Kamui Black Medium

the chicken

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm very fortunate to do business with an expert cue shaft and tip person

suggested I try a Kamui Black Medium tip (in place of the Tiger Everest tips I had been using).

According to hardness charts, Kamui Black Medium tip are a skosh harder than Everest tips. But man, let me say that that extra bit of hardness adds another dimension of feel to my stroke, especially on medium to soft shots.

Thanks for the excellent suggestion,(and for your expert work!!!). And, Thanks to Kamui for making a tip that is worth the cost.

Take care,

John

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i also play with a kamui medium black
but im thinking of changing to g2 medium
try one and tell me your opinion

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
In my experience with them for just around a year was they are a great tip for a week or two then start to glaze like crazy and totally change in feel. Kamui's quality control has seemed to go down the drain… Not worth the money at all IMHO.

-Drew

twal

"W"
Silver Member
I would agree with Drew.
The black tips keep glazing over at one time or another.

I need a tip I can depend on not to glaze at the wrong time.
I also should not have to check the tip more than once a week or every 10 hrs of play or so.

I now only shoot with tan or non-black tips.
Maybe it is mental on my part, but mental is huge in this game.

i8ap4t

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my experience with them for just around a year was they are a great tip for a week or two then start to glaze like crazy and totally change in feel. Kamui's quality control has seemed to go down the drain… Not worth the money at all IMHO.

-Drew

Their quality control is spot on. Every tip is exactly the same.

ktmrider765

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i played with a kamui medium black for some time..and switched to a G2 medium...i have less miscues and better spin and draw with the G2....i like the kamui but ill be sticking with the G2 from now on..i also had glazing issues with the kamui.......just my opinion..

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
fwiw
I LIKE THE G2 SOFT.......
more than the medium
ley me know what you think
thanks

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 314-2 with a Tiger Everest and another 314-2 with a Kamui Black Medium. I have been switching between them on my Joss cue and prefer the Everest. It's a personal preference thing I guess but I get better feel and control with the Everest.

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 314-2 with a Tiger Everest and another 314-2 with a Kamui Black Medium. I have been switching between them on my Joss cue and prefer the Everest. It's a personal preference thing I guess but I get better feel and control with the Everest.

Update:

After a month playing with these two tips the Kamui has started to shine. I'm playing my best pool of my long life right now. I cut the Everest off the other 314-2 and put a medium G2 on it. So far it seems to be a great tip as well. I'm in heaven here guys.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't mind the Kamui Black Medium, but it required constant chalking and was prone to glazing. I don't like to mess with my tip much, so that bugged me. Feel was good though.

I switched to Kamui Black Soft, was just a bit mushy feeling at first. So I cut 2 layers off, and voila, felt just like the Everest and played great. No mushrooming, can shoot 6 - 8 shots easily without chalking (regular chalk), no glazing issues. Shaped/scuffed my tip once in 2 or 3 months, plenty of tip left.

Just an alternative for someone looking for a match to Everest.
Scott

Cross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to play with kamui black mediums. I liked the hardness but there was a certain "puff" sound whenever I hit medium to hard shots. Couldnt get used to this so I switched to soft which didnt make this sound. No problem with kamui black medium on glazing though. I did notice slight glazing on the black soft but after trimming, it did not glaze again.

I like the hit of the soft when it has been broken usually in a few weeks time. The hit turns crisp