Mr 600

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Eye witness" testimony, if unshakeable, can certainly be extremely significant, but only the person with the "eyes" can give first hand testimony as to what they saw.

Sure, Todd can state who he saw, when, and what he saw them doing, but once he claims that he was "eye witnessing" the thirty some odd persons in the audience for the entire several hour run, he automatically discredits his own "eye witness" testimony that he saw the entire run...one cannot watch both the entire audience and the run at the same time.

Only being an attorney adds to his credibility, the other items you mention are as irrelevant to the issue of his credibility as what he had for dinner.

Technically you are correct.

However, in real life I don't believe it works that way. You go before a judge and tell them you've been a regular at that pool hall for countless years and know all the usual suspects and he/she is going to allow it. You are giving me college exam answers.

Whether being an attorney helps the individual's credibility or not is up for debate -- but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt :)

Lou Figueroa

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Well for a fan - u ain't too cool. Puppets don't need a fan.

Agreed, but you are not a puppet as you speak outside the box so a fan I will remain until proven otherwise.

Now about my coolness? Man.. Of course it depends on your definition of cool I suppose. I’ve been a highwayman (RIP 2050 willie), cat burglar, trafficker, soldier, amateur chemist, botanist, mycologist, a psychonaut of indiscriminate ambition, a jokester, lover, rapacious street fighter, poor bedraggled inmate, distinguished gentleman, amateur chef, juggler, single dad, and finally...a player of pool.

I can’t say which was the most exciting. The whole mix together though is like Thought speedball. Kids are admittedly a bit boring but still. Plenty of emotion chemicals involved

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
no thanks

Agreed, but you are not a puppet as you speak outside the box so a fan I will remain until proven otherwise.

Now about my coolness? Man.. Of course it depends on your definition of cool I suppose. I’ve been a highwayman (RIP 2050 willie), cat burglar, trafficker, soldier, amateur chemist, botanist, mycologist, a psychonaut of indiscriminate ambition, a jokester, lover, rapacious street fighter, poor bedraggled inmate, distinguished gentleman, amateur chef, juggler, single dad, and finally...a player of pool.

I can’t say which was the most exciting. The whole mix together though is like Thought speedball. Kids are admittedly a bit boring but still. Plenty of emotion chemicals involved

I would rather not have any fans, you may be alright jazzman jeff, no bad vibes here from you. That is a most impressive list. I have been some of those as well, would have made a great boxer or so I was told. If there were a legit 14.1 tour here in the states (as there should be) instead of their bca and apa bar league nine ball, eight ball - I would welcome your sentiment, there is no future I can see for straight pool here in usa so what good does it do to have a favorite player - ZILCH. I do feel that I play every bit (if not better 14.1 than schmidtty and also feel I am a more honest person than he. If u take all the games bank and 3 cushion included - I would say unequivocally I am the better player. I have no sponsors to make phony govt claim's and am very thankful for that as well. Not sure people realize how difficult it is to make 626 - without a skid happening. I have lived it.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
bar league

I am not totally anti bar league either, I see people competing and having fun in the bar leagues, people who I can tell genuinely love to play the game. I just wish there were more options for the player who prefers the regulation size table. I mostly practice these dais' on a ten footer so a bar table looks really cramped to me.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
open for buss

If anyone would like to try and convince me the run is legit (that has not seen the video) they have my condolences - but I'm open for the debate. You see it helps me seperate the govt bureaucrats from the honest posters who actually love pool and are not here for a political agenda. Come one come all, I do have faith but not in phony govt claims. Good Day.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If anyone would like to try and convince me the run is legit (that has not seen the video) they have my condolences - but I'm open for the debate. You see it helps me seperate the govt bureaucrats from the honest posters who actually love pool and are not here for a political agenda. Come one come all, I do have faith but not in phony govt claims. Good Day.
As I've mentioned, and I really could not care less if you believe it, I am not all that emotionally invested in the record run. I play a little pool but honestly couldn't pick John S out of a line-up, have never played straight pool and my life will not be changed one bit based on whether this run did or did not happen. Clearly this is very personal for you.

So I think it happened, you don't...neither of us knows for sure. Why you see a difference between speculating it did from speculating that it didn't is a bit of a mystery to me but it sure seems the outcome is a pretty big deal to you for some reason

So, I have nothing more I want to say or hear about it until there is something new and concrete.

What I do want is to understand is why you keep bringing up the government. What on earth do you think they have to do with this?

And I hope you'll understand if I just assume your bully comment was a typo or a stroke or something and not even respond.

So explain, without a bunch more hyperbole, how the government is behind this fake news as you call it. Is it a conspiracy against Mosconi, you or the entire pool community?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It is much easier to negate this run simply because of the lack of a correct opening break shot on any of the approximately 1100 attempts that JS made to reach the record level as claimed. He might never have even attempted 1000 of the third shots.

We get that. John started on his own.

4.2 The 14.1 Rack For an opening break shot, the fifteen balls are racked in a triangle with the apex ball on the foot spot. When the balls are re-racked, the apex ball is omitted if only fourteen balls are being racked. The marked outline of the triangle will be used to determine whether an intended break ball is in the rack area.

We get that. An opening break is an opening break, with an opponent.

4.3 Opening Break Shot The following rules apply to the opening break shot: (a) The cue ball begins in hand behind the head string. (b) If no called ball is pocketed, the cue ball and two object balls must each be driven to a rail or the shot is a breaking foul. (See 8.4 Driven to a Rail.) This is penalized by subtracting two points from the breaker’s score. (See 4.10 Breaking Foul.) The non-breaking player may accept the balls in position or may require the breaker to play another opening break shot, until he satisfies the requirements for an opening break or the non-shooting player accepts the table in position. (See 4.11 Serious Fouls.)

We get that. Straight pool rules. Two shots if the break is not done right.

Earl Strickland for one practiced the same way as he played the 14.1 Continuous Game opening break. He racked the fifteen balls, had ball-in-hand behind the head string, broke the balls and started his practice run from the cue ball position. If he missed the second shot after the opening break, he re-racked the fifteen balls and began another attempt.
JS has been playing 14.1 Continuous for twenty years or more. Surely he knew he could never convince the pool players of the world that this was no more than a practice run for his own satisfaction, not ours.

Danny, happy with your second ID? John has the record.

All the best,
WW

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
Awesome accomplishment. Been a long time since, without seeing the video. I keep forgetting that this happened. He should have been taking orders for DVDs within 30 days of setting the record. You need to strike while the iron is hot

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
America Hating? Really? Did that slip because you hate America? Are you tired of loosing to America? Is it really as cold as they say in Russian during the winters?

Anyways...

If you don't understand it then I don't think you would understand it.

(hope you struggle with the word "it" comrade)
"Duck season!"
"Rabbit season!"

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of curiosity, which government do you think is pulling the wool over our eyes? And why? Only in regards to John's run, any other context belongs in the npr.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Smithsonian has a much better scan than the Flickr image referenced. The embossed seal says: "CLARK COUNTY [O]HIO NOTARIAL SEAL". (The O is not well struck.) By the seal is a signature and a stamp:

View attachment 530040

If anyone would like a high-resolution print of both sides of Mosconi's affidavit, I'd be glad to sell you one. Send me a PM.
Surprisingly, I just got some red rep for this post. "Ongoing negativity". I would describe this post as informative rather than in any way negative.

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
While we are waiting.

If anyone would like to try and convince me the run is legit (that has not seen the video) they have my condolences - but I'm open for the debate.

While we are waiting for someone with no legs to stand on,

Danny, If I may ask your opinion?

Which is harder to run balls on? 8" or 9" table (Mosconi or JS table)?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surprisingly, I just got some red rep for this post. "Ongoing negativity". I would describe this post as informative rather than in any way negative.

Would I be out of line to ask who gave the "UNDESERVED" reds to you? If not, please let us that agree with you know. If it is, I understand.

I'm betting you didn't lose any sleep over the reds.

Jeff

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
While we are waiting for someone with no legs to stand on,

Danny, If I may ask your opinion?

Which is harder to run balls on? 8" or 9" table (Mosconi or JS table)?

The table Willie Mosconi ran the balls on is generally said to be a super eight. Those are sized betwixt and between an eight and nine.

Just so Danny doesn't give you the right answer to the wrong question!

Hu

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
plus version

The table Willie Mosconi ran the balls on is generally said to be a super eight. Those are sized betwixt and between an eight and nine.

Just so Danny doesn't give you the right answer to the wrong question!

Hu

Thanks, well what I'm looking for...

In 14:1, is it harder to run balls as the table size gets smaller or larger in his opinion?

I'll add a second question too. Do you think the table size gave him an advantage?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Thanks, well what I'm looking for...

In 14:1, is it harder to run balls as the table size gets smaller or larger in his opinion?

I'll add a second question too. Do you think the table size gave him an advantage?

I can answer for Lou as I taught him everything he knows about life and pool respectively. We go way back and I know how he opines. The 8’ is the easiest table of all standard sizes. It’s large enough to avoid the congestion pitfalls of a 7’ and short enough that your long shots aren’t too long. An oversized 8 is easier than a 9, possibly slightly more difficult than an 8.

Oh...and he wants to see the unedited video before