Mezz Ignite.

SandFox

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know which retailers will be or are accepting pre orders for the Mezz Ignite? I emailed Mezz USA but have yet to hear back from them.

Thanks

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know which retailers will be or are accepting pre orders for the Mezz Ignite? I emailed Mezz USA but have yet to hear back from them.

Thanks
Mezz USA (mezzusa.com) and J&J America (jjcue.com), along with Seyberts are Mezz's largest US dealers, so if they can't help you, likely no one can yet. As there is no mention of this shaft yet on the mezzusa.com website, I'd guess they can't be ordered as of yet.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Mezz dealers were not allowed to advertise them ahead of the launch date, but off course an email from a customer with a pre-order is just fine for us (and I assume most others).

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not familiar with Mezz terms...if they describe a joint as 'United' what does that mean? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From http://mezzcues.us/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39&products_id=293:

"Featuring the finest Japanese aerospace grade carbon fiber material coupled with the Ignite Composite Laminating Technology (ICLT), a new responsive front-end design and the vibration-dampening core material, the IGNITE 12.2mm shaft ensures a true natural feel and minifies deflection which eliminates inconsistencies when using spin. The ICLT eradicates unwanted gaps and "dead lines" that can occur during the manufacturing process providing accuracy for ultimate playability. Together with the Ignite constant pro taper, this shaft delivers a smooth, stable and powerful feel after each shot."

In fairness, I really like my Mezz alpha hybrid shaft, probably because it's most similar to maple and has some deflection (I'm old).

But can anyone explain "minifies", "gaps", and "dead lines" or is that all made up?

3k1n

Got the Mezz Ignite shaft delivered to me yesterday and played a bit with it today. So far I'm loving it. The feel of the shaft is much like wood to me.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got the Mezz Ignite shaft delivered to me yesterday and played a bit with it today. So far I'm loving it. The feel of the shaft is much like wood to me.

Joint type and tip? Thx.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deflection feedback? I've heard it does feel far more similar to a wood shaft than a Revo, but that the level of deflection is actually greater than some of the other Mezz shaft offerings, such as the WX900. Could you report back after you've been able to determine/compare the level of deflection of the Ignite shaft as opposed to other popular LD shafts such as certain Predator or Mezz shaft models? Thanks

3k1n

I got the United joint. The shaft came with a Zan medium tip. I'm still trying to get used to it, but so far it seems to me at least that I've been a little bit more consistent with potting balls. The feel of the cue has been pretty easy to get used to as well. Great buy!

Kev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deflection feedback? I've heard it does feel far more similar to a wood shaft than a Revo, but that the level of deflection is actually greater than some of the other Mezz shaft offerings, such as the WX900. Could you report back after you've been able to determine/compare the level of deflection of the Ignite shaft as opposed to other popular LD shafts such as certain Predator or Mezz shaft models? Thanks

I've only tried the Ignite for 30 minutes, but it has amazing power transfer and the amount of deflection is very very low (lower than the Revo 12.9mm)
I currently play with the WX700 and have played with the Ex-Pro and HP2 the past year and the Ignite really is on a different level deflection wise.

tinh339

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one at SBE yesterday at Mezz booth, last one United joint and it fits on on Showman cue. It it $569 and I tipped Caroline $1.00
Regards
Peter

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only tried the Ignite for 30 minutes, but it has amazing power transfer and the amount of deflection is very very low (lower than the Revo 12.9mm)
I currently play with the WX700 and have played with the Ex-Pro and HP2 the past year and the Ignite really is on a different level deflection wise.

Yea i got back to my 700 after a two month stint with the expro, feels more reliable/stiff to me. Is the taper on the ignite similar to the expro or 700? How did it compare to the expro? Mine is coming late April

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would really like to know how the Mezz Ignite shaft compares to a Mezz WX900 shaft for deflection, once someone has fairly experimented with both of those two shafts? There is no comparison between the levels of deflection of a WX700 or even an EXPro to the WX900 - which in my opinion deflects so much less than either of those two shafts it's ridiculous. When I switched to Mezz cues, I initially played with a WX700 shaft for nearly 6 months, before switching to a EXPro Mezz shaft, for considerably lower deflection than the WX700, which the EXPro shaft clearly provided, which I've played for nearly the past year. About a month ago I ordered, tried out, immediately fell in love with, and switched to the WX900 shaft, only because of the significant decrease in deflection over any previous shaft I had ever tried. Even though I'm still not yet fully comfortable and adjusted to it, my shotmaking accuracy when spinning the cue ball has already improved dramatically.

Last edited: