What kind of pool table is this and would you jump on it for $1,500?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I know, because I'd have hooked just about everyone on AZ, but there are some that are smart enough to check things out first before they jump, but they're also the ones that would try and fix the problems first after discovering them rather than hiring someone to fix the problems for them....the DIY'ers, which kind of makes me think of who ever assembled this table together in the first place....a DIY'er.
I heard when you meet women in dark bars, you check under the hood before going with them. :D

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Too bad you let the cat out of the bag before you asked the question.

I'll tell you what, the use of MDF and particle for the slate backing today by so many table manufacturers is a joke, it don't last for shit, falls apart with stapling the cloth to it, and does nothing but tear up under the pocket shelfs when running screws into it in order to attach the drop pockets. Diamond dropped the use of it years ago, when they started having problems trying to service their own pool tables, the installers would have nothing but problems trying to get the staples to hold in the backing while they were trying to stretch the bed cloth and install it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I would challenge you to a twerk off for the rights to buy that table for $1500

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Would you also be ready to spend another $2,600 to get the table assembled and playing right...after you bought it?

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Knowing what has been said about it absolutely not but I wouldn't have spotted any of the problems on my own

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Knowing what has been said about it absolutely not but I wouldn't have spotted any of the problems on my own

That statement right there is what bothers me when it comes to selling used pool tables. For the most part, the sellers know what the problems are with the pool table they're trying to sell, they're just counting on you the buyer, not knowing when you look at buying.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That statement right there is what bothers me when it comes to selling used pool tables. For the most part, the sellers know what the problems are with the pool table they're trying to sell, they're just counting on you the buyer, not knowing when you look at buying.
Same with the mechanics who mess up like the one who did my table and assumed i wouldn't notice. There are shadows on the cloth covering the cushions as well as the other issues. From what I have read the cloth likely didn't get stretched properly to cause them

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if most people even realise what something like this should really cost?
I can't even get a toothless wonder out to my house to clean a gutter out for less than 100 an hour and then they always damage something clomping around
Also I know that a large percentage of those guys are looking for someone to sue when they "fall" off the roof.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Same with the mechanics who mess up like the one who did my table and assumed i wouldn't notice. There are shadows on the cloth covering the cushions as well as the other issues. From what I have read the cloth likely didn't get stretched properly to cause them

If you take a look at the cloth I installed on the slate, you can clearly see there are no stretch shadows on it anywhere, so that's factual proof it can be installed with out them if it's installed correctly. Anything short of that is incorrectly installed, but there is different levels of incorrectly installed, some not so bad that you can't live with it, to so bad that it needs to be redone...right!

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
attachment.php

$1500 for this, fuk yes! Everything looks new and beautiful for me.

I would have 3 big dudes (at least 200 lbs each) sit on this for couple of minutes and if nothing happens then it's a GO. I'll then remove the diamond label (because it's not 100% real diamond table) and also the fake ball return tray which is hanging out (WTF). Would love a free local shipping and installation though :rolleyes:

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
$1500 for this, fuk yes! Everything looks new and beautiful for me.

I would have 3 big dudes (at least 200 lbs each) sit on this for couple of minutes and if nothing happens then it's a GO. I'll then remove the diamond label (because it's not 100% real diamond table) and also the fake ball return tray which is hanging out (WTF). Would love a free local shipping and installation though :rolleyes:
Well, at least you'd know them 200 pounders couldn't pop the slate seams with them being steel plate joined together making it a one piece slate...LOL

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RKC, o don't have a pool table NO more but my kitchen chair is not level. How long and how much???

realkingcobra

Silver Member
RKC, o don't have a pool table NO more but my kitchen chair is not level. How long and how much???

Well, I guess that would depend on the quality of the chair, some is worth investing the time, others just save you from having to buy fire wood for your next outdoor BBQ:thumbup:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
yes I would. I figure the slate and base have to be somewhat decent for someone to have invested in a diamond top for it.