• SL9

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • other

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters

Chadk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm wondering what the general skill level of most players on AZ is? There sure seem to be allot of experts.

If you play a league where you are ranked into a skill level please let us know.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Chad,

Knowing the tendencies of this forum, you're probably gonna get criticized for using APA ratings.

Maniac

tuda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i dont have any idea what these skill levels mean, but im assuming a 3 is the worst you can be...

so i will say, at my age, and the state of my stroke (stop laughing at it by the way) i would have to say, i will take the 8 from any 3 in the country, and bet high...

like 5 a game.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm wondering what the general skill level of most players on AZ is? There sure seem to be allot of experts.

If you play a league where you are ranked into a skill level please let us know.

I think most posters on AZ are pretty serious about pool. This makes me believe that most of them are better than average. Playing strong pool takes dedication and hard work. Posters who take the time to talk about pool on a forum more than likely are investing time in their game as well.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Agreed, there are a ton of players that don't play APA. Even if you do, in 8-ball, SL7 is the highest rating, which leaves room for a huge variety of skill levels. Not sure what it is for 9ball??

There have been many polls with different questions about Skill level.. Good luck with your poll but the results will most likely be far from what you're looking for.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I think most posters on AZ are pretty serious about pool. This makes me believe that most of them are better than average. Playing strong pool takes dedication and hard work. Posters who take the time to talk about pool on a forum more than likely are investing time in their game as well.

Aaaaahhh, we have a deep-thinker amongst us now. This is good!!!

Maniac (short on brains and even shorter on pool ability :eek:)

break2win

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does this translate to VNEA? I never played APA
or BCA but according to people I know in APA, I would be a SL7 but in VNEA my rating is a 9 of a possible 10. You must realize different leagues have different ranking levels.

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
Sl

Just as nine_ball touched on, most people that peruse the AZ boards really love the game of pool and are some what dedicated to the game. So it would make sense that most would be at least average players, with quite a few above average. And then you have some that are well above average.

I love the game and wish I could make myself become more dedicated to a higher level of play. Family and work come first.

I do play in the APA league. Been doing it pretty much constantly since 2002. I am currently ranked SL6 in 8 ball and SL7 in 9 ball. Again, I am trying to push myself to a higher level, but it's hard to find time.

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
I don't play APA/CPA so I don't have a frame of reference. From what I understand though an SL5 from New York is the same as a SL7 from Wisconsin.

Chadk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Certainly your right on here.......However, I'm pretty shocked that the 9's are running away wit it. I play in a 12-16 team league and to my knowledge there are only 2 7's that we will run into occasionally.

I have so much work to go..........:frown: