Golden Brick Tip Tool

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/accessories/golden-tip-tool.html

This is actually my second time owning this Tip Tool. My first one was a blue one which I believe was made in the USA, maybe? The second one was one of the newer gold ones. Basically it is a:
mushroom grazer(sort of)
fine tip shaper in dime or nickel
burnisher
tapper

The mushroom grazer is basically for emergency use only as it it minimally effective.

The tip shaper, burnisher and tapper are excellent. That is why I keep coming back to thsi tool. The tapper can even be used in the traditional tapping method. It is pointed enough to almost use as a pick.

The only real cons I see are it needs a real blade type edge trimmer, and a way to rough shape a new tip. Oh well, I have other tools for that!

Last edited by a moderator:

RFisher

FISHER CUES
Silver Member
http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/accessories/golden-tip-tool.html

This is actually my second time owning the Ultimate Tip Tool. My first one was a blue one which I believe was made in the USA, maybe? The second one was one of the newer gold ones. Basically it is a:
mushroom grazer(sort of)
fine tip shaper in dime or nickel
burnisher
tapper

The mushroom grazer is basically for emergency use only as it it minimally effective.

The tip shaper, burnisher and tapper are excellent. That is why I keep coming back to thsi tool. The tapper can even be used in the traditional tapping method. It is pointed enough to almost use as a pick.

The only real cons I see are it needs a real blade type edge trimmer, and a way to rough shape a new tip. Oh well, I have other tools for that!

Sir, That is not the Ulti-mate tip tool. That is the cheap, and Illegaly copied chinese P.O.S golden brick. This is the ulti-mate tip tool http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/accessories/apttut.html My uncle (rest his soul) was the inventor and maker of the ulti-mate tip tool. He past away last July, my brother and I took over the company. The original Ulti-mate tip tool is still and always will be made in the USA. There are a few companies Illegaly bringing these tools into the country, which there will be action taken against them, but that's another conversation.

Not only that but the trimmer on the sides isn't a correct angle for a cue shaft and is 99% sure to scratch your ferrule. And when it's time to replace the cheap shoddy abrasives, you have to glue them in your self. You are lucky, the tappers on the golden bricks are usualy flat and not sharp.

Just wanted you to know that you purchased the chinese knock off.

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
The shaper and tapper seem to work fine over time, but the burnisher has scratch my ferrule slightly. The mushroom grazer is worthless. The ultimate was better in everyway. Looks like this thing might be going to the back of my bag.

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
Sir, That is not the Ulti-mate tip tool. That is the cheap, and Illegaly copied chinese P.O.S golden brick. This is the ulti-mate tip tool http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/accessories/apttut.html My uncle (rest his soul) was the inventor and maker of the ulti-mate tip tool. He past away last July, my brother and I took over the company. The original Ulti-mate tip tool is still and always will be made in the USA. There are a few companies Illegaly bringing these tools into the country, which there will be action taken against them, but that's another conversation.

Not only that but the trimmer on the sides isn't a correct angle for a cue shaft and is 99% sure to scratch your ferrule. And when it's time to replace the cheap shoddy abrasives, you have to glue them in your self. You are lucky, the tappers on the golden bricks are usualy flat and not sharp.

Just wanted you to know that you purchased the chinese knock off.

Brian, Isn't there anything you can do to stop these illegal immitations from entering our country? It seems the chinese will do anything to undermine our industries.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
After looking at the posted photo, it looks like a ULTIMATE TIP TOOL, that IMHO does many thing marginally.

Remind me of this that does nothing well.
wenger_giant_swiss_army_knife_2.jpg
, but does many thing poor.

