Trying to find the maker of this cue...

Lance Link

Banned
I've had this gem for a while, and have finally decided to get serious about finding out who built it. I've looked all over the internet and still cannot figure out who made this cue.
Uniloc joint, 13mm, "Bushka" style rings. I can't tell what type of wood(s) are used in this cue, and my best guess on the "white" parts is synthetic ivory. I'm a wood-to-wood guy, but this cue hits pretty solid.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

• 101_1663.jpg
    101_1663.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 409
  • 101_1660.jpg
    101_1660.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 408
  • 101_1659.jpg
    101_1659.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 101_1654.jpg
    101_1654.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 412
  • 101_1661.jpg
    101_1661.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 403

Lance Link

Banned
I'll have to keep looking...

Thanks for your suggestions. I emailed Woody Woodworth a few pics and asked if this might be his. He stated that it was not, and that there were a few people out there trying to mimic his "W". He noted that his "W"'s have wings on them.
I wish I could post better pictures with close ups of the inlays. I've gone over this cue very carefully, and there's not a doubt in my mind that these are inlays. A couple of players in my league looked it over pretty close as well, and they are of the same opinion. One even mentioned that uniloc and radial joints have to be very precise when they are installed, and the uniloc pin on this cue lines up perfectly with the shaft.
It's a shame, because the person who made this has done some nice cue work to be very proud of...

Lance Link

Banned
Don't know how much this might be helpful...

The person I purchased this cue from online listed it as a "Wolf" cue, but I've looked and can't find a cuemaker with that name. I don't know if 'Wolf' could be someone's apprentice or not. Any help identifying this cue would be tremendous...

Last edited: