idiosyncrasies that drive you nuts while playing.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Grinding chalk on like your trying to bore a hole through the cube. Drives me nuts.

Then again, I have been told I am overly gentle with my chalking. What can I say? I am a gentle guy I guess. :embarrassed2::p:thumbup:

And if you do it to my cue when I let you use it then it really drives me nuts as I see all that chalk running down the ferrule and shaft...and all over the rails... And I'm not picky, my ferrules are dirty and my shafts dark.... Just can't stand to see that. If it's my cue I'll be grabbing it back shortly thank you kindly. :mad:

Yeah.

Pet Peaves.....:thumbup:

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
Tapping the chalk on the rail, or the table like you ate talking to a shot. Moron, they are scattering chalk dust everywhere. I require everyone to use pocket chalkers on my home table. No chalk allowed on the table at all. I got fed up spending all that time meticulously cleaning the table and balls, only to have some sh$t for brains tapping the chalk face down on the table grinding chalk into it. So, in my pool room it's pocket chalker or GTFO.

Nine Miler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get frustrated at my local room when folks eat and don't use silverware. They may be using napkins and all that, but the whole time I am internally raging about what they might be transferring to their cue and the cloth. The waitress at my local room has brought me silverware for a snickers bar as a joke. As a Seinfeld fan, I could appreciate that. Lol.

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slow play.

Opponents who win the set, then proceed to mark up the last bead before or after shaking your hand (ex-putting up the 5th bead in a race to 5).

Rtstreet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hate the chalk grinding. And someone taking 10 minutes for a "shoot and stop" shot.

bad_hit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate when people say "have fun" before a match. Yeah, there's something wrong with me, I get it...but stop with the "have fun" crap. You didn't drive 275 miles and pay your $150 entry fee just to "have fun", you want to win as bad as I do. Have fun on your own dime, chum.

Basically I hate fun :grin:

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Participants in this thread seem to all be some angry individuals. Ease up on the caffeine intake folks.

And for the love of god stop boring a hole in all the chalk at the pool hall. SHeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I hate it when a guy jumps up on the table and dances around after beating you.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about the bangers or people that seldom play that don't realize there is no chalk in their tray when they get to the table next to you and want to borrow your chalk.
you should see the look on their face when I tell them that it's my personal chalk and go to the counter and get some.
And I do use premium chalk.

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When someone tells me good shot. I know they mean it but for some reason it just guarantees I'll miss my next shot. (I do appreciate the compliment though)

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
How about the bangers or people that seldom play that don't realize there is no chalk in their tray when they get to the table next to you and want to borrow your chalk.
you should see the look on their face when I tell them that it's my personal chalk and go to the counter and get some.

I've had em pick it up and walk off with it like it's theirs now. Oh, yeah. Bunch of times. Brand new cube of kamui.

PocketPooler

Silver Member
1. People who use talc or powder and get the dirty ass hand on the cloth.

2. Idiots who act like they dont know the rules.

3. Bar bangers who use the "Super Flamboyance" stroke like theyve got transplanted 'Filipino on steroid' wrists. Especially when they cant play a radio.

4. Jumping under a ball

5. Guys who think you have to call EVERYTHING. Short rails. Kisses, rattles before dropping.

6. Homemade house rules.

7. Tournaments that draw with cards, instead of using a bracket. I cant help that the Tourn. Director is too dumb to know how to work byes, and is ok with playing the same matches back to back.

8. Squeaking chalk, and BORING it out of course.

9. Using their cue like a protractor as if it magically tells you a bank angle. It's always funny how far off they are in judgement and even more funny when they break out the Super Flamboyance and not even hit the mark for which they were protracting.

10. Anything but BLUE chalk on my TOURNAMENT BLUE table.

I may need therapy after this... Im really irritated now. Thanks alot!

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
How bout this one? Guy shows up with his girl friend and a bucket of beers. Pulls up two chairs and a table and parks it next to your practice table where you can't even walk around the table any more so they can watch their friends playing on the next table over. Then his friends show up and park in your area as well.

I think they call it APA.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member

Been here, done this.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having to tell some clueless a^*hole it's his shot because he's f^&*ing with his f&*(ng phone!!!!! There, i feel better already.