TOI CJ Wiley

Pjaze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply CJ, obviously there is alot more too it, I will check out the video.

I am not sure where I would rate as a player, I live in aus so their is no leagues etc. I have a table at home and run a rack of 9 ball every 30-40 games I would guess.
5-6 Balls left on the table and I will usually run it out.

I just had a go shooting balls with inside, seems like it is very difficult to judge the amount of deflection, but I will trast your superior knowledge and get the video.

cheers

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
the TOI technique can save you a lot of frustrating hours

Thanks for the reply CJ, obviously there is alot more too it, I will check out the video.

I am not sure where I would rate as a player, I live in aus so their is no leagues etc. I have a table at home and run a rack of 9 ball every 30-40 games I would guess.
5-6 Balls left on the table and I will usually run it out.

I just had a go shooting balls with inside, seems like it is very difficult to judge the amount of deflection, but I will trast your superior knowledge and get the video.

cheers

The main thing is whether you can align your cue straight and make a straight in shot consistently. If you can do that the TOI technique can save you a lot of frustrating hours because you will start getting results right away. I gave a seminar earlier with 7 people and within 3 hours they had all achieved a different perspective of how to pocket balls and create angles.

The method I show has not been described before, and although it's very difficult to demonstrate and explain, it's relatively easy to learn. Compared to trying to hit a contact point or use a "ghost ball" the TOI is user friendly....it shows you a way to make the cue ball the target and create the angles using your tip, while maintaining a consistent shot speed whenever possible. Thanks for you interest and have a great weekend. 'The Game is the Teacher' CJ Wiley

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
The main thing is whether you can align your cue straight and make a straight in shot consistently. If you can do that the TOI technique can save you a lot of frustrating hours because you will start getting results right away. I gave a seminar earlier with 7 people and within 3 hours they had all achieved a different perspective of how to pocket balls and create angles.

The method I show has not been described before, and although it's very difficult to demonstrate and explain, it's relatively easy to learn. Compared to trying to hit a contact point or use a "ghost ball" the TOI is user friendly....it shows you a way to make the cue ball the target and create the angles using your tip, while maintaining a consistent shot speed whenever possible. Thanks for you interest and have a great weekend. 'The Game is the Teacher' CJ Wiley

Bout time is all I can say CJ..... http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=2779538&postcount=16

As soon as I have time to sit thru the whole thing I'll be sending some greenbacks....

Chris

demonfox13x

Registered
Thanks for fixing the video problem, got a little frustrated bc i wanted to watch it that night lol. Only used TOI for about 5-6 hours of play and I can already see some consistency forming in my aiming. Really looking forward to getting proficient at this.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
be aware of using the BACK hand to move the cue

Thanks for fixing the video problem, got a little frustrated bc i wanted to watch it that night lol. Only used TOI for about 5-6 hours of play and I can already see some consistency forming in my aiming. Really looking forward to getting proficient at this.

Just becoming aware of the TOI will be a positive influence on your game because it will make you come to terms with hitting the cue ball precisely. The main thing I suggest is making sure you are moving your cue parallel to the Inside rather than any "pivoting".

When you pivot you will always tend to undercut the ball using TOI, so be aware of this at all times. The best way I've shown players to move the cue properly is to be aware of using the BACK hand to move the cue, not their tip or bridge hand.

They should move together, but if you move your back hand (the SAME direction you're cutting the ball or TOI) you will be far less likely to pivot and you will quickly get the feeling of cutting the ball more. 'The Game is the Teacher'

lstevedus

One of the 47%
Silver Member
Sent CJ the $$$ for his TOI dvd today. I am always very interested in learning something that will make me a better player.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's essential to watch where the object ball enters the pocket

Sent CJ the $$$ for his TOI dvd today. I am always very interested in learning something that will make me a better player.

The TOI will certainly be an advantage in your improvement. I just finished a two hour lesson with a gentleman from Dallas that has made incredible break through s in the last month. He plays great golf so it's been easy for me to build him a bridge between the two games. The fact is many games are similar at the higher levels. I'm learning more and more of the "finer points," and how to communicate the TOI knowledge to students.

Once they "click" they're also playing a completely different game. No more trying to hit the object ball with the cue ball and "aim" at some contact point. The TOI Technique makes it where the target is obviously the cue ball and after the alignment above the shot there's very little focus addressed to the object ball.

It's best to look and focus on the cue ball for 5 full seconds while getting down {on the shot} before you even shift to the object ball, then it's back to the cue ball and accelerate, watching the object ball go into the pocket. I believe many players make the mistake of looking up at the object ball MUCH too soon. I feel like I"m just "aware of the object ball's presence, not trying to hit any particular part once I"m down on the shot."

It's essential to watch where the object ball enters the pocket before you get up, and I'll explain why tomorrow if anyone's interested. 'The Game is the Teacher'

lstevedus

One of the 47%
Silver Member
I am definitely interested in why you should watch the ball go into the pocket before you get up. I have recently stumbled on some of what you are talking about with TOI by myself. Its a really long story how that came about so I won't elaborate, but needless to say, I play a lot of pool.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I treat all shots like their the same and with the TOI Technique

I am definitely interested in why you should watch the ball go into the pocket before you get up. I have recently stumbled on some of what you are talking about with TOI by myself. Its a really long story how that came about so I won't elaborate, but needless to say, I play a lot of pool.