Last edited:

mr.vmax

Tim's Cues And Supplies
Silver Member
Looks like the ultimate but is just the knock off with the cheaper glued in sandpaper refills. Stick with The Ultimate tool or nothing. IMO

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
There is something to be done, but Bryan should not have to act, it should be the Billiard community. By not buying this junk, and reading the riot act to businesses that sell this junk, we can send a loud and clear message to them:

BUY THIS JUNK AND TRY AND PAWN IT OFF ON US WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING STUCK WITH UNSALEABLE INVENTORY

RFisher

FISHER CUES
Silver Member
Thank you for your support guy's, I want to do some kind of "campaign" to shed light on this. I have worked with a few of the companies that are/were bringing the knock off into the country and we came to a beneficial resolution. But others aren't as cooperative and I will take action. But I can't believe these companies would do this, and here is the kicker, most of the knock offs are more expensive than the Original made right here with 100% american made materials. Even on ebay, Guy's have titles that say: Golden brick Ultimate tip tool. NO SHAME AT ALL.

RFisher

FISHER CUES
Silver Member
BUY THIS JUNK AND TRY AND PAWN IT OFF ON US WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING STUCK WITH UNSALEABLE INVENTORY[/QUOTE]

THis would be Ideal, I wish I could spread the message through the billiard community, players and dealers/distributors alike.

Any Idea's or help would be much appreciated

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MIA! another way!

Put a BIG sticker that says Made In AMERICA on the package! I wish that more American companies would do that, just the other day I went to Home Depot and looked at the power tools. Yikes Made in China was on almost all of them.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BUY THIS JUNK AND TRY AND PAWN IT OFF ON US WILL RESULT IN YOU BEING STUCK WITH UNSALEABLE INVENTORY

THis would be Ideal, I wish I could spread the message through the billiard community, players and dealers/distributors alike.

Any Idea's or help would be much appreciated[/QUOTE]

You have my word i'll never buy one of those things

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
lol I never saw this thread and when I saw the pics at the top I was ON it to expose the fraud lmfao.......i was definitely late to the scene of the crime lol

keep up the good work officers lol

greenlee.....where's my coffee and donut?

actually WTF is billiard warehouse doing selling that knock off garbage anyways?

Untill they stop buying knock off goods the Grey Ghost shall not do any business whatso ever with them.....

anyone up for a strike?
I just sent billiardwarehouse a brutal email lol.....waiting to see what they have to say.....

-Grey Ghost-

Last edited:

nksmfamjp

Refugee...
Silver Member
I feel a little ashamed for starting this, but it exposed an illegal import of stolen IP, so that is good.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
,,,,,,,, My uncle (rest his soul) was the inventor and maker of the ulti-mate tip tool. He past away last July, my brother and I took over the company. The original Ulti-mate tip tool is still and always will be made in the USA.

Hey Brian, any chance you guys plan to do a version for smaller shaft diameters, like maybe cover the range down to maybe 7mm-10mm or so. The europeans play with like 8mm tips for their version of 8 ball, which is big over there currently and most any descent snooker cue will be in the 9-10mm range. Mine is 9.5, and I can't find anything to use for mushrooming on that small of a tip.

Renegade

RFisher

FISHER CUES
Silver Member
Hey Brian, any chance you guys plan to do a version for smaller shaft diameters, like maybe cover the range down to maybe 7mm-10mm or so. The europeans play with like 8mm tips for their version of 8 ball, which is big over there currently and most any descent snooker cue will be in the 9-10mm range. Mine is 9.5, and I can't find anything to use for mushrooming on that small of a tip.

Renegade

We have a program to make Carom and snooker tools, my uncle probly made 2-3000, the demand isn't very high for them, but my brother and I have talked about doing a run of each, I would like to find a distributer in europe (for example) that would like to buy 5000 or so and be the exclusive dealer/distributer for the ulti-mate snooker/carom tip tool in the world.

RFisher

FISHER CUES
Silver Member
Put a BIG sticker that says Made In AMERICA on the package! I wish that more American companies would do that, just the other day I went to Home Depot and looked at the power tools. Yikes Made in China was on almost all of them.

Actualy we have just changed the cards that our tools are packaged with, they now Say the Original, and Made in the USA. Any Tool ordered before September with have the card saying "NEW AND IMPROVED", Where all tools from September on will say "THE ORIGINAL", and Made in America