Help with Becue joint pin and insert

Revlucjl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would appreciate any help on the Becue joint pin and insert. I had messaged Allesandro in Italy a few months ago. He said that they were moving their business to a different city. I have waited patiently for his reply which never came. I am happy with the Cue but not with his lack of response. I finally messaged them again asking for thread info on their pin and insert. I was told that it was a standard metric M10x1......My question...Does anyone know if there is an equivalent pin and insert in U.S. pins that would work? I would prefer not to pay the extra shipping and handling to purchase the pin and insert from Italy. Any help would be appreciated.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like one of those things that there is probably a reasonable workaround for...but your long term interests would likely be best served by the maker.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Their default pin is not anything exotic. It is a standard 10 mm 1.5 thread pin. You can buy a bolt with this threading at any hardware store, which you can use as a substitute for their pin. Of course this would not be a pin designed for cues. Inserts with this threading can also obtained at your local hardware store as a substitute for a cue insert. This is not an ideal solution, but is a work-around in a pinch. I have built a couple of joint protectors for my BeCue using this approach.

I don’t know of any domestic pin that could substitute for their pin.

I have been looking for their pin/insert combo myself but have not found it anywhere. I haven’t tried buying it directly from BeCue. Let me know if you find a source.

(BTW, What do you need the pin/insert for?)

Last edited: