Just finished my long awaited project with Diamond.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'll second the comment regarding the cushion rubber. Are you using a P-37 profile from Kleber or Artemis?
What thickness on the slate?

I'm using the Artemis intercontinental K66...K55 profile cushions on the straight rail billiards tables as it's more designed for this type of game. The slate is the Diamond 1" thick...one piece slate:cool:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
cushions

I'm using the Artemis intercontinental K66...K55 profile cushions on the straight rail billiards tables as it's more designed for this type of game. The slate is the Diamond 1" thick...one piece slate:cool:

-
-
i think he meant to say number#66 Artemis intercontinental..... a K55 profile cushion

tiger37373

3 Cushion Enthusiast
Silver Member
Sounds like a fine setup for playing the small carom games. I'd love to see a full size table from Diamond, maybe even buy one, if the specs were right. Thanks for posting the info about this new table.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Well...here it is...Diamond's new 9ft straight rail billiards table. 61.5mm cue ball banks 5 times the length of the table, and 9 banks around the table as well.

Just noticed this is a very old thread but I will ask anyway. My GCII with Artemis cushions, Simonis 860, and rails modified by Josh at Club Billiards will go 4 3/4 to 5 rails up and down the table and sometimes the cue ball will just touch the 9th rail going around. Is this normal or is this how I should expect it to play? I dont have anything to really compare it to because everything, absolutely everything is bar boxes around here. There are a few 9' Diamonds at a hall about 35 miles north of me but the few times I was there the tables were occupied. It still seems just a tad slow compared to the Diamond bar boxes but I am guessing its cause they are 7' tables, kinda hard to compare the 2 unless you make something similar to a Stimpmeter.