Finally finished up the 2 Gold Crown 1's I took in to rebuild.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
As its been said, better late than never. A lot of things have disrupted my life and turned it upside down over the last 2 years, but I'm finally starting to get caught up. I sure appreciate Mike and Larry's patience and understanding of what I've gone through with the death of my son and then my mother, I'm finally coming back around.
This is Mikes GC, 4" corner pockets & 4 1/2" side pockets. Brunswick SuperSpeed cushions, GC4 drop pockets.

20160324_234145.jpg

20160324_234159.jpg

20160324_234215.jpg

20160324_234245.jpg

20160324_234352.jpg

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Glen the table looks better than brand new. OMG those pockets look tough! Its nice to see you back and posting pics of your work. I will have you work on my table again if you ever pass through and need something to do. No one else I will trust;)

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice work.

I got used to 4.5 inch pockets on my table very quickly. Wish I'd gone 4.25 in the corners...4 inch is snug. Great 1 pocket table. Owner will be a beast on house tables.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Larry's GC however, was a whole different challenge. His table has Artemis K55 cushions, 4 1/2" corner pockets, 5" side pockets, everything else is exactly the same as Mikes GC as far as the rebuild goes, only....I had to make Larry's table movable anytime he wanted to play pool as its in a one car garage and he parks his car indoors every night. It was a challenge, but it was a fun test of my skills and I think I did ok...LOL he can pull his car out now, roll his table in place, press the foot release on the jack, lowering the table right on the marks where it goes on the floor....and play pool on a perfectly level table. Foot peddle raise the table up, push it back in place....and pull his car in for the night.

20160324_002253.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'll list all the details of what went into rebuilding both tables with pictures later today and tomorrow.....I have another funeral to attend later today, had another death in the family last week....again.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Wow,what a table....great job champ.

He should park outside.. If there was room for your truck and trailer to park he should be good:)

Rob.M

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Beautiful job, RKC.
Those metal trim pieces around the pockets. I've never seen that type finish. :)

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Nice work.

I got used to 4.5 inch pockets on my table very quickly. Wish I'd gone 4.25 in the corners...4 inch is snug. Great 1 pocket table. Owner will be a beast on house tables.

I agree with you're thought... 4.25 corner and 4.5 side pockets are what I believe should be minimums. Any smaller IMO just about takes cheating the pocket or using a slight bit of rail out of the game which to me are essential part of it. I understand that the angle the insides are cut help with pocket drop but still those corners of the cushions being that close is just too much torture when you're trying to get in stroke... It's good for Mike though. ;):smile:

I ain't playin' no one pocket on THAT table...lol

JC

Coos Cues
Those pockets are obscene by definition. In a sort of nice way. :eek:

ob·scene
/əbˈsēn/

adjective

Offensive to moral principles; repugnant.

synonyms: shocking, scandalous, vile, foul, atrocious, outrageous, heinous, odious, abhorrent, abominable, disgusting, hideous, repugnant, offensive, objectionable, repulsive, revolting, repellent, loathsome, nauseating, sickening, awful, dreadful, terrible, frightful

How did you achieve the deep shelf on the GC slate Glen?

JC

PocketPooler

Silver Member
Beautiful work. Wish you the best recovering from your losses. Nobody should go through the loss of a child.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

ob·scene
/əbˈsēn/

adjective

synonyms: shocking, scandalous, vile, foul, atrocious, outrageous, heinous, odious, abhorrent, abominable, disgusting, hideous, repugnant, offensive, objectionable, repulsive, revolting, repellent, loathsome, nauseating, sickening, awful, dreadful, terrible, frightful

JC
Well....aaahhh.....ummm....aaahhhh.....hmmmm....well, I kind of sort of found a Diamond 3 piece deep shelf slate and aaahhhh.....sort of modified it to fit on a GC1....and changed it to a 5 rail bolt per rail bolt pattern;)

JC

Coos Cues
Well....aaahhh.....ummm....aaahhhh.....hmmmm....well, I kind of sort of found a Diamond 3 piece deep shelf slate and aaahhhh.....sort of modified it to fit on a GC1....and changed it to a 5 rail bolt per rail bolt pattern;)

Just sort of found a set of slates laying around? Hmmm......

I'm not sure the ten ball in that photo can be shot down the rail and get whitey out of the jaws afterwards.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just sort of found a set of slates laying around? Hmmm......

I'm not sure the ten ball in that photo can be shot down the rail and get whitey out of the jaws afterwards.

I don't know....it's not my turn to shoot....LMAO

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice!

Very nice work. Wish there was some one in Alaska that could tighten up the pockets on my old Rebco.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ob·scene
/əbˈsēn/

adjective

JC

That is so true. Man those are scary looking pockets. Bring your A game or stay home.