Why Is The "Aiming By Halves" Thread Locked?

Banks

Banned
Seriously???

You can look to other sports which have proven scientifically and to scientists who study physiology and psychology to easily see that improvements in performance can be directly linked to improvements in technique/approach. They don't study just single athletes, they study whole groups and compare average performances over time while factoring in improvements in equipment.

Live and Let Live? Sure absolutely.

The first time I see a thread about aiming that is NOT about the methods introduced by Hal Houle where the Defamation League stays out of it to let the people who WANT to learn it discuss it in peace then I will stay out.

When I see a thread about Ghost Ball that does NOT specifically mention the other aiming methods and mock them then I will stay out of it.

I was the one who said that the "feel" crowd should leave the aiming threads alone and they could watch them die out after a few posts. I was the one who said live and let live. But they CANNOT do it.

So don't even try to put this on me. It's not. Even if I don't post they will seek to destroy every thread about aiming methods they don't agree with.

I HONESTLY don't care if someone truly wants to aim by guessing. More power to you. Pool room owners LOVE the people who think that they can get better by hitting a million balls with no method. If you think that you can learn to play the 10,000 possible shots by practicing each one of them 100 times in a row then go for it.

I offer you a way to get there without having to shoot the same shot 10,000 times. I offer you a way to learn a system that works for any shot on the table. Once you REALLY master it then you OWN all the shots on the table as long as your form is consistent.

But you don't HAVE to try it. As long as you don't ACTIVELY campaign to stop others from trying it we are cool. That is the main problem I have with Pat and his buddies. And of course I have a problem with the continual defamation of character that they perpetrate against the well respected members here who have been giving back to pool for most of their lives.

(blah blah blah stuff I deleted blah blah blah)

I'm not debating the system or whether or not it has benefits. I'm saying that the arguments are started and perpetuated on both sides. Make a post saying that Kamui chalk is the best chalk out there and will bring up everybody's game and that it's value is underrated and that anybody who doesn't believe so can go blow smoke, then see what responses you get. :thumbup:

For those that want to use it, I hope it helps. For those that don't want to, I hope that they don't get spammed with it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
(blah blah blah stuff I deleted blah blah blah)

I'm not debating the system or whether or not it has benefits. I'm saying that the arguments are started and perpetuated on both sides. Make a post saying that Kamui chalk is the best chalk out there and will bring up everybody's game and that it's value is underrated and that anybody who doesn't believe so can go blow smoke, then see what responses you get. :thumbup:

For those that want to use it, I hope it helps. For those that don't want to, I hope that they don't get spammed with it.

Well, here is the thing. This forum concept is in a read by choice format. No one is spamming you with anything. When you see a thread that is about aiming you simply keep scrolling. It's easy.

Any comment you make in an aiming thread that is off-topic only perpetuates it. When you stand up as a cheerleader for one side or the other, or for one person or another, then you perpetuate it.

So perhaps if it bugs you then skipping the threads would be the best thing to do. I wasn't bugged by the endless arguments on RSB 14 years ago over aiming, I simply skipped them. And I would have continued to skip them if Hal Houle hadn't asked me to meet him in Denver and graciously donated some of his time to teach me some of methods.

So it's up to you how you want to be part of these discussions. If you feel spammed though then keep in mind you volunteered to be here. No one but you has control of your mouse.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess the moderator(s) have to check with CTE Management...

pj
chgo

Now that the aiming threads have their own forum, I'd like to see PJ's thread reopened. While Aiming by Halves might be controversial to some posters, it appears to be a legitimate attempt to advance the discussion of aiming systems.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's what it looks like when someone aims half--- then half of a half--- then half of a half of a half---

Granted. But instead of closing the thread, why not let the free enterprise marketplace decide whether ABH has merit? If it does, it will thrive and if it doesn't it will fall by the wayside soon enough.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Granted. But instead of closing the thread, why not let the free enterprise marketplace decide whether ABH has merit? If it does, it will thrive and if it doesn't it will fall by the wayside soon enough.

I am sure that a new thread can be started without penalty in the new section. Better to do that and start fresh.

Then the "merits" can be discussed.

See you there.......

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Here's what it looks like when someone aims half--- then half of a half--- then half of a half of a half---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYc6...DvjVQa1PpcFN7Oe-gBkWtbZdZ2M5fnMU6Z5L4iIqL4ow=

Actually not sooooo much..... The kid is hilarious tho LOL

Half ball and splitting is one of the systems I use for certain shots.... I also use the half ball and pivot to aim 90 degree cuts.... It's just doubling of the pivot and being accurate in the bridge length and pivot... I can also shoot straight ins use half ball and pivot to center.. doubling the pivot to see if I end up on the other edge and then pivoting back....

Not saying any of these are the best way but they do offer me better success than just winging it.... I also have replaced the pivot system on straight in to using the SEE system method and improved my percentages by a ton........ Take the things that work and toss the rest =)