Long time, no see!

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Wow, it's been forever since I stopped by this forum, sincere apologies to all. I logged in today and found a few private messages over a year old asking how I'm doing. For those of you that have been around a while, and remember me going into the hospital in 2016, all is well. Long story short for anyone that doesn't know, and this is a shout out to those that may have the same symptoms, in the late part of 2015 I started having to use the restroom (number 1) very frequently, and, my mouth was always dry. I suspected diabetes, but, I let it go for about 2 months and it got progressively worse, to the point that I was urinating every 45 minutes and drinking insane amounts of anything I could get my hands on, and NOTHING quenching my thirst. I ended up going to the doctor. My blood sugar was 604 and my Ha1c was 15. The doc told me right there in his office that if I was to drop dead right there it wouldn't be a surprise. So, he sent me to the hospital where I spent the next 2 weeks under constant supervision. We're now 2 and a half years removed. The amount of insulin I take now is very low and my Ha1c has recently been clocked at 6.6, which is pretty much normal. It does come with a price though, I've had to cut out all my favorite stuff, but, hey, it's better than dying at 50 years old, right? Doc says if I can drop another 60lbs or so I may not need the insulin anymore. I openly admit, I haven't done much in the weight loss department, but, my weight is not from garbage food anymore, just from over eating and not getting enough exercise, both of which are probably just as bad as eating the garbage. I can also report that after 35 years sucking on Marlboro's that day I entered the hospital in Feb of 2106 was the last time I had a cigarette. I'm pulling up on 2 years and 7 months. Don't miss it at all.

Anyway, if you see any of those symptoms in yourself, get to the doctor before it gets too far gone, and follow their instructions.

Hope all is well with all of you guys and gals here. I keep in touch with Diane Hoppe on a fairly regular basis over on Facebook. I'll try to do better about coming in here. For what it's worth, I haven't even seen a poo table in over a year. I doubt I could even miscue the right way.
Talk at ya!
MULLY

Here's a before/after pic. The before pic was the day I was admitted into the hospital. The after was a few weeks back at the dentist. I feel so much better.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Glad you’re still with us, Mully!

Freddie <~~~ needs some excercise

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yo, mullyman, great to see you back at it and that you're doing so much better. Hope you hang around here more, take names and kick petudies.

Lou Figueroa

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW!! Welcome back! I just saw a thing on Facebook about diabetes and my wife has had it for about 11 years now. She has it under control at this time but she does still have problems. Funny, I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering why we didn't hear from you anymore.
Anyway, good luck with it Good to see you back!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Welcome back. Congrats for taking control of your life.
For me... No sugar. No bread. Miller Light. Low or no fat foods. Nothing fried. 30lbs dropped off real fast. There are a lot of good things to eat. You’ll be ok.

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hey Mully, great to see you post again. Never had numbers that high but..... Using 1000 mg of Metformin daily, lots of walking and a reasonable diet. my H1c is 6.0. My blood sugar is also under good control. Lost about twenty pounds and it helped a lot. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Moderation is my new code word! Keep up the good work!

Lyn

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shit, man!

Not sure we would condone you getting back on a poo table.

Great to hear from you again. We were wondering.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Welcome back, Mully.

About three years ago I had those very same symptoms. Frequent urinating, dry mouth, and I wanted to sleep all the time. I had some sort of episode shortly afterward and my wife finally convinced me to go to the doctor.

On the same doctor visit I found out my heart was in A-fib, I had diabetes (blood sugar 393), and my prostate was swollen (PSA level 8.7),

I went to a cardiologist. a urologist, my general practice doctor, and a nutritionist all within a few days. I lost 45 lbs. and am now on eight medications. They eventually had to put me under and shock my heart back into rhythm. Things are slowing down now, but for a couple of years, it seems like I was going to some sort of doctor every two weeks. It got old.

Except for some vision problems caused by one of my meds, I am now feeling well. But yes....definitely do not let those symptoms go unchecked.

Glad you are still with us and doing better. You were definitely knocking on death's door.

Maniac

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need to go to the doctor. Thank you for the warning. I'm in a low-carb diet now, walking every day, and trying to stay fit. I quit smoking almost 13 years ago now. In fact, it's been so long that I am not sure if it's 12 or 13 years.

It is great to hear you are doing well. I'm sure you feel a heck of a lot better too. Keep up the good work. Try a low-carb diet. I'm eating veggies and meat and a little bit of fruit. No bread, no nooddles, no potatoes, no rice. It works! It also helps keep the sugar levels intact.

Stay well! Hope to read you more. Maybe I'll see you on FB.