The Hustlers Second Season

ABR

ABR Public Relations
Silver Member
According to reddit and some cast members Facebook pages The Hustlers will be cancelled and there will not be a second season. :sorry:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
First of all there could be reruns and second, another network could pick up the show. There is life after death in TV!

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
According to reddit and some cast members Facebook pages The Hustlers will be cancelled and there will not be a second season. :sorry:

Who on the cast is saying there is no second season? We all have said there is no second season yet but it's not cancelled at all. A deal can be made for sure.

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First of all there could be reruns and second, another network could pick up the show. There is life after death in TV!
Not that the OP's information is correct, but networks don't usually show reruns of shows that only ran a season, and networks don't usually pick up another network's reality show (too easy to make a similar show with their own branding).

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not a surprise really.

As I have said before, it's bittersweet for me.

Although I hate to see pool on television go away, I was getting sick of the
unrealistic portrayal of OUR pool game.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a surprise really.

As I have said before, it's bittersweet for me.

Although I hate to see pool on television go away, I was getting sick of the
unrealistic portrayal of OUR pool game.

I doubt a realistic portrayal of any sport will make for a good show outside of a documentary. Here we have Tiger Woods practicing his chip shot. 50 times. Show over, thanks for watching.

And pool is not nearly a popular enough spectator sport to make a series of documentaries for a season.

Out of all the players out there, the ones that are best known are not close to the best players.

Although after Bruce Jenner I bet Rhea has a shot at a show ;)

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I hope it comes back. It is fantastic imo, I'm not wanting to see tournament play when I tune in. I can watch hundreds of matches that are already online. I would like to see the American road player make TV also.
I think it's definately good for pool

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree

I hope it comes back. It is fantastic imo, I'm not wanting to see tournament play when I tune in. I can watch hundreds of matches that are already online. I would like to see the American road player make TV also.
I think it's definately good for pool

Same for me. I love the Hustlers.

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apologies to everyone for getting the show cancelled. If I like a show it's gone and if I hate it the show it's on for 20 years.

Other than mountain men this was the only reality show I liked. Crap now they'll probably cancel that one to.

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is sad news if it's true. Me and my wife really enjoyed the show. She even started to play pool because of it.:(

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I like the show but there may be only so many story lines with their small group.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although I was suspicious of what was real or not I did watch the show and liked it , simply because I relate to pool and can't get out like I would like to ,however I don't think it realy had that reality feel to it
I would have much rather seen a show in line with what they were trying to do with scooter and the gang ,
You can't have a show called the hustlers and have the stars go on TV and say thier not Hustleing but rather matching up
Give me the pit with Scooter Spanky McCressh McCreedy Frankie H Eddie Abraham
Russian Kenny ,,, Strong Arm John , the Black widow on the side playing big money , Kirkwood , Klatt ,Mora ,Shaw , Oscar , Sky , MD and many others working thier games
on the side
I would really like to know how much Kirkwood makes traveling around to APA BCA the Expo and such playing 10 dollar games for hours with occasional bigger match ups of bigger money for ,he's the definition of a hustler he takes people's money and they give it to him with a smile on thier face , I've seen it go on for hours on end

Why hide what pool is ,,if there has ever been a time where anything is exceptible it's now ,, proper is in fact is what is taboo
Bring it ,bring it real and IMHO it has a better chance

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hustling in real world is exciting , in a reality show it is tame
I mean sample the storylines below- hardly engaging for the mainstream viewer - real reality show need more more drama than that . For the pool viewer yes it is awesome stuff. It is start

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-hustlers/739780/
The HustlersNEW(Season 1, Episode 10)
truTV
In the season finale, a sudden-death tournament with a large cash prize is set up by Finnegan.

SUN JUL 19 10:00AM
Doubles Trouble(Season 1, Episode 8)
truTV
The girls challenge the guys in a double match at Emily's party. Elsewhere, Amy visits a voodoo shop in search of some outside help for Ross.

networks don't usually pick up another network's reality show (too easy to make a similar show with their own branding).

In old days that is true but these days common that shows are bought from outside production company and not made by TV company itself

klone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's too bad... Maybe they'll figure a way to make more episodes but release straight on the Web.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's pretty flimsy evidence that it's cancelled. A reddit thread? They said cast members have put it on their Facebook pages, but I looked at all of them and didn't see anything like that.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'll be tuning in tomorrow night for what sounds like the final episode...

Hey, it was fun while it lasted. :(