Should I trade my Schon for a Samsara cue?

scassidy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a person who wants to trade me a Samsara true color cue with true shaft for my Schon cue.. The Samsara model is Flame Five. The cue is only a few months old and in good condition. I have never used a Samsara cue before but am kinda bored with my Schon. I'm looking for input from people who have used Samsara cues and if they are comparable or better than Schon cues, or if I would be trading down by getting the Samsara cue?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Samsara's workmanship is absolutely top-shelf. You'll probably like it but depending on the model of Schon, he should add some cash

Schon is also well-regarded, and easier to sell

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless your schon is elite or unique I doubt
your trading down. Samsara cues are great cues.
I like the regular maple shaft but that is a preference
thing. True shaft is ok.
Hit some balls with it. Look up models of both cues.
If they are comparable prices and you like the hit,
Samsara is a great cue.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Since you are asking for opinion:

For the money Samsara commands, they really should move away from ebonized materials.

Last edited:

nsafellow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do not trade your Schon. Buy a couple of shafts for it. Get the Schon Hybrid shaft.

I have owned both cues even some very high end Samsara cues. Nothing hits like the older Schons.

I sold all of my Samsara cues. They look great but in the long run a Schon plays better.

I have a collection of Unique Schons with a lot of different shafts.

My advice is to try some other shafts and you will see a difference right away. You might not like them but it will make you love your Schon again.

Get it refinished or a leather wrap it will seem like s brand new cue

Just my two cents

Here are some of my favorite Schons.

3a0394e098c9546eef73abba10ad8c0c.jpg

Good luck

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a person who wants to trade me a Samsara true color cue with true shaft for my Schon cue.. The Samsara model is Flame Five. The cue is only a few months old and in good condition. I have never used a Samsara cue before but am kinda bored with my Schon. I'm looking for input from people who have used Samsara cues and if they are comparable or better than Schon cues, or if I would be trading down by getting the Samsara cue?

Only you will know which cue you like.

What i would do if i wanted my cue to hit different:

Change the tip to something i hadn't tried and then change the balance.

If the tip/balance changes wasn't enough, well, change the ferrule.

If the above don't do it:

Sell equipment and start bowling.

Jeff

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Considering you are bored with the Schon, then go ahead and trade. No other reason matters. Trade value doesn’t matter. Playability doesn’t matter. Whether I’ve used a Samsara doesn’t matter. You’re bored with your Schon (whatever that means), so get another cue.

I’d suggest to buy another cue, but since you’re bored with a Schon, collecting probably isn’t your thing.

Freddie

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hit and shafts of the Samsara are very different than Schon. I would not feel bad having either cue. In the 80s and 90s owning a Samsara was always a goal of mine, finally got one of their Bar Cues and it was a huge deal to me since I would see the Samsara logon on all the AccuStats videos. I traded the cue a month later, had a good hit but I could not play with the shaft. These days with 30 aftermarket shafts available, I probably would have kept the cue and changed the shaft.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the deal unless your Schon cue was manufactured before 1991.
If that's the case, keep it as Mr. Runde was likely involved making it.
His cue making skills are comparable with all top name cue-makers.
Samsara makes exquisite cues but if you have a Runde Schon, keep it.

scassidy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless your schon is elite or unique I doubt
your trading down. Samsara cues are great cues.
I like the regular maple shaft but that is a preference
thing. True shaft is ok.
Hit some balls with it. Look up models of both cues.
If they are comparable prices and you like the hit,
Samsara is a great cue.

My Schon is a CX02 with a leather wrap. It has been recently refinished. I don't know how old it is but was told from the person I purchased it from that he was certain it was pre 2002 but didn't know the exact year. Looks like you can buy that model new today for about $750-$775. The Samsara new sells for $900 it looks like.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Schon is a CX02 with a leather wrap. It has been recently refinished. I don't know how old it is but was told from the person I purchased it from that he was certain it was pre 2002 but didn't know the exact year. Looks like you can buy that model new today for about $750-$775. The Samsara new sells for $900 it looks like.

Both cues are nice.
Looks like an even trade.
Give it a go if you like the hit of the Samsara.

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
They are just lie women and buses. There will be another one come along every 15 minutes.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Schon will be very easy to replace if you decide that you need one back in your life.

Don't see a lot of Samsara cues, even the lower-end stuff.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member

My 8 year old Samsara "True" shaft has more deflection than I thought it would have. I bought a different shaft for it shortly after purchasing it.