AZBilliards DCC One Pocket Tournament Update

bomber

Jeopardy Is My Road Game
Silver Member
I have some updates about the DCC Azbilliards.com Members One Pocket Tournament at Oliver's Billiards in Louisville Kentucky.

I have talked to the general manager and business there is not going so well. There are rumors that the room may be closing. He says that business is extremely slow since the passage of the smoking ban. However, if the room is still open, we will have a place to host our tournament.

My friend, the GM, told me that I could have 8 tables for our tournament for nothing or next to nothing. So, as of right now, the tournament is still on with a great venue to host it.

I had 14 members interested in the tournament and would love to hear from you guys that showed interest or if anyone else is interested.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
bomber said:
I have some updates about the DCC Azbilliards.com Members One Pocket Tournament at Oliver's Billiards in Louisville Kentucky.

I have talked to the general manager and business there is not going so well. There are rumors that the room may be closing. He says that business is extremely slow since the passage of the smoking ban. However, if the room is still open, we will have a place to host our tournament.

My friend, the GM, told me that I could have 8 tables for our tournament for nothing or next to nothing. So, as of right now, the tournament is still on with a great venue to host it.

I had 14 members interested in the tournament and would love to hear from you guys that showed interest or if anyone else is interested.

Aaron,

Have you given any more thought to doing it in the AZ room at DCC? That might be easier on everyone. And it seems appropriate as well, since it is an event for AZ members. They will have two tables in the room. And it might be fun for all the AZ members to sweat it. I'm betting on Joey, you know. :)

bomber

Jeopardy Is My Road Game
Silver Member
Jay,

I dont mind doing it in the DCC room...it will just take a million years with only two tables! LOL

Aaron

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
bomber said:
Jay,

I dont mind doing it in the DCC room...it will just take a million years with only two tables! LOL

Aaron

Single elimination, Race to Two. Race to Three in the Semis and Finals. It'll work! It doesn't have to be all in one day either.

One twist that they added at Hard Times to speed up long games. When there are five balls inside the head string, the ball closest to the line is respotted. I like this rule. It speeds up those painfully lonnnng games. I think Grady thought of this one. Good one Professor!

Last edited:

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I Haven't Played In So Long, That I Can Barely Even Spell Roule

jay helfert said:
Single elimination, Race to Two. Race to Three in the Semis and Finals. It'll work! It doesn't have to be all in one day either.

One twist that they added at Hard Times to speed up long games. When there are five balls inside the head string, the ball closest to the line is respotted. I like this rule. It speeds up those painfully lonnnng games. I think Grady thought of this one. Good one Professor!

I thought Grady's rule was all five spot up..
Doug
( and something about if they were past the side pockect )

Where's Grady when you need him ? I'll have to read his BLOG... :)

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
bomber said:
Jay,

Aaron

Bomber & Jay,
I'm not sure it is feasible to hold this event in the AZB room. We have always tried to encourage as much play as possible by both donating members and professionals. We have always limited the duration of sets (see list of approved sets in previous DCC posts) so that turnover on the tables will be reasonable; and so that all donating members have a chance to play.

If you have concrete plans (ie. number of players, format, time of matches, & assurance that all players will be AZB room donating members) then please submit your request to the room organizers (Steve Lomako or me).
If there are a fair number of players, then I am doubtful it will be possible (unless done in AZB room format; where players sign up on the board, and play their match when their names come up - race to 2 is all we have allowed in past one-pocket sets). In past years there have definitely been slow periods in the room; so I suppose it is possible. Anyway, good luck with the event & let me know if you are interested in holding the event in the AZB room.

Another thought for you is to check with Greg Sullivan. He may be interested in letting you have a block of tables in the tournament room when play stops around 11 PM.