honestly i can not see why anyone would care to help pro pool

the tournaments are not worth watching in person

i never actually met anyone interested in watching pro pool

other than the derby,which used to provide an action atmosphere

i have been at the hotels during the tournaments ,but it was extremely dull
i watched a couple of one pocket matches and left

my guess is that the future of pro pool is worse than it has been

why do we keep discussing this,when it is obviously such a dead issue

live stream is kinda interesting with commentary,but without Billy it is dull too

it seems to attract a lower class of people as participants than any sport i know

even bowling or this crazy thing throwing bean bags at a hole gets more viewers

why would anyone sponsor these guys
or even walk across the room to watch them

the players are bums,they can not attract sponsors or backers

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i agree pool is a pretty boring sport to watch, but the rest of what you said isn't really reality across the board.

live stream is kinda interesting with commentary,but without Billy it is dull too

it seems to attract a lower class of people as participants than any sport i know

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
The only reason anyone is even talking about the amateur players is because they are the only crowd left with any money in the pool world nowadays. It is the last place that the pro players can try to feed themselves from. And, as is typical from the pool world, the pros are doing nothing to motivate any of the amateur players to donate to them. If anything, there continues to be a widening divide between league players and professional pool players. They talk with distain about the league players and don’t even view them as part of the sport.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

Dang Deanoc.

You are certainly not the first to see the game and the players in such a negative view but it seems that out of one side of your mouth you promote the game and out of the other....not so much.

Now I am a sad tomato.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dang Deanoc.

You are certainly not the first to see the game and the players in such a negative view but it seems that out of one side of your mouth you promote the game and out of the other....not so much.

Now I am a sad tomato.

Well the truth is hard to swallow sometimes ,, the fact is if not for league and recreational players pro players wouldn't even have a place to play , not to mention how many of them actually contribute anything to the country in paid taxes or anything else for that matter most live off the grid its a life style they choose

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have mixed feelings about giving my money to certain pros, simply due to them being scumbags as a person, no matter how well they play pool.

Having said that, I would be happy to donate a modest amount (~$50 To $60) of money each month to the pros in general to help with expenses such as hotels, rental cars, food .....etc.

Having said that, lol, I'm not a league player and have never been in league but if a trustworthy fund ever is put in place I will be in line.

Why would I, someone that's never even played league, be willing to donate to something he is not even a part of? Well, I love pool in general but I am in-love with high-level pool and would do what I could to make sure it not only stays alive, but thrives more as time goes on.

Some pros do more than others for the longevity of pool. There should be things in place to keep low life's out.....such as background checks and the like.

Pool needs more respected members or it will never be seen as it should be.

There is a word, it is called accountability. It's amazing what happens when that word is put to use.

Rake

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the truth is hard to swallow sometimes ,, the fact is if not for league and recreational players pro players wouldn't even have a place to play , not to mention how many of them actually contribute anything to the country in paid taxes or anything else for that matter most live off the grid its a life style they choose

Very true.

Im acquainted with several pros. Some of them are to say the least, not good people.

If someone, say, at your workplace, did the things some of these pros do in pool...well, they would be in big trouble with uncle Sam. Not to mention, would be looked down on by ALL that knew and would not be respected in the least.

I know pool is a tough way to make a living but then again, so is digging ditches but most ditch diggers I know, stay in good standing with our country.

You know What? A friend of mine which happens to be a huge pool fan, commented just the other day about how he hated companies that take our money and send it across seas. Lol.....i couldn't get him to understand that is what happens when someone from ....say......the Philippines.....comes to US, wins $$$$ and then sends it str8 back to their homeland.

Then again, the company's that di it....at least they pay "some" taxes.

I love pool so I'm gonna stop here before someone....lol..... takes me wrong.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Professional pool is circling the drain and has been for many years.

We can thank the BCA organization for kicking them out of their group. BCA is for industry members. They are supposed to be the governing body of professional pool, but they continue to ignore this function. BCA organization need to assume the blame here.

As far as professional players promoting the sport, I see this a lot, but some members of this forum and elsewhere have tunnel vision and only see what they want to see.

It doesn't matter how much the professional players try to give back to pool, nobody gives a damn.

We have less than 10 competent pros in USA now. The aging lot cannot perform the way they used to, though they continue to try. It's their life. I'm not going to knock them for making that choice.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Replacement of the BCA

Professional pool is circling the drain and has been for many years.

We can thank the BCA organization for kicking them out of their group. BCA is for industry members.

They are supposed to be the governing body of professional pool, but they continue to ignore this function. BCA organization need to assume the blame here.

As far as professional players promoting the sport, I see this a lot, but some members of this forum and elsewhere have tunnel vision and only see what they want to see.

It doesn't matter how much the professional players try to give back to pool, nobody gives a damn.

We have less than 10 competent pros in USA now. The aging lot cannot perform the way they used to, though they continue to try. It's their life. I'm not going to knock them for making that choice.

The statement in bold is very true. I ask myself, if that was the main root cause of the decline of Pool, then why hasn't someone thought of creating an organization that would be a membership organization in which people were members that paid some dues to fix what the BCA broke?

Never mind that if you set this organization up as a foundation that saved more than it spent and used the interest off of its growing bankroll in a mutual fund, that Pool would have a permanent source of money from now on........the question remains....

Why hasn't someone stepped up and created an organization to replace the BCA?

I decided to Blog this Post with further explanation as it looks like it killed this thread. I think its a valid question waiting for an answer.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/blog.php?b=12150

Last edited: