9’ Diamond Professional Rail Issues

Jonas111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a brand new 9’ Diamond professional just under a year ago. I’ve always thought this table wasn’t playing quite right. The ball comes off the rails flat. So banks run long and spinning into the rails eats up the spin and it comes off a bit dead.

I’ve had the mechanic out numerous times and they keep telling me it’s fine. Well it’s not fine and I’m not super happy about it.

I’m considering just getting the rails all changed out to different Cushions.

What cushions are the very best you can get? I want this table to play Properly.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a brand new 9’ Diamond professional just under a year ago. I’ve always thought this table wasn’t playing quite right. The ball comes off the rails flat. So banks run long and spinning into the rails eats up the spin and it comes off a bit dead.

I’ve had the mechanic out numerous times and they keep telling me it’s fine. Well it’s not fine and I’m not super happy about it.

What cushions are the very best you can get? I want this table to play Properly.
Have you contacted Diamond? Kinda doubt its the cushions. Sounds like installer didn't know what he was doing. You in western Canada? Contact realkingcobra, he's not far away in Washington state.

Jonas111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you contacted Diamond? Kinda doubt its the cushions. Sounds like installer didn't know what he was doing. You in western Canada? Contact realkingcobra, he's not far away in Washington state.

I did contact diamond and they just sent my issues to the guy that I bought it from. He came over and said it’s fine.

I’m in western Canada. Hoping to get someone to either help me replace the rails or find out what’s out of whack on my table. I think Washington will be a bit too far for anyone to come here.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did contact diamond and they just sent my issues to the guy that I bought it from. He came over and said it’s fine.

I’m in western Canada. Hoping to get someone to either help me replace the rails or find out what’s out of whack on my table. I think Washington will be a bit too far for anyone to come here.
You still should hit-up realkingcobra(Glen) here on AZ. He's a Diamond wizard and not that far away.

Jonas111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You still should hit-up realkingcobra(Glen) here on AZ. He's a Diamond wizard and not that far away.

There is a post on Facebook this morning saying the same thing. I will shoot him a message this morning. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Did you ever check to see if the rail bolts were tightened up to 15ft lbs??

Jonas111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you ever check to see if the rail bolts were tightened up to 15ft lbs??

Yes I did.

We talked on the phone about who installed it. He is coming to change out all the cushions in June.

Nervous a bit about it but I just want the table to play properly.

Jonas111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update.

Sorry it’s been a busy summer. Haven’t been online much.

The local diamond representative came on his own dime and replaced all the rubber on the rails. When he removed the old rubber there was signs of the rubber being installed too high. Originally they used a belt sender to remove the high lip on the rubber on most of the rails. Two of the rail rubbers seemed dried out like they were super old.

The table is playing better for sure but still not near as active as the tables the pros just played on this past week. But my table is banking better and appears to playing a bit quicker.

I still think the rails are a bit high or the angles are off a bit. But I am not complaining. Very happy to have this table playing better.

raven5000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update.

Sorry it’s been a busy summer. Haven’t been online much.

The local diamond representative came on his own dime and replaced all the rubber on the rails. When he removed the old rubber there was signs of the rubber being installed too high. Originally they used a belt sender to remove the high lip on the rubber on most of the rails. Two of the rail rubbers seemed dried out like they were super old.

The table is playing better for sure but still not near as active as the tables the pros just played on this past week. But my table is banking better and appears to playing a bit quicker.

I still think the rails are a bit high or the angles are off a bit. But I am not complaining. Very happy to have this table playing better.

I bought a brand new pro am and I think I had the same experience. I now have a new set of rails that seem a lot quicker. I’m really atarting to think diamond Qc control is going down hill.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

dd1228

Registered
ive never played on a diamond but I sure hate the looks. I have a 9ft GC1 refurbished by me and it looks beautiful and plays great. Cont go wrong with Brunswick!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
ive never played on a diamond but I sure hate the looks. I have a 9ft GC1 refurbished by me and it looks beautiful and plays great. Cont go wrong with Brunswick!

There are plenty of Gold Crowns on the market that a person can go wrong buying today, unless you think all GCs are in perfect shape used!!