CTE/ PRO ONE with Stan Shuffett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The alarm clock never got a chance to go off at 6:00 am on Wednesday morning as I was already clock watching by then. I had planned for a long day with one of the best pool instructors in the country, if not the best and I was jazzed to say the least.

Stan Shuffett had invited me to get a look at his video and learn CTE/PRO ONE and I wasn't about to sleep in late.

I had prepared to make a very long day of it and did. Stan and I met at a Bed & Breakfast a couple of hours from New Orleans and the B&B had a convenient 9 foot Gold Crown IV which the proprietor kept in mint condition, along with a fine set of Centennials.

I arrived a few minutes after 8:00 am and had a 45 minute conversation over coffee, with Stan and I talking about what I hoped to learn. We even talked about some pool things that weren't even CTE/Pro One related. As usual, Stan was patient with my probing questions. I had brief encounters with Stan over the years and he has always been open and honest with me. He didn't surprise me this time either.

We talked a little about the naysayers on AZB and he good naturedly sidestepped any discussion about them which is par for Stan. Stan has a way about him that allows him to stay on track and my little aside wasn't going to deter him from his task.

Stan waited until I started gettting antsy and we soon moved from the antique filled B & B into the separated house with the roomy pool room and the GC IV.

Stan had planned to give me the full CTE/Pro One Course and he did.
He actually gave me the full one on one course without me even looking at the video. A part of me wished that I had watched the video first but that was not to be, although if I had asked, I'm sure Stan would have met my wishes.

If any of you are looking for the "secrets" of CTE/Pro One, you can go ahead and leave this thread right now. Stan has worked for years trying to uncover the "secrets" of CTE/Pro One. I call them "secrets" because I haven't heard anyone discuss the details that Stan began to share with me. Sure, there were some similarities that I had heard from many discussions that I had with Hal Houle, the originator of CTE. Hal always seemed to enjoy the magic and mystery of CTE and I think he liked to have people who took an interest in it to come back and visit with him, in person or by phone. Myself, I always viewed Hal as a very intelligent person with a great sense of humor and I regaled with Hal's many varied and interesting stories. He had lived a long and productive life and had known champions like Ralph Greenleaf. For a period of time, a lot more than a few months, Hal had taken Ralph into his home and looked after Ralph. Ralph had many vices and it was hard to deal with those problems but Hal did for a rather lengthy time.

A friend of mine had many conversations with Hal and Hal had told him that he and Sailor Barge had many conversations about what would become known as CTE. I had spoken to Sonnie, Hal's wife previously and she confirmed that Hal had worked diligently for years on CTE although she didn't claim to know anything about it.

Stan and Landon Shuffett took an interest in Hal's CTE and they both met and studied with Hal. Subsequent phone calls continued to develop a hunger for more information about CTE and as Hal's health continued to decline, Stan was forced to do his own study on CTE.

Stan has worked for years on developing CTE/Pro One and that is one of the reasons why I will not divulge what I have learned from Stan. He deserves to be rewarded for his hatd work and CTE/Pro One video.

To say that CTE/Pro One is a unique aiming system would be a terrible understatement.

I can say without hesitation that CTE/Pro One is a "FINITE AND PRECISE AIMING SYSTEM". I spend an entire day working hard to understand the principles and nuances of the aiming system. I spent many hours at the table executing shots and NEVER ONCE LOOKED AT A CONTACT POINT. I made LOTS of SHOTS, that Stan had set up as part of his course for me to try. The VAST MAJORITY OF SHOTS were EASY to make using CTE/Pro One.

I failed to make some shots using CTE/Pro One and Stan was right there with me, encouraging me to continue and not only explaining why I may have missed the shot but executing the same shot over and over, explaining precisely what he was doing to make the shot. When I went back over the missed shot, I made it consistently after I corrected my error. It was a simply error each time and I can see how some people are inconsistent with CTE/Pro One but I saw Stan make shot after shot. Once, after I had my feet wet with CTE/Pro One, he declared that we would now shoot random shots not only, not looking at the pockets except to see where the pockets were located in regards to the object ball but once we had pivoted, we would no longer look at the object ball. Stan made many shots one after the other without missing, finally he started missing one particular shot and he missed it a couple of times until he got it right. I didn't do as well but I did make many shots without looking at the object ball once I had done the CTE/Pro One aiming. I wasn't very happy with missing those balls but Stan wasn't the least disappointed with my misses. He was actually glad to see that I was able to make some balls without even looking at the object ball, after doing the pivot.

It is now easy to see how some people who are using CTE/Pro One for the first time, find a kind of euphoria and are so excited about it.

