Sky Woodward - Record "24" ?

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a YouTube video demonstrating the Spot Shot Challenge drill. In the video, I offer advice to those who want to give it a go. I also show my best attempt at the challenge so far with a score of 6 ... a far cry from Skyler's 24. With this kind of thing, I'm sure dedicated practice can yield much higher scores.

Here's the video:

NV J.23 – Spot Shot Challenge – Shot Making and Cue Ball Control Drill

Enjoy, and good luck,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a YouTube video demonstrating the Spot Shot Challenge drill. In the video, I offer advice to those who want to give it a go. I also show my best attempt at the challenge so far with a score of 6 ... a far cry from Skyler's 24. With this kind of thing, I'm sure dedicated practice can yield much higher scores.

Here's the video:

NV J.23 – Spot Shot Challenge – Shot Making and Cue Ball Control Drill

Enjoy, and good luck,
Dave
Does anybody know if there is a video available for Skyler’s 24? That would be fun to see.

Until I see video proof, I will assume my 6 is the current world record. :grin-square:

I look forward to seeing videos from other AZB’ers. If people post higher scores, it will motivate me to try harder also.

Let’s see some videos,
Dave

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wtf? Without hitting the foot rail, or drawing into the side rail first...or adding non-standard diamonds to the table?

This I gotta see.

Just so we are on the same page, how many diamonds does a standard table have, from foot spot to foot rail?

Lol.... its a 9' pro-am. Im sure you can figure it out...lol.

As for a vid, ill put one up as soon as i can if i don't already have some footage of the shot.

Just to make sure were on same page:

OB is on spot, i take BIH behind line, shit OB in corner and CB stops before touching "any" rail.

All it is, is a "pocket speed" spot shot. Im talking speed where the OB almost dont fall.

If you just have to see it, ill make darn sure to do it just for m-man BB.

Laters baby.....

BTW.......Yur-momma wears concrete combat boots.

Lol....

nibrobus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol.... its a 9' pro-am. Im sure you can figure it out...lol.

As for a vid, ill put one up as soon as i can if i don't already have some footage of the shot.

Just to make sure were on same page:

OB is on spot, i take BIH behind line, shit OB in corner and CB stops before touching "any" rail.

All it is, is a "pocket speed" spot shot. Im talking speed where the OB almost dont fall.

If you just have to see it, ill make darn sure to do it just for m-man BB.

Laters baby.....

BTW.......Yur-momma wears concrete combat boots.

Lol....

I hardly ever post here, but about a year ago or so I asked if anyone had seen Efren shoot the shot you just described. I've heard differing reports on how he hit it; some people saying he lagged the ball in and some people said he hit it with an elevated cue, firm stroke and half masse'd it in. I've made the shot myself on a crappy 7' Valley that had horrendous cloth on it, I'm curious to see your method. Cheers and good shooting!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hardly ever post here, but about a year ago or so I asked if anyone had seen Efren shoot the shot you just described. I've heard differing reports on how he hit it; some people saying he lagged the ball in and some people said he hit it with an elevated cue, firm stroke and half masse'd it in. I've made the shot myself on a crappy 7' Valley that had horrendous cloth on it, I'm curious to see your method. Cheers and good shooting!

Ive did the masse method but, let just say: it took FOREVER before i did it. If memory serves, it was a couple hours if non-stop shoot and spot the ball...not worth it to me unless i had someone to chase CB and OB around the table, not to mention, when balls go off the table.

The only way i can do it withiut it killing me is "slow roll" the CB and shoot it till make OB and hut no rail....

Very touchy shot and a must to know the table..

Ill post a vid but i have to wait until i get a bit more free time from doctor visits etc...etc from wife's surgery.

Jeff

freds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"not hitting the foot rail" (heck, I can do that, sometimes twice in a row) is a far cry from "stopping 1.5 diamonds from the foot rail", which I think was what was claimed. That is the "gotta see it to believe it" dept.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"not hitting the foot rail" (heck, I can do that, sometimes twice in a row) is a far cry from "stopping 1.5 diamonds from the foot rail", which I think was what was claimed. That is the "gotta see it to believe it" dept.

Ahhh!

Now i understand the "i got to see" part.

Mistyped the 1.5 diamond in wrong way.

I put the CB inside 1.5 diamonds from end rail.....not after contact with OB.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Having said that, i have stopped the "CB" after contacting OB "around" 14 inches from end rail.

Again, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

So, now you can see why I originally said the shot is not that hard "if" you practice it enough?

Believe it or not, ive actually had people to bet that i couldn't do it with 12 tries on my own table.

If i practice it for 30 minutes or so i can (memory here..lol) make it probably 1 out of 3 tries. Again, after running the drill for a bit.

Jeff

BTW, are you doing it on a 9' pro am with 4.5" pockets or what?

Bigger table + tighter pockets + deeper shelf = much harder.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn BB, you butt.

Lol....i should've known better than open my mouth even though i know i can do it.

Now.......:

I gotta take time and do something else....

Yur momma

freds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good point, gotta cheat to the footrail side of the pocket, I can see bigger is easier.
I don't get to play on Diamonds, have only tried it on big pockets (anniversary, other antique Brunswick, a gandy.)
But anyway, 14" from the footrail? That's more than a diamond, ain't it? still in the "I'd like to see it!" category. I remain a skeptic. :)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good point, gotta cheat to the footrail side of the pocket, I can see bigger is easier.
I don't get to play on Diamonds, have only tried it on big pockets (anniversary, other antique Brunswick, a gandy.)
But anyway, 14" from the footrail? That's more than a diamond, ain't it? still in the "I'd like to see it!" category. I remain a skeptic. :)

Alright Sir. I understand. Ill try to remember your ID on here so i can PM you...

Well, i could just start a thread with "pocket speed spot shot" as the title.

As i said before, it may (most likely) be a bit but, i will post up. I have to, otherwise BB won't let it go.

Yeah, he's an a55 like that. I try to put him on ignore but, for some reason...lol... i just cant do it.

I believe certain types of people (BB) are """""""needed"""""""" to balance things out.

Hey, BB, did you notice the quotation marks?

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, after all the talk when i got home i shot a few (about 10 minutes).

I was able to make the shot several times and not touch a rail but, the best i did in that short time was, the contact point of CB at 11 inches from end rail.

Maybe I can do better with more practice (we'll see) cause im sure i remember stopping 14 inches from end rail.

I dunno, i wonder if the cloth being older makes a difference? It's still in vod shape and clean but its had some hours put on it for sure. Actually, over 3200 hours in last 18 months....thats a lot of time at table for me.

Until my wife got hurt, I spent several hours a day running drills and playing 14.1. These days, i do good to get 30 minutes of just hitting balls while im tired as heck.

Oh well, like I said, ill put a little time into it and see and post it up regardless of hiw bad I do.

Later,

Jeff

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... the contact point of CB at 11 inches from end rail.
I have no idea what you mean by this phrase or even which of the two end rails you are referring to. The two end rails have their own names.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no idea what you mean by this phrase or even which of the two end rails you are referring to. The two end rails have their own names.

After shooting the spot shot (BIH at head string) the CB came to rest (contact point of CB) 11" from foot rail.

Im sure most others here that have 9' pro ams have/can do the same or better, surely.

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've seen efren shoot it for money. He masse'ed into it. I've seen corey do the same. Never seen it slow rolled

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahhh!

Now i understand the "i got to see" part.

Mistyped the 1.5 diamond in wrong way.

I put the CB inside 1.5 diamonds from end rail.....not after contact with OB.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Having said that, i have stopped the "CB" after contacting OB "around" 14 inches from end rail.

Again, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

So, now you can see why I originally said the shot is not that hard "if" you practice it enough?

Believe it or not, ive actually had people to bet that i couldn't do it with 12 tries on my own table.

If i practice it for 30 minutes or so i can (memory here..lol) make it probably 1 out of 3 tries. Again, after running the drill for a bit.

Jeff

BTW, are you doing it on a 9' pro am with 4.5" pockets or what?

Bigger table + tighter pockets + deeper shelf = much harder.

I do not have a clue what this shot is....