How much is table time in your area?

(Approximately) How much does it cost per hour to play pool in your area?

• under $8/hr

Votes: 70 65.4%
  • $8-10/hr

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • $8-10/hr for up to 2ppl, extra for more

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • $10-13/hr

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • $10-13/hr for up to 2ppl, extra for more

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • $13-15/hr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $13-15/hr for up to 2ppl, extra for more

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • $15-20/hr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $15-20/hr for up to 2ppl, extra for more

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • $20+ per hour

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

sammspocket

Samm D. Vidal
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please help!

I'm trying to get an idea ON AVERAGE of how much table time costs across the country. Please vote based on the average per-hour rate based on the pool halls in your area.

Thanks,

Last edited:

kyo1128

Risa Yoshiki is HOT also
Silver Member
It's $5 for single and $10 for two or more in NE Atl.
I wasn't sure how to vote, so I voted for single player rate.

sammspocket

Samm D. Vidal
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's $5 for single and $10 for two or more in NE Atl.
I wasn't sure how to vote, so I voted for single player rate.

Good point. Sorry, I should've clarified.

"Under $8/hr" is for more than one player.

Thanks!

Measle Ball

King of the .99-ball run.
Silver Member
The pool hall about 100 miles from me charges $2.50/hour/person from 1200 to 1800 (6 PM) and $5.00/hour/person from 1800 to closing.

Well worth the drive as the folks who run it are truly first-class and the tables play true and tight IMO.

OT but I love 24-hour time.

barber23

Chad The Bad
Silver Member
The place I play at has 2 Diamond pro-ams and they charge $4.00 per hr flat no limit on players. Aberdeen Sd

Chad

KSwiss10

Registered
The pool hall here in Bel Air MD is 3.50 per person per hour before 6pm and 4.50 per person per hour after 6pm. But if you play on an APA team out of their you play for free. Except Friday and Saturday between 8 and 11pm which is understandable.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member
the one place close to me in phoenix with diamonds is 3 bucks an hour per person. the place i normally go is 6 bucks for all day ( 10 am to 7 pm) and 10 bucks from 7 til close. 15 for friday and saturday nights. not too shabby i think.

christyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My husband and I just went on a 3 day pool trip and spent close to 400 dollars in pool time...talk about brutal!! Pool time was $5/hour, doesn't sound too bad until you play 80 hours of pool!..haha. Could've really used a daily special:smile:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
My husband and I just went on a 3 day pool trip and spent close to 400 dollars in pool time...talk about brutal!! Pool time was $5/hour, doesn't sound too bad until you play 80 hours of pool!..haha. Could've really used a daily special:smile:

Something like $3 until 5:00 pm.:thumbup:

christyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something like $3 until 5:00 pm.:thumbup:

Yeah...exactly!:smile:
The one place we were, they had daily specials on the 8 footers, and 9 foot gold crowns. Think the special was $10/day which was a definite bargain.
Of course we have to play on the Diamonds...no special on those
Pretty sad when you win 970 but only come home with 120 profit...especially staying at Travelodge and eating Popeye's chicken everyday!..haha
Just like old times:smile:

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
For pool, the place I usually go to charges 700yen per hour for men and 600 for women. But, they also have membership one time membership fee, like 5 or 10 bucks. If you take the membership then it's men 600 per hour and women 500. In US dollars, to keep it simple, just put a period in there ($6.00) etc...

For 3-cushion the yearly membership is like 30 bucks and the hourly fee is like 8 or 9 bucks per hour.

There's another place that I go to for pool that charges 3.00 per hour. It's not really a pool hall though. A friend of mine has a car shop and he put 4 tables upstairs and lets us come in to play. Funny thing is that we write down our own start time, finish time, drinks we bought etc... and if he isn't there when you finish you just add everything up yourself, pay and make your own change. It really is the honor system. He has a money box sitting open. It would be so easy to rip him off. I'd kick anyone's ass that did though if I caught them.
MULLY

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Here I pay anywhere from $4-5 an hour per person, but I also play for free on Saturdays from 11am-5pm and play Sundays for $5 total from noon till 6pm.

A very nice place I used to play at started out charging $10 an hour. By the time I went to check it out a few months after it opened I think they were charging me $2 an hour, but it was too late as they ran off a lot of business with prices and terrible customer relations. A few months later they were closed up.

Another place I play at charges a $15 a month membership fee (for those who want it) to play every day they are open from open till close for $8. That's a great deal.....now if I could only not work 60 hours a week from 630pm-630am so I could actually go there.

Last edited:

doublej487

valleys are 2 tight
Silver Member
the closest room to me has a 4.00 an hour rate but nothing is in good shape, hardly any pool players that go there, and there arent any tournaments worth playing in

JamesV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Red Shoes, not the closest place, but from 11-6 it's only $10 every day of the week. The local place is $7 hr with no specials, so the 30-40 min ride is well worth it.

James

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is hard to answer as most pool rooms have daytime specials that are cheap as hell. Florida has many places with a $5 play all day special. In New York the same thing is usually $8-$10.(outside of NYC)

Anyway i voted using the non special rates.

Shaft

Hooked and Improving
Silver Member
I did not vote in the poll. Many rooms, especially the ones open long hours, offer different rates throughout the day.

Our local Fox and Hound is FREE between 11am and 2pm to attract a lunch crowd, but $10/hour/table at other times.

Other than that, the cheapest I have seen off-peak price is as low as $1.25/person/hour, plus other revenue from beer and drinks. I don't see how they are covering costs at that rate.