626 Status

sneakynito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if this has been said already, tried digging thru 30 pages of posts on first thread but it was killing me.

Was the video verified by the powers that be? (I forgot who they were sending it to to be reviewed? Guinness?)

What's the plan for making the recording available to view?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Sorry if this has been said already, tried digging thru 30 pages of posts on first thread but it was killing me.

Was the video verified by the powers that be? (I forgot who they were sending it to to be reviewed? Guinness?)

What's the plan for making the recording available to view?

we are all asking the same questions mate

i asked on his page last night, no reply lol

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
they are asking as many as they can to get johns youtube up to 1000 subs
hes around 950 after i subscribed yesterday

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I think they were trying to get to over 1k so they could run ads and John could make money showing the video. These attempts cost him a lot of time and money so he is trying to recoupe some.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they were trying to get to over 1k so they could run ads and John could make money showing the video. These attempts cost him a lot of time and money so he is trying to recoupe some.

A lot of time and money? Outside of the Arizona attempts, he was doing it in his home room. What other expenses went into it besides a round trip ticket to Arizona from California?

As far as the video being released, I'd imagine is taking so long because he's dubbing in an audio track of self analysis.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member

He needs more than 1000 subscribers to monetize. He also needs 4000 watch hours as well which I doubt he has with only 4 videos posted. If he wants to monetize, I would start uploading content now to get his watch time up. Runs, practice videos, instructional content, matches, anything.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A lot of time and money? Outside of the Arizona attempts, he was doing it in his home room. What other expenses went into it besides a round trip ticket to Arizona from California? ...

I think John lives in Hesperia, CA. The room in which he ran the 626, which is also the room that sponsors him, is in Monterey, CA. Those towns are about 360 miles apart, not exactly commuting distance for his daily high-run attempts.

John and his racker were staying in a rented condo not far from Monterey.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still find it amazing- mind bending to say the least, that no major billiard mfgs. or dealers were lined up ahead of this attempt, when successful, which it is now, to capitalize on it IMMEDIATELY with scheduled exhibitions, appearances, etc. ,etc. Is billiard marketing in the U.S now relegated to a guy in his home trying to sell viewing rights to one video for an event that broke a WORLD RECORD that stood for over 50 years? This does NOTHING for billiards, straight pool, or the advancement of the sport. SAD, very sad!

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still find it amazing- mind bending to say the least, that no major billiard mfgs. or dealers were lined up ahead of this attempt, when successful, which it is now, to capitalize on it IMMEDIATELY with scheduled exhibitions, appearances, etc. ,etc. Is billiard marketing in the U.S now relegated to a guy in his home trying to sell viewing rights to one video for an event that broke a WORLD RECORD that stood for over 50 years? This does NOTHING for billiards, straight pool, or the advancement of the sport. SAD, very sad!

Almost every non player I know or have met thinks Minnesota Fats was the best player ever.

And when I tell them prime to prime that i could beat him i get the deer in the head lights look.

Thats where pool is except for a very small percentage of the population.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100% agreed.

That said, I would not be overly surprised to find the video's owner/s have rejected offer/s to purchase the vid and rights to it.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost every non player I know or have met thinks Minnesota Fats was the best player ever.

And when I tell them prime to prime that i could beat him i get the deer in the head lights look.

That's sounds about right. Did you know he's was so good they made a movie about him?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Your first statement ,sadly is true.

Your second statement is a equally popular misconception.

Your 3rd statement is reality.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
What You Saying? The Fat Man Had Real Skills???:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ya!

He gave Chohan 10-7 and robbed him.

Gave Efren 10-9...and robbed him...killed him with his pool stick.

Ronato Allen...fats played him one handed 9-7 and took all his timber

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of time and money? Outside of the Arizona attempts, he was doing it in his home room. What other expenses went into it besides a round trip ticket to Arizona from California?

As far as the video being released, I'd imagine is taking so long because he's dubbing in an audio track of self analysis.

huh?..........