Jin won his 1st tournament youth vnea

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok Jin has won the High desert shootout but that is an extremely small field. The Rocky Mountain youth bracket had a field of 14 so not bad and the quality of youth players was good.

Jin has been working very hard chasing his first win. Earlier this year was so many near misses with other big tournaments. My bday was the day after so he made it a goal to play/focus the best that he could. He went through the day only losing 1 game.

His tools for the day were pretty much all new items:
JPechauer Custom Cue (player)
JPechauer black ice shaft break cue
Kamui glove, roku and shark chalk holder and vue bridge with some custom work from Chris Byrne
3Seconds cue case
Brutal Game Gear

Attachments

• 46049023_732833740404975_4530175128356519936_o.jpg
    46049023_732833740404975_4530175128356519936_o.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 359
  • 20181111_094444.jpg
    20181111_094444.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 351
  • Screenshot_20181112-094916_CompuSport.jpg
    Screenshot_20181112-094916_CompuSport.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Congrats on his win. I hope he continues to do well, and get better. US Pool needs as many junior players who love the sport of pool as possible, if it has any chance of competing on an international level in the future. I hope the love of pool stays with the juniors for a lifetime.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
By the way, very beautiful Pechauer. He makes such beautiful, and great hitting cues.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you, Jins goal is to one day wear a team USA shirt. Jin picked out all his colors and such for the cue, I couldn't believe how nice it turned out in person. Im very close to ordering one myself with almost the exact same colors and such, just with a little twist.

I wish more knew about how much the Pechauer family does for the juniors in the industry, not just with sponsorships but all the fund raising they constantly do.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to you and Jin. I know that both of you work very hard.

You and Jin are very, very rare in today's society. If more fathers were like you, more kids would be like Jin.

Pool is in great need of you and your son but, the need goes much further than just billiards.

Just think how great the world in general would be if all fathers did as you are doing?

It puts a smile on my face everytime I think of you and Jin.

Rake

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to the young champ!

He continues to amaze with his enthusiasm and dedication to the game, qualities that make him as strong of a player as he has become :)

All the best to both of you :wink:

Thank you, Jins goal is to one day wear a team USA shirt. Jin picked out all his colors and such for the cue, I couldn't believe how nice it turned out in person. Im very close to ordering one myself with almost the exact same colors and such, just with a little twist.

I wish more knew about how much the Pechauer family does for the juniors in the industry, not just with sponsorships but all the fund raising they constantly do.

Pechauer cues are amazing, in my opinion. Here is a cue that I would personally love to have, because I love traditional style cues.

http://pechauer.com/pool-cues/50th-anniversary/dec2-anniversary-cue

I wish Jin the best of luck in the future, but I understand that skill has nothing to do with luck. He looks to have great form, and focus on the table (with a nice solid bridge).

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t waste time in the junior league. Take him right to the top. He plays fantastic. He will needs serious challenge going forward and the sooner you make him comfortable in the atmosphere he will eventually play, the better. Pool it at least 50% mental.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for th ekind words/comments.

And Rake.... the pool world also needs more like yourself as well. Kimmo, one day still.... we will all meet. Im not sure on the when but Jin and I both are determined to make it happen.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations.
Now that he is a tournament winner.
I need 2 on the wire in a race to 7 playing 8 ball.
The bet is one juice box.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Congratulations Jin. Love always hearing about you two. Very proud papa too I would imagine.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Congratulations!

Jin an example of hard work & talent paying off.

May he go far...

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to the both of you. It's refreshing to see one so young engaged in such a positive way. Best of luck going forward.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think it’s terrific that this fine young man is now officially a champion.

93791281-D26B-465C-A728-65257A8979EE.jpeg

...but why doesn’t he have a cue case?
A good cue should be protaected

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you everyone.... I'll be reading the comments to him later.

He does has his new 3Seconds case, its amazing.

hkwong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Jin for the win. Be on the look out for a national junior tour for kids in the future. Dee Adkins is the tournament director and coaches all the kids.

Pm me for details or check out the Facebook page below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk