.

Jeff

David contacted me back and I'm resending the original letter and check to his home address. He can take it up with his local post office as to why they did not deliver the letter to his correct business address.
And yes, I'm old school and my paypal was running low. Seems like we are buying lots of stuff online these days and using paypal.

Not just these days. People have been using paypal to pay for stuff online for around 20 years.

Last edited: