AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And the latest

Go East, young Dorian...

030615.png

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Dorian just got upgraded to a Cat 5 with winds of 160 mph and Bahamas is about to get the worst of it.

Looks like FL is going to be spared a direct hit as it turns north up the coast but they will still get some pretty big winds and plenty of rain/flooding.

Now Savannah up to the Carolinas are expected to be in the path but will be a bit weaker when it gets there.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m in Costa Rica on vacation. My flight back home to Atlanta and with a layover in Fort Lauderdale on Monday has been cancelled.

It’s nice here, but I do want to get home. I’m thinking I’ll be stuck in CR for the whole week. Not what I’m after.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wherever y'all are, we Buckeyes are praying for yuns. :cool:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m in Costa Rica on vacation. My flight back home to Atlanta and with a layover in Fort Lauderdale on Monday has been cancelled.

It’s nice here, but I do want to get home. I’m thinking I’ll be stuck in CR for the whole week. Not what I’m after.

Hairy times right now. Stay put. Stay safe. I have friends on Cruise ship. They were to return to Ft Lauderdale on Sunday but are getting an extended ride. They are out at sea somewhere. Cannot dock for a while.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wish the best for you guys living in the path of the hurricane. can't even imagine having to evacuate my home

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Who were you flying with to have to connect through Lauderdale on that route? :eek:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
seems florida has dodged a bullet no landfall
eye of the storm far enough off shore
tropical storm force winds(likely power outages) /rain/storm surge
georgia and especially the carolinas have to worry now...be safe all you georgia/carolinas mambers

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
In Cocoa/Cocoa Beach we really got lucky! Never lost power, just high tropical storm winds/heavy rain, overnight. That's it! Will last throughout the day.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
not sure if we have any members from Bahamas but wow, things are looking awful there.

northern GA and the Carolinas will also be getting some big winds and rain (thankfully, not like Bahamas).

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
On the gulfside of Florida, we have just enough breeze to fly a kite. Maybe.

My thoughts are with my family on the coast of North Carolina.

Freddie <~~~ prepared for the next

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm on the tip of Hatteras Island. The latest reports I've seen is that it may come inland on the sound which is bad b/c the flooding will be much worse.

The boat is out of the water and I'm stocked on everything.

ABC store is still open and it's packed lol..

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's passing by us right now. Just getting the edge. Plenty of rain but winds not over 40MPH.

We're fine.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm on the tip of Hatteras Island. The latest reports I've seen is that it may come inland on the sound which is bad b/c the flooding will be much worse.

I read somewhere stores and gas stations were gouging
people for water, gas, and supplies. Would be nice
to see people helping each other out but I suppose capitalism has a dark side

Glad to hear Florida wont get the brunt of it.
I cant imagine those in the Bahamas where the
hurricane stalls, that is insane.

All those still in the path stay safe.
Wishing yall good rolls as the storm continues on.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I wish you’d get out of there....highest point on the island is 56 feet.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m at the airport heading back home to Atl today. With my two extra days of unplanned vacation I climbed to a waterfall and also went to hot springs.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish you’d get out of there....highest point on the island is 56 feet.

If we leave and it's a bad one, then it may be week(s) before they let residents back onto the island. Not worried about looting but more about that damage that would go untreated for that period of time.

They have put in a new bridge where NC-12 would usually out so hopefully we won't get cut off from the mainland.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
If we leave and it's a bad one, then it may be week(s) before they let residents back onto the island. Not worried about looting but more about that damage that would go untreated for that period of time.

They have put in a new bridge where NC-12 would usually out so hopefully we won't get cut off from the mainland.

I’m pulling for you, sir