Billiards and PEDs

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I just did a search on Mario He on the AZ forum, main results show a discussion about blood pressure medicine.

Which are the best drugs to use to enhance Billiard performance?

I know this isn't bodybuilding so I don't think its T. Some of the best action stars use steroids but their pay is in the millions, so I think its worth it.

But in the case of a billiard player, would taking Ritalin or blood pressure medication or other neuro-enhancer be worth it? Players competing on an amateur or near open status might gain some benefits to it. Its common to have a beer or smoke something but I mean taking it to the level of "real pro sports" with "real doctors" to help manage performance and recovery with "real solutions (pharmacological grade)."

Everyone knows Earl Strickland famous for outbursts, if he took PEDs would he be Super Strickland with even more titles? Does he take it, but due to other circumstances no one knows? Like the era of Lance Armstrong pre-admission of guilt.

I don't think Earl takes drugs, but I only mention him because recognizing his name with certain behavior is easy to do. Earl needs some relaxers, or maybe he is just hopped all the time. Some people just are strung out easily.

Last edited:

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Dr Dave Needed

Request: Dr Dave

Can you do a video taking different drugs and see which has the best effect on billiard performance?

Colorado has legal marijuana, amphetamines (mentioned in TCOM), some modern drugs like Ritalin, and the blood pressure med Mario He was caught with, oxycontin and some euphoric drugs like ecstasy.

If amateur tournament player use drugs, the billiard industry research division DrDave should recommend the safest way to go about it and the length of cycle duration before serious damage is permanently done.

Are there drugs to increase focus and limit visual field? For pool I just need an field of vision 10 feet in front of me at most, anything else is not needed. I dont need to see people moving across benches or adjusting their seat during a match.

Even better would be a drug that causes reduces anxiety.

Anyone else can think of drugs or substances people use to "up" their pool game?

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Can you do a video taking different drugs and see which has the best effect on billiard performance?

Colorado has legal marijuana, amphetamines (mentioned in TCOM), some modern drugs like Ritalin, and the blood pressure med Mario He was caught with, oxycontin and some euphoric drugs like ecstasy.

If amateur tournament player use drugs, the billiard industry research division DrDave should recommend the safest way to go about it and the length of cycle duration before serious damage is permanently done.

Anyone else can think of drugs or substances people use to "up" their pool game?

Holy crap! Buzzer beater for post of the year.:rotflmao1::thumbup::love::rotflmao: :clapping: :bow-down:
Jason

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Are there drugs to increase focus and limit visual field? For pool I just need an field of vision 10 feet in front of me at most, anything else is not needed. I dont need to see people moving across benches or adjusting their seat during a match.

Dr Dave has had some unusual requests in the past...but this is the groggiest.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

good of you to come back and amuse us

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carrots, good for the eyes. Although after reading about things, it seems the carrot thing was just a way to hide radar improvements during WWII. When the British got better radar, they said the reason their pilots had success was due to eating carrots to for better eyesight.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member

Attachments

• everybody-is-on-steroids.jpg
    everybody-is-on-steroids.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 859

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just did a search on Mario He on the AZ forum, main results show a discussion about blood pressure medicine.

Which are the best drugs to use to enhance Billiard performance?

I know this isn't bodybuilding so I don't think its T. Some of the best action stars use steroids but their pay is in the millions, so I think its worth it.

But in the case of a billiard player, would taking Ritalin or blood pressure medication or other neuro-enhancer be worth it? Players competing on an amateur or near open status might gain some benefits to it. Its common to have a beer or smoke something but I mean taking it to the level of "real pro sports" with "real doctors" to help manage performance and recovery with "real solutions (pharmacological grade)."

Everyone knows Earl Strickland famous for outbursts, if he took PEDs would he be Super Strickland with even more titles? Does he take it, but due to other circumstances no one knows? Like the era of Lance Armstrong pre-admission of guilt.

I don't think Earl takes drugs, but I only mention him because recognizing his name with certain behavior is easy to do. Earl needs some relaxers, or maybe he is just hopped all the time. Some people just are strung out easily.

Cheqio - used by some players - you can get it at Ozone Billiards - supposedly helps maintain focus in sports - it is used buy some players

https://cheqio.com/?SID=tq18hpguiq038j5ulk13vmku6j

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

q6vCApt.gif

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Drug Testing is Coming

I notice that they are drug testing at big events in the Philippines and that their youth program includes drug testing. I think it is needed to help the public take pool seriously as a sport.

Having said that, I am going to give a serious answer for those willing to try crap. All of the things you put in your body, drugs or even herbal things not classified as a drug yet can have unintended consequences. There is no safe dosage or duration of usage.

I took beta blockers for years for blood pressure, hated it! They left me a little dull and flat footed. It was very hard to compete on them. The other drugs that they are feeding our children are speed, no wonder we are raising addicts! Taking speed to compete is stupid!

I have played chemical players. They might be monsters for a little while but all you have to do is stay with them, they can't keep their mix right.

Some of today's players are using drugs to enhance performance. All it will do is taint anything they achieve, they managed to keep their mix right for awhile. Anyone trying to set a record or similar activities now should voluntarily test if not before immediately after. The tainted baseball records should show the dangers of PED's for records and careers. Even using legal performance enhancers or those that can't be detected at the time eventually bites a person in the ass, anything they do is tainted.

Aside from anything else, there is a feeling of accomplishment when you know you have done something on the natch. I accomplished something with a pistol people had been trying to do for fifteen years including a world class shooter for a few years and now and then for the entire fifteen years. I also unofficially bombed a world record with a rifle. Not the only one to do that with a rifle but I also put out the most consistent five groups I had ever seen or read about. I am proud of the fact I was totally clean when I did these things.

A fellow driver smoked half a joint before driving a short track car. A pistol competitor took half an aspirin before competing. If they accomplished great things it would always be tainted in their own minds. A sprint car driver was killed because he stepped down into the path of Tony S's car. He had pot in his system. How long before the incident had he taken it in? Was he under the influence? Present testing doesn't tell us. Someone I knew well was killed in a work related accident. Again, pot in the system. Did it affect his judgment? Again, nobody will ever know.

Those reading this thread hoping to gain an edge, the edge is keeping your body clean and fit. Some of the top players now are looking after their bodies and it shows on the table. Bottom line, enhancers of all kinds are stupid and as a general rule will do more harm to your performance than help it in the long run plus anything you accomplish while taking enhancers is tainted.

Doing things 100% clean feels better at the time and you can look back on it with more pride than something you did while using anything as a performance enhancer, even something as mild as that half an aspirin.

Hu

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's just what big money sponsors want to read about pool......that players are into drugs and they should promote their product with a tournament of druggies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's just what big money sponsors want to read about pool......that players are into drugs and they should promote their product with a tournament of druggies.

Yeah...coz the money people are surfing the azb looking for reasons to not fund.

There are so many people competing in so many things, there will always be some who will see to gain an advantage, be it extra sleep, chicken for breakfast, thin socks, splashing face with cold water, pattern racking, silicone on the balls, drugs, cheating, ...the list is virtually endless.

If it is worth winning, somebody is cheating.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can fade a Monster who is on hi-test for hours on end, you must be a double monster with a fat bankroll.

I notice that they are drug testing at big events in the Philippines and that their youth program includes drug testing. I think it is needed to help the public take pool seriously as a sport.

Having said that, I am going to give a serious answer for those willing to try crap. All of the things you put in your body, drugs or even herbal things not classified as a drug yet can have unintended consequences. There is no safe dosage or duration of usage.

I took beta blockers for years for blood pressure, hated it! They left me a little dull and flat footed. It was very hard to compete on them. The other drugs that they are feeding our children are speed, no wonder we are raising addicts! Taking speed to compete is stupid!

I have played chemical players. They might be monsters for a little while but all you have to do is stay with them, they can't keep their mix right.

Some of today's players are using drugs to enhance performance. All it will do is taint anything they achieve, they managed to keep their mix right for awhile. Anyone trying to set a record or similar activities now should voluntarily test if not before immediately after. The tainted baseball records should show the dangers of PED's for records and careers. Even using legal performance enhancers or those that can't be detected at the time eventually bites a person in the ass, anything they do is tainted.

Aside from anything else, there is a feeling of accomplishment when you know you have done something on the natch. I accomplished something with a pistol people had been trying to do for fifteen years including a world class shooter for a few years and now and then for the entire fifteen years. I also unofficially bombed a world record with a rifle. Not the only one to do that with a rifle but I also put out the most consistent five groups I had ever seen or read about. I am proud of the fact I was totally clean when I did these things.

A fellow driver smoked half a joint before driving a short track car. A pistol competitor took half an aspirin before competing. If they accomplished great things it would always be tainted in their own minds. A sprint car driver was killed because he stepped down into the path of Tony S's car. He had pot in his system. How long before the incident had he taken it in? Was he under the influence? Present testing doesn't tell us. Someone I knew well was killed in a work related accident. Again, pot in the system. Did it affect his judgment? Again, nobody will ever know.

Those reading this thread hoping to gain an edge, the edge is keeping your body clean and fit. Some of the top players now are looking after their bodies and it shows on the table. Bottom line, enhancers of all kinds are stupid and as a general rule will do more harm to your performance than help it in the long run plus anything you accomplish while taking enhancers is tainted.

Doing things 100% clean feels better at the time and you can look back on it with more pride than something you did while using anything as a performance enhancer, even something as mild as that half an aspirin.

Hu

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
nothing like a little speed...

If you can fade a Monster who is on hi-test for hours on end, you must be a double monster with a fat bankroll.

I went looking for my running partner once years ago. His wife and two small children were sitting at home with no food when I stopped there first. He was down the road playing pool, had been for three days. When I got there an old man that couldn't begin to play with my partner when he was straight had caught him in a match after my partner had busted a handful of other people. When I got there B was down to about $150 and fixing to lose that. He couldn't make a ball in a #3 washtub but he was too fried to know it. Knowing the old man I am sure he had just touched base a few times or told the counterman to give him a call when the time was right. He let B win a nice stack the hard way then plucked him like a chicken!

Different rules apply to real friends than pool hall ethics and I pretty much drug my friend out by the ear with grocery money left.

Most people aren't playing nearly as well as they think they are on chemicals and nobody has to be off their game very much for a decent shortstop to take them. In a long match I take frequent bathroom breaks myself, to wash my face and hands.

Some others took a bathroom break and were ready to set the world on fire, except their shots were almost there. Then they did play pretty good for awhile, then they went to crap for awhile before they realized it was time for another bathroom break. They were monsters maybe 1/4 of the time and thought they were monsters 3/4 of the time.

I wasn't a monster on the natch but then again I never thought I was. I called my style of pool chopping wood. I loved hitting balls, still do. I didn't have to make a fortune, I just wanted to turn a decent profit. I usually did have a pretty fair bankroll but it didn't matter a whole lot. A chemical player generally went with a little tune-up to start and I got some of their cash early while they were flying high. Then when they got strong for awhile they were just getting their cash back. When they started losing again it was time to go back to the bathroom and the cycle repeated.

Hu

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you think professionals aren't on anything, check out the Netflix documentary

'Icarus'. It was eye opening, and after you watch it, you will see that everyone

is on performance enhancing drugs.