Is 9 Ball Fan the reincarnation of justin386?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
no justin`s never ending posting is way more annoying and a dead give away
this guy, just got into pool it seems

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
More than 20, huh?

I call bulls**t on that !!

My oldest cue is a Blue Viking from the mid to late 1990s; with a Stainless Steel Joint, and their standard Pro Taper Shaft. I purchased it new, and the shaft is still very straight. I added a little weight, and it now plays at 19.44 ounces. I just say it's 19 1/2.

My new production Meucci weighs 19 ounces.

I also have some Brunswick Contender series cues; in 18, 19, & 20 ounces. They belonged to a good friend who passed away last year. I also have his 9' Brunswick Ashbee table. Prior to me actually owning my own table for a while now, i was reluctant to join a billiards forum. It's a full time hobby now, whereas previously it was here and there for most of my life.

But then again, i didn't really owe you all of that information.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Do all the new forum members receive such a warm welcome?

"Hey dude, we talked about that 6 years ago!!! Why don't you use the search function next time!!!". Etc. (Not word for word) isn't a good way to grow a forum, or a hobby.

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member
My oldest cue is a Blue Viking from the mid to late 1990s; with a Stainless Steel Joint, and their standard Pro Taper Shaft. I purchased it new, and the shaft is still very straight. I added a little weight, and it now plays at 19.44 ounces. I just say it's 19 1/2.

I also have some Brunswick Contender series cues; in 18, 19, & 20 ounces. They belonged to a good friend who passed away last year. I also have his 9' Brunswick Ashbee table. Prior to me actually owning my own table for a while now, i was reluctant to join a billiards forum. It's a full time hobby now, whereas previously it was here and there for most of my life.

Well, at least you came off well about it.

Respect :thumbup2:

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member

"Hey dude, we talked about that 6 years ago!!! Why don't you use the search function next time!!!". Etc. (Not word for word) isn't a good way to grow a forum, or a hobby.

Like I said, I am a troll that eats trolls. In that manner, I spitted you out, polished you and gave you another chance. Let's roll with that, shall we?

Believe me when I say this, but I used to believe 8-ball and 9-ball was all there is to billiards. That was until I asked a former short stop and good pal from my town by the name of Sylver Ochoa for advice. He told me, "Play Straight Pool, it will help you with your game." It took me a while until I realized exactly what he meant by that. Wanna know when it slapped me in the face? Answer: When I saw Thorsten Hohmann, John Schmidt, and (very importantly) Willie Mosconi play the game. Want more proof on how lethal Mosconi really was? Read Mosconi's autobiography "Willie's Game" and watch this clip to show you how much of an artist Willie Mosconi was. Keep an eye on that break shot he makes when shooting that ball on the side pocket. THAT is awe-inspiring.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Like I said, I am a troll that eats trolls. In that manner, I spitted you out, polished you and gave you another chance. Let's roll with that, shall we?

Believe me when I say this, but I used to believe 8-ball and 9-ball was all there is to billiards. That was until I asked a former short stop and good pal from my town by the name of Sylver Ochoa for advice. He told me, "Play Straight Pool, it will help you with your game." It took me a while until I realized exactly what he meant by that. Wanna know when it slapped me in the face? Answer: When I saw Thorsten Hohmann, John Schmidt, and (very importantly) Willie Mosconi play the game. Want more proof on how lethal Mosconi really was? Read Mosconi's autobiography "Willie's Game" and watch this clip to show you how much of an artist Willie Mosconi was. Keep an eye on that break shot he makes when shooting that ball on the side pocket. THAT is awe-inspiring.

I have known who Willie Mosconi was since I was a little kid. My father once owned a Brunswick snooker table, and I was exposed to snooker before pool. I heard the legend about him running 13 straight racks of 9 ball without a miss, and putting his cue back in the case. As far as I was concerned, he was the man. Since YouTube became a big deal, and also easily accessible on tv; I have been watching all the old matches of great players. Mosconi, Crane, Lassiter, Wiley, Reyes, Sigel, Strickland, Archer, Fats, Varner, Mizerak, SVB, Pagulayan, Orcollo, Bustamante, Shaw, Duel, Schmidt, etc. Women players also.

Last edited:

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Crappy Pictures uploaded to my album now. Sorry, I don't have an iPhone....

9 Foot Brunswick Ashbee; with Royal Blue Simonis 860, and Aramith Premium Balls. Blue 1990s Viking Cue, as well.

*Edit: I added a couple of decent pictures of the Viking Cue. I really like playing with it; especially on a big table.

I prefer to use the Meucci on smaller tables. It has a soft hit, and a great feel to it.

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

Venture over to NPR and announce you support the views of AOC.

Talk about a dog pile.

BTW, welcome.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people join this site and then cannot get out of their own way and/or play nice with others, so they get banned. They then join with new usernames and the fun starts all over again. Kind of stinks that it is this way but what are you going to do?

Welcome aboard! The moderation in this place is far less strict than many other message boards, not a dig on the mods you guys do fine work. There is more peer moderation that happens, but there is also freer exchange of ideas.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You did not owe him but you are obviously a nice guy unlike many on here

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

yes this is the standard reaction to new people here

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
His table looks a wee bit fragile

1B6DE260-A561-4E60-8739-7E15927AE9E0.jpeg

But 9 Ball Fan is welcome on AZ as far as I’m concerned
:wave3:

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
GLOBETROTTERS!!!

Welcome to the forum.

I have 800 and some posts, been here way too long, and only started a couple threads.

Not all the forum members receive a warm welcome like others. I like what cornerman said..... I might use it as my signature HAHA

"I know you’re not purposefully trolling. Just be aware that it reads like it. " --Cornerman

I joined May 2014 - first post was September 2015 when I saw a user that I personally know post something in the sale section.

For a long time, I treated this place like a bar you just walked into. You can quietly saunter in....... listen to some of the old guard talk about some knowledgeable things, comment here and there, laugh with them...... introduce yourself! Shake hands and share some interesting things, maybe sell some chalk or some old clay pool balls. Buy a shaft and go get into politics with the guys in the corner, drinking the mich ultra.

........ Or........ you can walk into that bar and shout "Florian Kohler is gonna snap off the next 10 ball tournament he enters!"

I'M KIDDING BUDDY! WELCOME :cool::D