I am looking for predator vantage reviews

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shaft reviews is it worth the money.

:lol:

Got my new shaft today and boy----------what a joke.

The tip is just under 13mm and the shaft is way over 13mm.

I live alone and I was yelling out loud what a joke these new shafts were.

Built as fat as a break shaft.

I will resell it and I'm not even going to try it out.

So one new Predator shaft for sale-------$280 shipping is included.

:poke:

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:lol:

Got my new shaft today and boy----------what a joke.

The tip is just under 13mm and the shaft is way over 13mm.

I live alone and I was yelling out loud what a joke these new shafts were.

Built as fat as a break shaft.

I will resell it and I'm not even going to try it out.

So one new Predator shaft for sale-------$280 shipping is included.

:poke:

return it. unused correct!

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see Seyberts has these in multiple joint options now. Would like to try one but I think they're too expensive, don't see what makes them worth $90 over a OB+ shaft. That roughly $200 range seems reasonable for a high end LD shaft but getting over $300 just seems like too much.

Abram_Diaz

Registered
I've had mine for about a month now, and I love it. I was a huge fan of the Fat shaft which was discontinued. What I like most about it, is that it has less deflection than the 314 and it's much stiffer.

Mezz'd up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had mine for about a month now, and I love it. I was a huge fan of the Fat shaft which was discontinued. What I like most about it, is that it has less deflection than the 314 and it's much stiffer.

Abram - really another user is saying the opposite. Does the Vantage deflect less than the 314.2?

Se7en6ix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Vantage shaft has less deflection than the 314 2 and its plays really consistent here is a link to the deflection test although the results may be subjective
http://youtu.be/vcivA-G-Ans

so that's how they test deflection, parallel movement the left/right and not back hand English..

Nice video.. now imagine that with 12.75 or 12.5....... it would probably best the 314-2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'

the other user saying that it deflects more. I think its true, for the reason that is 12.9mm.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so that's how they test deflection, parallel movement the left/right and not back hand English..

Nice video.. now imagine that with 12.75 or 12.5....... it would probably best the 314-2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'

the other user saying that it deflects more. I think its true, for the reason that is 12.9mm.

:shakehead:

Only the tip is 12.9mm.

The shaft itself is more like 13.25mm or a little bigger.

I don't know of anyone that likes a shaft that big.

I think the video and the hype is bull____.

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
the videos is acurate for the deflection test. I think the Z2 has less deflection .But the main thing that the vantage seems to go after is a totally different hit while still being low deflection.It also seems that It produces more spin with less power.

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
I have been using the Vantage shaft for a couple of months now. The big shaft takes getting used to. I does deliver more English than a 314 or z with same speed, so you get more English with less power. I have played with Muecci's for over 20 years and this thing was hard for me to get used too. It has way less feeling in the shaft, kind of a dead hit. It has more deflection in my testing against my 314 shaft, so not sure the less deflection thing came from. It is way stiffer shaft though.

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
Guy at the pool hall last night had one, asked him what he thought, said it hardly leaves his case.

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vantage shafts - a winner

Since all I purchase is partials I cannot comment on the various claims that the tip/ferrules on some complete shafts are not the exact same size . . . but I can tell you this - the ones I have received are excellent and deliver the hit and performance that customers are after. Not the least expensive shaft out there and perhaps not for everyone - but for those who are looking for a larger diameter shaft with low deflection and a solid hit the Vantage shafts has something to offer. :thumb up:

cjfd2006

Registered
Just got my vantage shafts yesterday and I thinks it's amazing . This is my first predator cue a sport 2 ice , I had been shooting with a Lucasi hybrid lht 87 with a hybrid slim shafts . But the feel of the vantage to me is way more solid than with my Lucasi . You do get a lot more English with less effort due to the bigger size which is taking some getting used to but I'd say the vantage is well worth the money

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone tried the 11.8mm carom version of the Vantage shaft ? I am guessing it delivers the best of the Z and the V but I could be wrong.

Poolboss1030

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My friend plays with a vantage because he likes the thickness in the shaft but me personally I feel the deflection isn't better than the 314-3 or the z3

Jdm34

jared marion
Silver Member
Has anyone tried the 11.8mm carom version of the Vantage shaft ? I am guessing it delivers the best of the Z and the V but I could be wrong.
I just got the 3c version i only hit a few balls the hit is pretty much the same as the Z3 deflection was very low.