Rambow Fans

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've done a good amount of research on Rambow and this is the ONLY advertisement for his stand-alone cue business that I have ever seen.
(probably because it was very short-lived)
And it has a blatant typo ! LOL

For $15 I am willing to print enlarged copies onto 8.5x11 photo stock (with no watermarks) if anyone would like a copy, let me know.

1921 Dec Rambow Superior Cue WATERMARKED.jpg

This is from December 1921

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You never heard of Rainbow

Somewhere over the Rainbow!
I think that is too cool.
Nick :)

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hundreds most certainly, perhaps thousands. But I doubt that we'll ever know anything for certain. ( Unless someone ended up with his accounting books) Brunswick didn't keep track of squat.

I do speak to his grandson occasionally, so the next time I do, I'll ask if a "total" number was ever mentioned or discussed.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
I wonder if most people know who did all the calligraphy on Rambow cues?

His name was Charlie Kimmel. A little guy about 5' who was an old time banty rooster!

He started out in the 20's & 30's as a, 'board writer' for Al Capone in the 'book joints of Chicago.

Then he went onto to become a scoreboard writer for the PGA.

For most of the cues Herman made from the 40's till His death, Charlie did all the calligraphy.

Charlie was a pretty good pool player and 3 player. In his later years he hung around, Howard & Paulina Billiards on the North side of Chicago.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where was his last shop address (in the loop)? Several friends ordered a cue from him in the early sixties, and all remarked on the huge ivory tusks inside the doorway.