T8 led bulb help

homey123

Registered
There is actually a big industry debate regarding CRI. The manufacturers test CRI by comparing reflected light off a series of 8 pastel colored chips (no reds) at a reference color temp. They then test the reflected light for color deviation and weigh the average. I don't have my work computer in front of me but have slides showing two different images with an 80 CRI and they look completely different. LED by nature does not replicate Reds well. Some manufacturers publish a R9 or Red value. A value of 40 plus is Excellent.

Color temp is an individual preference. I haven't played in a tournament in decades and would rely on others to see if there is a color temp standard. 2700K is similar to the incandescent you have in your home. Most business have a 4000K fluorescent. Some hospitals and schools like warmer fluorescent in classrooms and patient rooms which are 3500K. 5000K is newer but many like it. I am so used to 4000K I would start with that but see if you can find a home store with a liberal return policy. I would stick to the big name brands as they have been testing for decades such as GE, Phillips and Sylvania if you can. Cree is a good company and makes LED chips but have had some product recalls on their LED tubes so may be carefull there.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Good information.:thumbup:
Thank you.

There is actually a big industry debate regarding CRI. The manufacturers test CRI by comparing reflected light off a series of 8 pastel colored chips (no reds) at a reference color temp. They then test the reflected light for color deviation and weigh the average. I don't have my work computer in front of me but have slides showing two different images with an 80 CRI and they look completely different. LED by nature does not replicate Reds well. Some manufacturers publish a R9 or Red value. A value of 40 plus is Excellent.

Color temp is an individual preference. I haven't played in a tournament in decades and would rely on others to see if there is a color temp standard. 2700K is similar to the incandescent you have in your home. Most business have a 4000K fluorescent. Some hospitals and schools like warmer fluorescent in classrooms and patient rooms which are 3500K. 5000K is newer but many like it. I am so used to 4000K I would start with that but see if you can find a home store with a liberal return policy. I would stick to the big name brands as they have been testing for decades such as GE, Phillips and Sylvania if you can. Cree is a good company and makes LED chips but have had some product recalls on their LED tubes so may be carefull there.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, the next time I have you over to play, you can wear a headlamp to eliminate those.
I tried the headlamp and that did not seem to work so I installed two, 2x4 ft, 6000 Lumens LED panel lights. I paid $160 for the 2 lights from Amazon.

I love the light.

1BC0145E-B754-4596-82D6-81A115EAF4EF.jpeg

BC437492-C1C8-4CF5-A249-3DFFEC7D0EE0.jpeg