Diamond 9ft Professional with Dymondwood rails for sale for $1,500....RIGHT!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
How many AZ members would jump on a deal like that? Well, let me tell you all a little story about a deal like this one. A few months back a customer who bought that so called Diamond Professional called me to see if I could fit him in my schedule seeing how I was up in Washington state already, he wanted the red label designed rails turned into the blue label rails and the pockets tightened up as well, so okay, I'm thinking this is a simple walk in the park, so I set up a day to drive up to Monroe to his house and pick his rails up so I could take.them back to my shop to work on them.

When I got to his house I met Damian, the owner of the table, I had Gordon Graham with me as well, so we followed Damian through the house to where the pool table was. When I saw the table I was a little stunned at first, Gordon didn't catch it right away, but I asked Damian where he bought his table, to which he replied, Phoenix, AZ. That's when I told him, that's not a Diamond, the rails are Diamond but the rest of the table....I don't know what it is at the moment, I'll have to take a look at it, so....I did! This is what I discovered, the rails, skirts, and pockets were Diamond all the way, and in great condition at that, but the rest of the table, well let's explain that, starting with the slates, we're Connelly, 1 1/4" thick, particleboard backing, crumbling at the pockets, Gandy frame, I still haven't figured out who the leg pedestals belong to, all I know is they don't fit the frame, which is why they were lag bolted to the frame....and to close to the middle of the frame of the table, then the leg levelers were from a Valley coin op pool table, which is why the playing surface was at 31 1/2" high from the floor up! All I can say is WOW, this is the worst Frankenstein pool table I've come across.....and Damian says to me...."you can fix it....right"....:rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Buyers....beware of all the great deals out here on used pool tables is all I can say!

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please tell is you took photos or know someone who did. Also, was it installed by another mechanic who thought it was real?

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

We know he bought it in Arizona but who transported it from Texas to Arizona....:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::

Glens famous words~>RUN!!!!!RUN BUDDY RUN! But we all know he will prob take on the job for the challenge.

Rob.M

realkingcobra

Silver Member
We know he bought it in Arizona but who transported it from Texas to Arizona....:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::

Glens famous words~>RUN!!!!!RUN BUDDY RUN! But we all know he will prob take on the job for the challenge.

Rob.M
Yeah, I took on the job alright, I felt bad for Damian because he's pretty much one of the top players in the PNW, and really had his heart set on owning a Diamond 9ft, then he ends up with this shit. I'll post pictures of this table in a little while, starting with the rails, as the Diamond rail bolt pattern don't match up with the Connelly slate bolt pattern, so the rails for the most part had lag bolts used to bolt the rails to the slates.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I took on the job alright, I felt bad for Damian because he's pretty much one of the top players in the PNW, and really had his heart set on owning a Diamond 9ft, then he ends up with this shit. I'll post pictures of this table in a little while, starting with the rails, as the Diamond rail bolt pattern don't match up with the Connelly slate bolt pattern, so the rails for the most part had lag bolts used to bolt the rails to the slates.

were they real diamond rails or knockoffs?

I'm wondering what would have happened to the rest of the diamond table (slate, frame, etc) that someone would just salvage only the rails and exterior, and move to make a what sounds like a chop-shop version of a diamond table.

It just seems like the con (stripping a diamond table/time/labor) is more trouble than it was worth ($1,500)

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
were they real diamond rails or knockoffs?

I'm wondering what would have happened to the rest of the diamond table (slate, frame, etc) that someone would just salvage only the rails and exterior, and move to make a what sounds like a chop-shop version of a diamond table.

It just seems like the con (stripping a diamond table/time/labor) is more trouble than it was worth ($1,500)
Maybe somebody updated a red label Diamond to the blue label rails. Then they sold, or gave away the old rails.

Pure speculation on my part, but sounds reasonable.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe somebody updated a red label Diamond to the blue label rails. Then they sold, or gave away the old rails.

Ok I didn't think of that - that sounds right.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could see this ending poorly for whoever sold the guy a table made from spare parts for $1,500 as a Diamond.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I think you're probably right, as Diamond wouldn't have offered that much h for trade in against a new set of blue label rails, but what I can't figure out....is where is the rest of the Gandy table, because I found the frame to it:thumbup: or better yet, where's the rest of the Connelly table because I know where the slates are:rolleyes:

Last edited:

timsmcm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow what a horror story. Sounds like something from a Stephen King book.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
We have a Frankenstein table at our room....it's a Black Crown from Canada Billiards...
....with a Gold Crown top....I call it the Oil Crown. :)
....bought a set of GC 4 copy rails for a GC 1....traded the Black Crown rails to a mechanic
for work.

I have played on a 6x12 that had an Anniversary base with an old set of slate that takes
the side-mounted bolts....and a much newer set of Fleetwood rails....
...that wasn't weird enough...an 1.5 inch pipe connected the three legs...
....RKC would've hurt himself laughing at this....but it played not bad.