Pool, like life, is a series of adjustments, nothing really stays the same, so they go up and down. When I watch the ball go in the pocket it tell me how to adjust for the next shot. If I hit either side of the pocket I adjust so I'll hit the center on the next shot.

I treat all shots like their the same and with the TOI Technique I can. I don't think there's any other way to do this because you can make any shot and get any position using TOI, therefore you can MAKE the shots the same. Of course if you con't know how to do this the shots are all vastly different, especially to beginners that have been told there are thousand of shots in pool.

I see even advanced players start a match playing incredible, and run out every time....however, they're slightly off center and in time this will produce a miss, then another. If they don't know how to adjust their game will decline and they may even lose that match and not know why.

I am willing to adjust (slightly) to make sure my shots are always calibrated to the center, even if I'm making the balls I'm not satisfied unless they are hitting center.

With the TOI Technique if I"m hitting center that means I MUST be aligned to the INSIDE of the pocket and slightly deflecting it into center. This creates the 3 Part Pocket System and gives me maximum margin of error. This is what I MUST do to compete with the greatest players, I must be willing and flexible enough to adjust BEFORE it's too late. ;) 'The Game is the Teacher'

Six Shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Received my DVD a few days ago.

Thank you CJ.

Watched the first few chapters and stopped. I'll get to the reason why in a few.

I've mentioned that I had been tinkering with the gist of TOI for a few weeks.

I've certainly had some off days as well as some that are decent. Still not a world beater. For example, last weekend on my practice day, If I was able to make a ball, I'd over run position then get too tentative and the next few only to come up way short so it was a mixture of mess. LOL.

Since I only watched the first few chapters before I stopped, I'm the type that makes notes, both mental and written. Then I proceed to just work on that until I have the full understanding of it before I move on.

I'm meticulous about detail so I find methods to try and make it simple without overwhelming or convolutions.

Today's routine was much better than usual but I'm still not a world beater.

FWIW, I was watching a little of the Swanee stream last night. I watched Ronnie Alcano thump on Warren Kiamco. Race to 7. Alcano closed the set 7-3 over Kiamco.

Anyone care to guess what technique Alcano was using? First 2 guesses don't count.

Again a hearty thanks to CJ for letting us all in on this fabulous little secret!

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
As we diminish our vision intentionally, we raise our sense of feeling and touch

Received my DVD a few days ago.

Thank you CJ.

Watched the first few chapters and stopped. I'll get to the reason why in a few.

I've mentioned that I had been tinkering with the gist of TOI for a few weeks.

I've certainly had some off days as well as some that are decent. Still not a world beater. For example, last weekend on my practice day, If I was able to make a ball, I'd over run position then get too tentative and the next few only to come up way short so it was a mixture of mess. LOL.

Since I only watched the first few chapters before I stopped, I'm the type that makes notes, both mental and written. Then I proceed to just work on that until I have the full understanding of it before I move on.

I'm meticulous about detail so I find methods to try and make it simple without overwhelming or convolutions.

Today's routine was much better than usual but I'm still not a world beater.

FWIW, I was watching a little of the Swanee stream last night. I watched Ronnie Alcano thump on Warren Kiamco. Race to 7. Alcano closed the set 7-3 over Kiamco.

Anyone care to guess what technique Alcano was using? First 2 guesses don't count.

Again a hearty thanks to CJ for letting us all in on this fabulous little secret!

Yes, once you understand the TOI you will start seeing it with many champion players. It's difficult to see them actually cuing in a certain spot because it happens so fast, but you can tell by the reaction of the cue ball.

Stick with this and it will have huge payoffs in your game, here's a recent example that happened last night with me and a businessman from Dallas:

I gave a lesson late last night, it was our 5th lesson and something "clicked" for this gentleman and I knew he was on the verge of a major breakthrough.

The subject of the lesson was describing and demonstrating exactly why the cue ball is the primary target and how to come down and "lock in," while at the same time "exchanging senses". Making progress is more about taking what's natural and focusing it in a different way to get more desirable results. When I'm above the shot I am 100% visual and really look at connecting the cue ball to the object ball. As I come down on the cue ball my visual goes from 100% to 80%, to 60%, to 40%, to 20% - at this point I'm locking into the exact TOI target I'm connecting the tip too and my feeling/touch is at 100%. I'm doing a "sensual swap" on my way down on the shot, by decreasing vision and increasing touch.

As we diminish our vision intentionally, we raise our sense of feeling and touch as a result. When we're 100% on your vision we can not possibly get to 100% in our feelings, (is that why "some" things are better with the lights off?) so we must have a process to diminish our visual experience and raise out kinesthetic (sense of feeling). 'The Game is the Teacher'

PS: The gentleman that took the lesson called me today after running 58 balls - his high lifetime run had been 19 balls. 'The Game is the Teacher' www.cjwiley.com