Cyclop Hyperion Pool Balls

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This set would be great to grab attention at your pool hall from by-standers but I think it would really bug me aiming at those balls as well as looking at the various shapes and thick coating on the cueball.

Seems like it was not a bad idea, but done too much like the novelty glow in the dark and other "fun" sets. Even though the original Cyclop sets had funky colors that are confusing to players, they were better than these ones.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I like them, but those measles on whitey bother the hell out of me, Granted I have not shot with one yet but for me seems to have to much sense of depth... Distracting possibly. I think I will stick with my Aramith super pro tv set for now.

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one thing I do like regarding the hyperion cue ball is the color. The Aramith pro cup measel ball we have (2 of them, one is brand new) comes in a really dingy color of white'ish tan/brown. The Hyperion comes in a bright white.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW from the siampooltable web site, emphasis is mine:

#####
Cyclop Hyperion

Cyclop Hyperion are the latest addition to the Cyclop Pool Balls range of products.

To buy a set, please click here: Cyclop Hyperion

With these balls Cyclop have made 3 key changes.

Firstly and most obviously there are now 20 balls per set, rather than 16. There's an extra cue ball which is handy for bars and pool clubs to keep in reserve for match play, and there are three dragon balls for the money balls 8, 9 and 10.

Secondly there is a new forumla for the cue ball that plays slightly faster than the current cue ball.

Thirdly they have changed the style slightly to include a black hexagonal circle around the numbers on the balls.

The formula of the object balls remains the same as with the Zeus balls.

Zeus will still be available but Hyperion is will become the new ball that Cyclop be using from now on.
#####

Lou Figueroa

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Secondly there is a new forumla for the cue ball that plays slightly faster than the current cue ball.

I read that as well when I was researching the set. Now that I've played with them, I've actually found the opposite to be true. Their Tournament Cue Ball runs longer (IMO). The Hyperion Ball plays very, very similar to the Aramith Measle Ball.

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read that as well when I was researching the set. Now that I've played with them, I've actually found the opposite to be true. Their Tournament Ball Cue Ball runs longer (IMO). The Hyperion Ball plays very, very similar to the Aramith Measle Ball.

have u rolled them on your little rampy thing?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since I really can't offer any complimentary remarks about the appearance,
I trust this set plays better than you expected and you enjoy playing with it. .

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haxagonal!??!

I think not.
I think, not.

Definitely not a new concept.

31900249868_3646ec3693_o.jpg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure what the purpose is for the three giant number balls (eight, nine and ten) and the cue ball with dots and squares is a little confusing as well. I hope they play better than they look. There's probably a dozen people on here who could create a more aesthetic design for pool balls that is pleasing to the eye.