Tom's videos

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just a heads up to all you One Pocket enthusiasts out there. I have recently posted a few dozen videos on my youtube channel. One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression. Some of these are situation you can find in my book and many are not. Check it out! BTW books are selling well and I have a new stock available.

Thanks,

Tom

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Tom that's great news! Looking forward to checking them out. I am attending the Philly One Pocket Championships this weekend...should be a blast.

Your friend (and former co-worker)
Anthony

boti2634

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great videos!

I've seen them all (multiple times) and they're definitely worth the watch! Really good stuff, Tom!

Have a great night, all.

Kindest Regards,

Paul

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome videos and shots. I plan on trying a few when I practice today.

Not trying to be difficult here, but are all of these shots meant to be practical? While they are all ingenious some of them seem like shots to take only if the stars aligned.

I'll defer to Tom and other experts, and will accept their answer.

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awesome videos and shots. I plan on trying a few when I practice today.

Not trying to be difficult here, but are all of these shots meant to be practical? While they are all ingenious some of them seem like shots to take only if the stars aligned.

I'll defer to Tom and other experts, and will accept their answer.

To answer your question I would have to say all the shots you see in the videos are at least worth consideration given the situation as long as the shooter has the knowledge and experience required to execute the shots with a better than average consistency. That means most of these shots require practice to become proficient.

One of the primary reasons I have chosen these shots, and there are certainly more to come, is to help promote imaginative ideas in the heads of players who are without a great deal of One Pocket experience. Feed your head with wild thoughts of shots no one has ever seen before. Take your ideas to a table and have fun attempting to execute your shots. Be a mad scientist and use the pool table as your Frankenstein Laboratory. Have fun and learn more from having made errors. Study more carefully what is happening when one variable to the shot is changed even slightly. There is so much out there and One Pocket allows and even encourages students of the game to expand their thinking. Get out of the box that the other games have penned so many players into.

One Pocket is the only pool game that allows for this kind of experimentation because it isn't always the objective to pocket balls. Moving balls out of one area and into other areas that are more advantageous to your cause is often the better strategy.

Thanks to all who have purchased my book and who frequent my youtube channel and facebook pages. For me it is all about promoting the game of Champions. It is the game I love, One Pocket.

Tom

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The videos are as much fun to watch as to learn from. To the people that have the book "One Pocket a game of Controlled Aggression" the videos are a bonus. To see the shots/moves executed really helps to reinforce and clarify what we are to trying achieve.
Tom...Thanks for posting your YouTubes. You put a lot of time into whatever you present.
Would like to see a DVD of your book in the near future. Thanks again for the time, quality and passion you give to the world of 1P.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I take lessons from Tom(lucky me). We started from the beginning. I explained I have limited skills and can not understand how you(Tom) see the shot so much as execute it. I say to Tom kindly help me to use what I have to best of my ability and I'll be happy. Tom tells me he is going to open my eyes, show me how the game is played, to be creative and with practice be able to accomplish various shots. And stress's...do not tell yourself (or me) I can't do that. To evaluate myself at this point. I play good enough to have a great afternoon of fun playing OnePocket regardless of who I'm playing. I'm starting to look for the shots that aren't there but are. I might sell out...I might pull the shot off and go the distance. Yes...all of those shots are practical. They do have to be practiced but they definitely work. Practical and practice do connect.

Last edited:

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've added several more short One Pocket videos for your pleasure check them out at my youtube channel, One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression.

Tom

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To answer your question I would have to say all the shots you see in the videos are at least worth consideration given the situation as long as the shooter has the knowledge and experience required to execute the shots with a better than average consistency. That means most of these shots require practice to become proficient.

One of the primary reasons I have chosen these shots, and there are certainly more to come, is to help promote imaginative ideas in the heads of players who are without a great deal of One Pocket experience. Feed your head with wild thoughts of shots no one has ever seen before. Take your ideas to a table and have fun attempting to execute your shots. Be a mad scientist and use the pool table as your Frankenstein Laboratory. Have fun and learn more from having made errors. Study more carefully what is happening when one variable to the shot is changed even slightly. There is so much out there and One Pocket allows and even encourages students of the game to expand their thinking. Get out of the box that the other games have penned so many players into.

One Pocket is the only pool game that allows for this kind of experimentation because it isn't always the objective to pocket balls. Moving balls out of one area and into other areas that are more advantageous to your cause is often the better strategy.

Thanks to all who have purchased my book and who frequent my youtube channel and facebook pages. For me it is all about promoting the game of Champions. It is the game I love, One Pocket.

Tom

Thanks for the reply Tom. I've been watching a lot of the videos, and actually played some one pocket for the first time today in a while for some cheap action.

Had this shot come up. I didn't make the ball, but did hang it up, and I got the cue ball back down table to stick to the stack.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've added several more short One Pocket videos for your pleasure check them out at my youtube channel, One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression.

Tom

I'm working on them wish I'd paid more attention when I use to watch you ED and Bo play at bill n billies cause I find it very hard to play Reggie with any kind of aggression lol

Mark

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've added quite a number of short videos on youtube since last I posted on this threat. Check them out. Whether you happen to be a One Pocket player or not I think you will enjoy them.
One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression. Here is a sample. https://youtu.be/8AAQhJ2hKfM

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've added quite a number of short videos on youtube since last I posted on this threat. Check them out. Whether you happen to be a One Pocket player or not I think you will enjoy them.
One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression. Here is a sample. https://youtu.be/8AAQhJ2hKfM

I commented on your Carom Bank video. I had to watch it twice to see what happened:killingme:........ after watching it and your other videos it helped me to reinforce what is in your book.and get better understanding how to execute. A visual goes along way. My comment was "If a picture is worth a 1000 words a video is worth a million.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
no offense intended. He would probably go 25 and out.

I commented on your Carom Bank video. I had to watch it twice to see what happened:killingme:........ after watching it and your other videos it helped me to reinforce what is in your book.and get better understanding how to execute. A visual goes along way. My comment was "If a picture is worth a 1000 words a video is worth a million.
i still need 10-6....:smile2: