CJ Wiley vs Dennis Orcollo

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the comments CJ said it will be livestreamed through SULLYVISION TV, does anyone know what that is? Do they have a FB page or website?

Attachments

• CJvsOrcollo.jpg
    CJvsOrcollo.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 2,264

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the comments CJ said it will be livestreamed through SULLYVISION TV, does anyone know what that is? Do they have a FB page or website?

Can anyone refresh my memory, I thought CJ has retired years ago, how in the world he is gonna play Dennis for 5K, 10-ball, maybe sponsored money?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ gets my respect for stepping into the box.
Going to have to tune in for sure.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will be a great exhibition and good for pool in USA. Bravo to those behind the scenes to make this happen.

Wishing CJ and Dennis a successful event! :)

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even with the spot i am afraid CJ will be slaughtered mercilessly. That is if the real money are on the line. If thats not the case then anything can happen :)
As far as i can tell this is a real gambling match with 5k per side bet.

Last edited:

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
CJ is a pro and get the 7? Are US pro way below the level of Asian pros? If a pro is getting that handicap then he should not be called a pro but semi or top level amatuer.

Last edited:

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as i can tell this is a real gambling match with 5k per side bet.

Then i cant see a way CJ can win this. If DO brings at least his B-game then that spot is not relevant at all. If I was CJ i would ask for the games on the wire and alternate break so i could put a handbrake on that monster firepower DO has;)

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
CJ is a pro and get the 7? Are US pro way below the level of Asian pros? If a pro is getting that handicap then he should not be called a pro but semi or top level amatuer.

CJ is a more of a long retired pro who still occasionally competes when the mood strikes him. As for whether the US pros are that far below the Asian pros the answer is many are and some aren't depending on exactly which US and Asian pros you are talking about, but on the whole the US is quite a bit behind on average if comparing to Taiwan, Philippines, and China (and also a good bit behind Europe too for that matter).

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ is a more of a long retired pro who still occasionally competes when the mood strikes him. As for whether the US pros are that far below the Asian pros the answer is many are and some aren't depending on exactly which US and Asian pros you are talking about, but on the whole the US is quite a bit behind on average if comparing to Taiwan, Philippines, and China (and also a good bit behind Europe too for that matter).

Exactly. CJ has Fargorate of 712 while DO has Fargorate of 815. In race to 13 the predicted score is 13:8 in DO`s favor and odds of CJ actually winning such a race are 3,7%. And of course anything longer makes those odds even more ridiculous. Also CJ getting the 7 is basically of very little importance as the vast majority of the games are decided right after the break (runout/safety battle after the break followed by runout) at the level DO plays. CJ is definitely HUGE underdog in this fight and if he is able to keep it competitive then I would be first to say "Wow great work CJ!":wink:

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reason why?

I think the U.S. will always be behind most countries when it comes to pool. The main reason is most folks in the U.S.are out making a living and making a lot more money year after year, building a retirement and having an insurance plan.

Thousands of U.S. citizens make serious bucks in all the major league sports and golf and even darts and bass fishing.

We are a rich country and most of us prosper because we have a plan. Most of us would rather do tat then trying to make a living playing pool.

The Philippine's has never really got a thriving economy going on their own. Not sure why that is, lots of smart folks there, go figure.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB spotted Corey Deuel the 5 and 6 playing 10 ball in a gambling match and Corey lost bad.

The very elite guys run out at such a very high % every time they get a shot ball spots mean almost nothing.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the U.S. will always be behind most countries when it comes to pool. The main reason is most folks in the U.S.are out making a living and making a lot more money year after year, building a retirement and having an insurance plan.

Thousands of U.S. citizens make serious bucks in all the major league sports and golf and even darts and bass fishing.

We are a rich country and most of us prosper because we have a plan. Most of us would rather do tat then trying to make a living playing pool.

The Philippine's has never really got a thriving economy going on their own. Not sure why that is, lots of smart folks there, go figure.

One thing has slowed development of the Philippine economy over and over again. CORRUPTION! If you think it's bad here, you haven't seen anything compared to what happens on a regular basis over there. Money is allocated for major infrastructure projects and it all disappears into the hands of politicians and nothing ever gets built or completed. Big businesses try to set up factories over there and get tired of paying bribes to every one who is in the way of approving the project. Large bribes are the norm to get anything done.

It's a shame really. Large expanses of land are available to build on, millions of people are ready and willing to go to work in factories for low salaries and it's ideally located to all the Pacific Rim countries. President Duterte is trying to do something about this and has had some limited success so far, but he can only do so much when a small group of ultra wealthy (less than 500 people/families) control the economy of the entire country.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Then you dont understand how goodly the top pros play, compared to the also-rans.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No matter what tournament or a group of kids playing in a yard only 3 out of 128 are supposed to win.

Handicapping is what allows everyone to play. There needs to be much more action.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. Its a lot like when a scratch golfer says he has a chance against a touring pro. Wrong. Not gonna happen. The elite in their given games/sports play at a level WAY above what you may think.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. CJ has Fargorate of 712 while DO has Fargorate of 815. In race to 13 the predicted score is 13:8 in DO`s favor and odds of CJ actually winning such a race are 3,7%. And of course anything longer makes those odds even more ridiculous. Also CJ getting the 7 is basically of very little importance as the vast majority of the games are decided right after the break (runout/safety battle after the break followed by runout) at the level DO plays. CJ is definitely HUGE underdog in this fight and if he is able to keep it competitive then I would be first to say "Wow great work CJ!":wink:
Just curious if Fargo ratings for any given match, when figuring the odds between two players, gives any consideration for one of the players playing in their "home pool room" and playing on their "regular table". Just like any sporting event in which a spread is given, seems like the home field advantage ought to be worth something as far as an adjustment in the spread as opposed to if the match is playing on neutral turf? A pool matchup should be no different.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If you guys think CJ is helpless I dont know what to tell you.

Saw him play a week or so ago(on a BB) and he was running out like he never quit playing.

CJ was a stone cold killer back in the day especially gambling. I dont think he's gonna put himself in a game he CAN'T win.

Jason