It is also easy to see how someone's game could improve dramatically by using CTE/Pro One, especially someone who hadn't hit a million balls like myself. But I was interested in how I would fare with this aiming system and to say that I was not disappointed is also an understatement.

After several hours, I candidly told Stan that I had come with an open mind to learn CTE/Pro One but a part of me told me that I would find CTE to be not all that some had said it was cooked up to be.

Now some of you give me a litte ribbing because I enjoy highlighting the benefits of any pool product I try and that's just me. I try to see the positive side of anything that I try and I try a lot of things. :smile:

When using CTE/Pro One, there are a few shots that require "adjustments" but they are all measurable, consistent adjustments and are not subconscious adjustments.

NO PART OF CTE/PRO ONE is subject to subconscious adjustments.

That being said CTE/Pro One does inhibit you from taking into consideration any factors such as throw, squirt, swerve, etc.

While CTE/Pro One is unlike any aiming system out there, it will not make you a great pool player by itself.

Pro One is and advanced phase of CTE and after you master the CTE precise aiming system, you can move on to the easy flowing Pro One. You are still using the CTE but the Pro One is the next step and while I didn't use it as much as I wanted to during long school session I was able to utilize it tonight when I went to the pool room. During the day, I was using CTE to make some bank shots and some of the bank shots were incredible. Yeah, I will use the word "incredible" because that's what it is.

I know that if any of the naysayers take a CTE/Pro One lesson from Stan Shuffett and come with an open mind and work hard to learn it, they will and what they learn will be unique and PRECISE. I did not know how precise the system was until I missed a shot every now and then and when I corrected my aiming, the balls fell every time.

Tonight, I practiced ten ball with a former GREAT player in the New Orleans area. Normally I would never expect to come out ahead against this particular player but I managed to come out ten games ahead. He hasn't been playing much pool and that's about all I do these days so I had an edge on him in that regard but I would be remiss if I didn't also share that I used Pro One when I played him and I can tell you with certainty that the things I learned from Stan about CTE/Pro One helped me to play a MUCH better game of ten ball tonight.

I feel rather badly for some of you because I am saying some rather extraordinary things about CTE/Pro One but everything that I have said is truthful and I actually believe that even better things are yet to come.

The final CTE/Pro One video should be out before Christmas. I watched Stan's first draft of the video and it details everything that Stan shared in the one on one lesson but if I had not taken the lesson I can candidly tell you that I would have had some "issues" with the video by itself.

Like some people have mentioned before, it is an aiming system that is best demonstrated and a good instructor schooled in the nuances of the system can shorten the learning curve. That being said, it is still possible to get the benefits just from the video but you will have to stay with it and practice what he shares in the video.

The other problem with CTE/Pro One is that there is a whole new language that players have to become familiar with and the new words are alien to most pool players at least as far as aiming is concerned. I've been around these words now for several years so I was kind of familiar with almost everything Stan shared but I can see how some people might go down the wrong path without some supervision or additional instruction.

I feel confident that CTE/Pro One is a PRECISE AIMING SYSTEM and even those who believe it is silly, will have an awakening if they genuinely try to learn it.

I not only believe that below average players will see a jump in their game in a relatively short period of time but advanced players will also find a new way to aim and an EFFECTIVE ball pocketing system tjat will not limit you in any other areas.

Stan has earned the right to make a profit from his video and I hope that those who learn the system will feel the same way and avoid sharing the "secrets" of CTE/Pro One.

I strongly urge anyone who has an open mind to learn something new and something EFFECTIVE, will try CTE/Pro One because it genuinely works. Do a few shots require adjustments? Yes, and Stan shows you the adjustments to handle those shots as well.

It was one of the best days of learning pool that I have ever had.

Stan, you are to be congratulated for a fantastic product. I hope you make a million.

I am planning to call Hal to offer a belated apology for not answering the call to CTE sooner.

Those who haven't had the lesson and who believe that CTE/Pro One is an unworthy aiming system don't realize what they are missing. I predict that CTE/Pro One will be highly successful, not just for Stan but for the players themselves. This aiming system will improve anyone's game.

I don't have it down pat yet but plan to continue using it in the coming weeks. If I revert back to contact point to contact point aiming I will let you know. I plan to use CTE/Pro One until I am positive that it helps me play better OVERALL or if it doesn't, I will go back to the other aiming methods that I have used in the past, all of which have served me well.

Sorry that I did not give you the "secrets" of CTE/Pro One but I think all of you are going to be surprised at the PRECISION in CTE/Pro One.

