5x10 carom table cushion replacement

sly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good day technicians
maybe someone can help me,we don't see to many billiard tables in canada
i've got a brunswick manchester 1940 carom,1cloth put on the rails,still had the baulklines on the bed!
what i would like to know is what cushions to replace the originals with,they look to be k55 with canvas on the bottom
the rail itself is very close to 1 3/4 inch thick,
cushion height is 1 7/16 ,is that the right height for a carom table? with the big balls?
any help would be aprieciated. thanks
rod

realkingcobra

Silver Member
sly said:
good day technicians
maybe someone can help me,we don't see to many billiard tables in canada
i've got a brunswick manchester 1940 carom,1cloth put on the rails,still had the baulklines on the bed!
what i would like to know is what cushions to replace the originals with,they look to be k55 with canvas on the bottom
the rail itself is very close to 1 3/4 inch thick,
cushion height is 1 7/16 ,is that the right height for a carom table? with the big balls?
any help would be aprieciated. thanks
rod
Your guess work is correct, Brunswick used K55 cushions turned up side down for the billiards cushions. Billiard balls come in different sizes, and it sounds like your table was set up for the smaller billards balls.

Glen

sly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the reply glen,
is it possible ,even being a T-rail table to shim up the rails to accept the standard carom balls (2 3/8 i believe.) there can't be to much missing and with no bolt holes under the rail, have 1 thin piece of hardwood to bring it up.bolt holes may have to be enlargened. could this work?
is there an artemis cushion i could use?

rod

realkingcobra

Silver Member
sly said:
thanks for the reply glen,
is it possible ,even being a T-rail table to shim up the rails to accept the standard carom balls (2 3/8 i believe.) there can't be to much missing and with no bolt holes under the rail, have 1 thin piece of hardwood to bring it up.bolt holes may have to be enlargened. could this work?
is there an artemis cushion i could use?

rod
Yes, Artimus makes a billiards cushion, not sure of the model number though as I don't use it often enough to remember, but someone on here will know. As far as cushion height goes, for 2 3/8" billiard balls, the nose of the cushion needs to be at 1 1/2" so all you'd need to do is add a 1/6" inch strip to the bottom of the rails before they're recovered which will bring the nose height of the cushions up when you bolt them back on, you should have enough play in the T-rail bolts to do that.

Glen

scruffy1

Silver Member
This was the last artemis billiard cushion we used.

Attachments

• artemisRCPRO37.jpg
    artemisRCPRO37.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 449