Been a long time....

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member
Lurking from the outside in, I want to give my thanks right off the bat. Before I do so, I was an active poster from 2006 - 10 and afterward it wained down a bit. I would miss the times Tanner Pruess would gamble hard on this page and win. I remember the pros coming in and it would not be as intense with the woofing as it is now. I remember when the CTE was just about to be the pinacle of talk. I rememberd how good it was a decade ago. Now, it just seems there are just... “fans” (or basically just bored people) who just want to blow their cork on others for the sake of it. When I first came here, it was for a learning experience, not for a piss match, from the billiard pros or highly involved and enthusiastic. I was there when the Carom Billiard section became as it is when they took off Deno Andrews name in it (greatest choice, ever). Well, without further ado, I want to give my thanks to these few people:

-JAM: you have been a vocal female and a real renaissance woman in these forums. I appreciate when you post, because you have such a history with this sport/game.

-Dr. Dave and Bob Jewett - Both of you have delve into the mathematics and physics concept of billiards. Both of you have no idea how much gold you guys even put for billiards that it baffles me that many others would not be able to seek for your knowledge. To many people, it is a simple shoot the ball with a stick into another ball. To me, it is beyond that. Thank you!

- Jay Helfert - You, alongside Jerry Forsythe, DD and Billy Incardona, are the voice of billiards... period! Alongside this, “Toupee Jay, you offer stories from the past and coorespond from the Phillippines on the strong players over there that makes me believe that I was there! Your knowledge is second to none when it comes to how amazing it is.

- Mr. “Texas Carom Club” Richard - Dude, we met for the first time last weekend, after you searching me out on YouTube and realizing what I had been advocating for in the likes of the small carom games. You researched my history and I told you what was up. Still, you got to see the rusty carom billiard player that I am and I can only wish to devote enough time to be better. Still, thank you trully for the carom cue I bought from you. I beam with pride on it every chance I get.

- To the many people I forgot that I used to know and read from in 2006 - 2010 : I miss you guys and I hope to find time to be on the forums often.

- To the rest of you all who disrespect (troll) the ones who offer knowledge, advice and to crap on it: Thank you guys for being involved in billiards, for what its worth. Your woofing should really give motivation for those who want to do good for billiards as well as be a great practice in resiliency.

As this new years begin, let’s focus on the real goal here: To make every form of billiards from around the world to be in the Olympics.... to be a respected sport.... to be well respected in every establishment around the USA and the world.

May you all have a VERY blessed 2019!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lurking from the outside in, I want to give my thanks right off the bat. Before I do so, I was an active poster from 2006 - 10 and afterward it wained down a bit. I would miss the times Tanner Pruess would gamble hard on this page and win. I remember the pros coming in and it would not be as intense with the woofing as it is now. I remember when the CTE was just about to be the pinacle of talk. I rememberd how good it was a decade ago. Now, it just seems there are just... “fans” (or basically just bored people) who just want to blow their cork on others for the sake of it. When I first came here, it was for a learning experience, not for a piss match, from the billiard pros or highly involved and enthusiastic. I was there when the Carom Billiard section became as it is when they took off Deno Andrews name in it (greatest choice, ever). Well, without further ado, I want to give my thanks to these few people:

-JAM: you have been a vocal female and a real renaissance woman in these forums. I appreciate when you post, because you have such a history with this sport/game.

-Dr. Dave and Bob Jewett - Both of you have delve into the mathematics and physics concept of billiards. Both of you have no idea how much gold you guys even put for billiards that it baffles me that many others would not be able to seek for your knowledge. To many people, it is a simple shoot the ball with a stick into another ball. To me, it is beyond that. Thank you!

- Jay Helfert - You, alongside Jerry Forsythe, DD and Billy Incardona, are the voice of billiards... period! Alongside this, “Toupee Jay, you offer stories from the past and coorespond from the Phillippines on the strong players over there that makes me believe that I was there! Your knowledge is second to none when it comes to how amazing it is.

- Mr. “Texas Carom Club” Richard - Dude, we met for the first time last weekend, after you searching me out on YouTube and realizing what I had been advocating for in the likes of the small carom games. You researched my history and I told you what was up. Still, you got to see the rusty carom billiard player that I am and I can only wish to devote enough time to be better. Still, thank you trully for the carom cue I bought from you. I beam with pride on it every chance I get.

- To the many people I forgot that I used to know and read from in 2006 - 2010 : I miss you guys and I hope to find time to be on the forums often.

- To the rest of you all who disrespect (troll) the ones who offer knowledge, advice and to crap on it: Thank you guys for being involved in billiards, for what its worth. Your woofing should really give motivation for those who want to do good for billiards as well as be a great practice in resiliency.

As this new years begin, let’s focus on the real goal here: To make every form of billiards from around the world to be in the Olympics.... to be a respected sport.... to be well respected in every establishment around the USA and the world.

May you all have a VERY blessed 2019!

Happy New Year, SlickRick_PCS! And thank you for those very kind words about me and the other AzB-ers.

Hope to see you posting more often. I agree about the Olympics. It sure will be nice when that happens. I hope I am alive to see it.

I think snooker will get in, but our kind of pool, I don't know. Maybe.

Hope you enjoy January 1st holiday. I'm starting a new health plan today, like most people do when they make their New Year's resolutions. I just want to walk more and eat healthy.

And as far as pool, I'm looking forward to Barry Hearn and Matchroom Multi Sport's contrubtions. 2019 looks promising! :)

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very good post Slick! You hit all the nails directly on the head!

I dont know you but you sound to be a valuable asset to pool as well.......

I look forward to reading your post.

Have a wonderful New Year,

Rake