Best Regards,
JoeyA

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
JoeyA.... you do good work man!! Nuff said.... except, as an edit; I'd like Stan's contact information for lessons. :groucho:

Last edited:

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
JoeyA.... you do good work man!! Nuff said.... except, as an edit; I'd like Stan's contact information for lessons. :groucho:

Jim, You'll be glad you did.. Stan is a superb instructor.

J.S.

Registered
Great post

While I'm a bit uneasy with the believers vs. non-believers setting, I have to say that this has to be the best post I've read on this topic. Well written, informative and constructive in tone. Sure hope this thread doesn't escalate into one of those is too - is not discussions... Thanks JoeyA for a pleasant read on your experience!

J.S.

thehammer37

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey I visited Stan on Friday Nov 5th and will back what you said 100%. Thanks again Stan.

richard s

Registered
CTE with Stan Shuffett

I was witness to the entire session described by Joey A and am here to tell all that any course of instruction with Stan is probably the best pool teaching available anywhere at any price. Stan, a career teacher, has a patient and skillful manner when presenting his course information. Actually, he has a gift for teaching that is far above the average and this, combined with his long experience at pool, gives him real-world plus technical knowledge that seems to fuel his major league teaching performance. I plan to post regarding my own progress with Stan's methodology; however, I, like Joey, believe Stan deserves to be the primary presenter of the system to all takers as he has done a lot of hard work and research in developing the course(s).

DocHutch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Patiently Waiting

As usual, great writing. Joey, I am pleased to hear about your learning. I am scheduled for Stan's class at his home in just over a week. Your thread has made me ever so enthusiastic and anxiously awaiting what may come. Also, I am a fan of learning videos and this one appears to be "a must have" for the collection.

Wait! How am I ever supposed to kick your tail if you know "all the secrets"? I will ask Stan to give me at least one or two extra secrets that he didn't tell you. I would like some sort of edge.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Attaboy

Thanks for the detailed play by play of your time with Stan. It will help to remove some of the doubts the fence sitters are hanging on to. Stan is a very passionate, knowledgable instructor who really makes a tenacious effort to teach Pro One in person. I have no doubt his dvd will contain the same essential info a player will need to become proficient with Cte and Pro One if they put the time into it.

As I've said before, Pro One is a stand alone system capable of doing anything on a pool table you need including banks. It will help players at any level of experience in any game. You can also use it to supplement your ball pocketing if you'd like as another tool in your toolbox, so to speak. However you choose to implement it will improve your game.

Best,
Mike

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great post Joey! And welcome to the "club"! I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the DVD so I can fill in the gaps I have.

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
Great post Joey! Can't wait for the video. I think it's going to open a lot of eyes out there.

Chi2dxa

Lost over C&D Triangle
Silver Member
Give it some time JoeyA.

Great post JoeyA!!! I hope that you find the discipline in yourself to really give the medicine some time to work. Just like anything that you learn new it starts off as a high and then moves down into the valley when your game seems like it is really in the toliet but stay with it for at least 90 days and that is a fair amount of time. You should be making balls in your sleep by the time DCC rolls arounds.

Good luck JoeyA on your new adventure!!!

The Fellowship of the Cue Ball begins!!!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Outstanding review Joey. I am sure that Stan appreciated the extra help to work out the kinks on the video.

Looking forward to it.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife sent me to Stan this past Jan. as a fiftieth birthday present. What a great present, one that I will always remember.

GetMeThere

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[...]...I can tell you with certainty that the things I learned from Stan about CTE/Pro One helped me to play a MUCH better game of ten ball tonight.

[...]

I don't have it down pat yet but plan to continue using it in the coming weeks. If I revert back to contact point to contact point aiming I will let you know. I plan to use CTE/Pro One until I am positive that it helps me play better OVERALL or if it doesn't, I will go back to the other aiming methods....

I'm only left to wonder that if you're already playing "MUCH better," and you don't even "have it down pat yet," why you could ever question whether you need to wait "until I am positive that it helps me play better," or why you would ever consider "go(ing) back to the other aiming methods."

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It says I have to spread it around before I can give you rep again, though it's deserved. Great report!
Too bad for some people, it won't GetThemThere:D

Last edited:

Falcon Eddie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok..enough already..Stan..release it to us. I'm way down in the Keys can't get anywhere fast enough or without breaking the bank.
I am looking forward to trying this out for myself. I been wanting to meet with Stan and a few other top instructors but have been unable to. Maybe sometime soon.
Thanks JoeyA for the review.

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't wait to get my already ordered copy of the video. Thanks for the summary on the lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.