This transgender buisness has got me thinking

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remember all the controversy around this guy?[/QUOTE]

I remember him...he shot his hot girlfriend a few times, right? Went to court and didn’t have a leg to stand on and was found guilty.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I got an idea...:idea:

How about four divisions?
Those transing from male to female
Those transing from female to male
Straight male
Straight female

Maybe a fifth one....
..asexual...could include those who don’t care to let the world know how they get their rocks off.

I guess there’s a sixth division also...professional...let the best who-ever win.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Yes, I see the attraction.

picture.php

QUOTE=ShootingArts;6521584]The eighties, wasn't that when tennis attire got a bit out of hand for awhile? Some of the young ladies were more out of their clothes than in. I was offended, deeply offended. I wouldn't have watched so much ladies tennis but it wouldn't have been fair to be so offended without being informed!:wink:

This was about the timeframe of ladies playing pool in evening gowns too. Pretty ridiculous from a playing standpoint but I'm sure it was a big boost to viewership.

vive la difference indeed!

Hu[/QUOTE]

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it possible they are just held back?
If they were forced to play against
Shane, Shaw, Dennis, etc. every single
tournament they played in could they
not improve as a group?

When the majority of players in
womans only tournaments are
in the 600's they don't have to work
that hard.

Shane didn't show up to his first pro
tournaments and crush the fields. Nor
Shaw or Darren. Top snooker players
who have played a little 9 ball don't
come here and destroy fields.

If they were forced to raise their level
of play could they do it?

Their are a couple women players who
are rated higher than players on this
years mosconi cup team. Are they
just outliers?

Have you tried to sit through a WPBA event? Lol. Yes they are held back, by their lack of strength and athletic ability, which matters BIG TIME. Making all events open wouldn't be "Iron sharpening Iron" it's more like "taking candy from a baby." The ladies need their own thing.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I see the attraction.

picture.php

QUOTE=ShootingArts;6521584]The eighties, wasn't that when tennis attire got a bit out of hand for awhile? Some of the young ladies were more out of their clothes than in. I was offended, deeply offended. I wouldn't have watched so much ladies tennis but it wouldn't have been fair to be so offended without being informed!:wink:

This was about the timeframe of ladies playing pool in evening gowns too. Pretty ridiculous from a playing standpoint but I'm sure it was a big boost to viewership.

vive la difference indeed!

Hu
[/QUOTE]

I watched BayWatch for the cinematography.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you tried to sit through a WPBA event? Lol. Yes they are held back, by their lack of strength and athletic ability, which matters BIG TIME. Making all events open wouldn't be "Iron sharpening Iron" it's more like "taking candy from a baby." The ladies need their own thing.

I have watched lots of top women players.

Strenth; Alex, Ko brothers, Filler, and on and on.
Those guys are built like string beans.
Strenth doesn't translate to good pool or
a good break.

Athletic ability. Plenty of women in other sports
that have 100x the athletic ability over most
pool players. Chris Melling or a guy like Mario He
look like they get winded on the walk to the john.
Yet, they play excellent pool.

Not convinced.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have watched lots of top women players.

Strenth; Alex, Ko brothers, Filler, and on and on.
Those guys are built like string beans.
Strenth doesn't translate to good pool or
a good break.

Athletic ability. Plenty of women in other sports
that have 100x the athletic ability over most
pool players. Chris Melling or a guy like Mario He
look like they get winded on the walk to the john.
Yet, they play excellent pool.

Not convinced.

I was specific on purpose, I don't mean watching one match. I mean being there watching all the ladies "at once." The athleticism very clearly isn't there (overall). That actually goes to my point, skinny, yet still way stronger than the women. If those slim male pros wanted to they could break in the low 20's at least. Can the women?

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is no advantage between men and women except for perhaps the opening break shot
on a rack which is a mere reflection of the differences in strength between most men & women.

Anyone hear or recall the name of Jean Balukas? That woman would cause even the very best
men competitors to marvel & wonder just how great a player she truly was after she just beat ‘em.

There is an ole expression.....”Let ‘em play it out.” Well, women players are every bit as capable
as any male competitor. The issue is there’s just not as many great players %wise as with the men.
I attribute that to just the everyday distractions & challenges of life confronting most women players.

Matt B.

I'm glad you brought up Balukas, it's a good example of what happens when someone plays like a man on the women's tour. They get blackballed.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was specific on purpose, I don't mean watching one match. I mean being there watching all the ladies "at once." The athleticism very clearly isn't there (overall). That actually goes to my point, skinny, yet still way stronger than the women. If those slim male pros wanted to they could break in the low 20's at least. Can the women?

10 ball maybe the only game where it's nessesary.
Unless your Corey :):):)
https://youtu.be/oluYzU2b8nY

Most 9ball matches use a cut break for 9 on the spot
and hitting it turtle speed with 1 on the spot will
make balls just fine.
Brand new balls and magic racks have all but
taken the speed out of breaking.

Accuracy is king.

Yes, I agree overall its not quite like watching the WNBA
vs. NBA but close.

I just feel if the actual winners of most women pro tournaments had to play more aggressive or work on the break technique to win they would adapt.
As far as the majority of those fields, there are reasons
why they don't win already. Playing men won't help them.

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 ball maybe the only game where it's nessesary.
Unless your Corey :):):)
https://youtu.be/oluYzU2b8nY

Most 9ball matches use a cut break for 9 on the spot
and hitting it turtle speed with 1 on the spot will
make balls just fine.
Brand new balls and magic racks have all but
taken the speed out of breaking.

Accuracy is king.

Yes, I agree overall its not quite like watching the WNBA
vs. NBA but close.

I just feel if the actual winners of most women pro tournaments had to play more aggressive or work on the break technique to win they would adapt.
As far as the majority of those fields, there are reasons
why they don't win already. Playing men won't help them.

I agree with all that.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Off topic, but what's the point of the quotation marks if you're not quoting anyone and it's not used to mark irony?

Lol...ol. I’ve always got an eye out and a smile for that character and his antics. I try not to pick or anything but sometimes in responses I’ll throw a few random “ “ in there but I’ve never gotten a rise or reaction. I’m not sure if he even realizes what he’s “doing”

This thing is still going on? Well my view: men and women are just different. I think most men will naturally play better than most women. If you had 2 the same height and weight, same fat and bone and muscle proportions, the man would be stronger. I don’t know why. Fast twitch muscles or something? It’s just science bro. You don’t necessarily need strength to play well but those same two, the man would probably break better, and harder, shoot shots more confidently, aggressive play and safeties.

I like the women’s leagues/tour with only biological females, and men’s to be open...so not men’s really just whoever. I think women are the greatest creatures on earth, men are just better at some dumb things.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Off topic, but what's the point of the quotation marks if you're not quoting anyone and it's not used to mark irony?

They are sometimes used for "emphasis"...to draw your attention to certain words or phrases, so that you don't have to necessarily digest the entire sentence to get the point.

Italics are/or underlining are done to do the same thing, but sometimes I'm on my phone or iPad and I'm not going through that much hassle to do it on the tiny screens and keyboards. I'm blind enough, as it its, on the laptop.

I have been in the communications field from the time of teletype and keyboards that ONLY had UPPER CASE letters,.too. So, I am before the era where the new generations THINKS that always means you are SHOUTING.

I also am trained in Morse Code. Maybe I should type all my posts in that to see if it offends anyone.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
They are sometimes used for "emphasis"...to draw your attention to certain words or phrases, so that you don't have to necessarily digest the entire sentence to get the point.

Italics are/or underlining are done to do the same thing, but sometimes I'm on my phone or iPad and I'm not going through that much hassle to do it on the tiny screens and keyboards. I'm blind enough, as it its, on the laptop.

I have been in the communications field from the time of teletype and keyboards that ONLY had UPPER CASE letters,.too. So, I am before the era where the new generations THINKS that always means you are SHOUTING.

I also am trained in Morse Code. Maybe I should type all my posts in that to see if it offends anyone.

328A6772-A1BB-4A38-95A6-9D6A16EE1C0F.jpeg

——————:smile:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
morse and fonts

I think every boy at least tried to learn morse code back when I was a youngster. I knew about half of the alphabet when I was seven or eight. I think everyone should still be able to recognize SOS. Dang, I am tempted to learn morse now for reasons I can't imagine. Maybe so I can hear what they really key in the old westerns! Morse was cool when I was a kid. Ranked right up there with owning a Space Angel or Flash Gordon decoder ring, I forget which now, Flash Gordon? None of the above? Memory fails. Richard Pryor was right, a mind is a terrible thing to baste!

I was over at a friend's house where the parents and son had an agreement about no secrets on the computer. The parents didn't know why the kids got a kick out of sending wingdings back and forth. I didn't bust the boy but I caught a minute in private with him and told him the wingdings had to go away or I would snitch. I thought the boy had a right to privacy but I also thought the parent/child agreement trumped that. I let him delete all of the wingding messages so I didn't really invade his privacy, just told him in this particular case he wasn't entitled to it.

Hu

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think every boy at least tried to learn morse code back when I was a youngster. I knew about half of the alphabet when I was seven or eight. I think everyone should still be able to recognize SOS. Dang, I am tempted to learn morse now for reasons I can't imagine. Maybe so I can hear what they really key in the old westerns! Morse was cool when I was a kid. Ranked right up there with owning a Space Angel or Flash Gordon decoder ring, I forget which now, Flash Gordon? None of the above? Memory fails. Richard Pryor was right, a mind is a terrible thing to baste!

I was over at a friend's house where the parents and son had an agreement about no secrets on the computer. The parents didn't know why the kids got a kick out of sending wingdings back and forth. I didn't bust the boy but I caught a minute in private with him and told him the wingdings had to go away or I would snitch. I thought the boy had a right to privacy but I also thought the parent/child agreement trumped that. I let him delete all of the wingding messages so I didn't really invade his privacy, just told him in this particular case he wasn't entitled to it.

Hu

MOST of the Morse Code you hear in those old movies is just gibberish that has nothing to do with the message that they are talking about in the scripts or dialogue

And, FWIW, sending "private" messages used to be easily done with the original Text Pad program that came on the really old computers. You simply opened a .jpg or .bmp photo file with Text Pad and at the end of the characters in the file, you just typed out your message in plain text and then re-saved the file with the original .jpg or .bmp file extension.

When you sent the photo, it looked like any photo file attachment and opened as a picture in whatever photo program your computer used to open photos and nothing looked out of place. However, if you opened the photo with the old Text Pad, you could read the text at the bottom of the character string.

The new Text Pad will not do that.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually the discussion about the greatness or capability of women pool players versus men
seems to illustrate the question at hand. If a transgender pool player entered a women only
pool tournament, how much, if any does that player have a strength edge over their competitors?

If the conclusions about what I originally suggested were there is little difference or great difference
or no difference, it could be interpreted via a consensus of opinions posted about whether male vs.
female or transgender was viewed to be significant or insignificant. Nowadays all rules are arguable.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple thoughts.

1 for the longest time we hear that men and woman (in life) are equal. So women should be able to be Fire Fighters, Police Officers, and so one. That anything a man can do a woman can do just as well.

I believe in most cases the above is quite true, but many think this is a 100% thing. The truth is that their are plenty of men who are not equipped to do certain traditionally male gender things. I know I'm not cut out to be a Secret Service Agent protecting the White House (a Joe Rogan commentary).

2 we live in a time where many want to believe that trans is acceptable to the level of giving children puberty blockers to keep them in the sex they think they are (right or wrong doesn't matter to my point it's just meant as an observation).

So it seems that if you are of the camp that men and woman are equal in all ways then you need to take the bad with the good. For pool then, it isn't that men have an advantage (based on this) its that the individual player is just better and you need to work more.

Or you are of the camp that men and women aren't equal in everything. If you are from this camp, then yes you can make true arguments that Trans shouldn't be allowed to compete in their "chosen gender".

It's good to treat all people with respect, but you don't have to agree either way, just be nice if you will. I think that if we as a people (agreed or forced) are going to push the trans are the gender they identify as, then we need to take the bad with the good (women's records be devastated by transgender competition).

Tough subject, since I'm friends with a trans woman and she's on my team...