Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Philosophy of buying, selling, and keeping my shooting cue
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-24-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiardthought View Post
Wondering why I am toting around 1200 bucks worth of cue when the 160 dollar Schmelke shot just fine as well.

I want to hear what you think.
You answered your own question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
I know several guys that have over.
However only one cue is the daily player. The rest are for fun, collecting, wall art and for the guys wife to toss when he croaks. To have a good player is like having that special bat or bowling ball or golf club. No need to upgrade or experiment. No reason to change what is working. I was playing with a $100 Meucci(1980) and a $150 CueTec I bought in 1998. Both worked well. Had no reason to replace. I went to the first SBE .BIG MISTAKE. Ordered a $1000 dollar custom. I like the thinness of the butt and the beauty of the cue. Eventually nicked it...had it refinished and now it sits. Anyway cues have certain kind of beauty. Buy and use. Buy and display. Or simply buy just to buy. I enjoy playing with a Predator Roadlline and a Schon H4... I shoot just as well with a Schmelke sneaky. There are no rules. Let your pocket be your guide or use your hard earned $$$ for life's priorities. The truth is only one cue is needed....maybe 2( A breaker).

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 03-25-2016 at 04:47 AM.

Old
  (#32)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Kcode View Post
How many women/men does one go through to find the perfect one. How do you know you found it.

Some questions are never going to be answered!

Enjoy your new cue.

Larry

True, but if its the right motorcycle....it will then answer ALL your questions.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#33)
SandFox
AzB Silver Member
SandFox has a reputation beyond reputeSandFox has a reputation beyond reputeSandFox has a reputation beyond reputeSandFox has a reputation beyond reputeSandFox has a reputation beyond reputeSandFox has a reputation beyond reputeSandFox has a reputation beyond reputeSandFox has a reputation beyond reputeSandFox has a reputation beyond reputeSandFox has a reputation beyond reputeSandFox has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2016, 11:06 PM

I bought my player because I knew I would never get rid of it. I also know its the only one like it which is nice to think about. Sure I have different shafts now for it and I did buy a spare cue in case I need one but my Pearl is always gonna be main cue.

Old
  (#34)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
Life is shorter than we think. Enjoy, Doc.
And when it ends its for a long time.

Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.

Old
  (#35)
billiardthought
Anti-intellectualism
billiardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2016, 05:06 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies. I guess I will stop overthinking it and just keep doing what I'm doing. No need to sweat it and just let the cues keep coming and going until I know for sure when I'm holding the right cue.

The beatings will continue until volunteering improves

Old
  (#36)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

03-25-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiardthought View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. I guess I will stop overthinking it and just keep doing what I'm doing. No need to sweat it and just let the cues keep coming and going until I know for sure when I'm holding the right cue.
That's the fun of pool. As far as having a few cues.... They become part of your life's collection. They are a part of your lifestyle. There is a great pleasure in owning/buying cues. It's the thrill of the hunt.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: