The new Aramith tournament balls

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ms. Frazier said on the stream yesterday that this is the set going forward on all matchroom events and players will either have to adapt or be left in the past. Her comments were very final, frank, and forgive me, but somewhat elitist. With all her playing knowledge and all.:rolleyes:
By her own admission she can't play a lick but she knows what pool balls should look like. I'll most likely never see them (hopefully) in person but having them on major event streams blows.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do what??????? Ever heard of the Edsel? That's what they tried saying about it and it was the ugliest pos Ford ever made. These balls are really bad. Response so far is overwhelmingly negative. Have a buddy who's at Griff's. Said when they brought them out he and those sitting with him were like "WTF are those things?"

This certainly isn't a "For players, by players" type of thing. Just a way to stimulate their sales, nothing more.

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope I didn’t miss this already posted but this popped up on my book of faces last night. I’m not a hater of all things new. I use the crazy colored cyclops balls . but I got to say these don’t do a lot for me but you got to develop new products when every else is so I get why they are trying something different.

The U.S. men's and women's natonal soccer teams change their jerseys at least yearly, and pro football has camo jerseys and different colored jerseys all to sell more stuff. Styles change yearly in shoes and fashion, with many looking like stuff I would never wear, but high school kids wear it like crazy. Maybe these will appeal to a younger audience, or maybe they just need a new look to try and sell product. I don't see anything wrong with putting the option out there to try and push sales. We don't have to buy them if we already have a decent set.

I personally don't mind the look, although I like my Brunswick Centennials better. Hopefully this helps keep an industry giant making some money.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone explain any rational reasoning why the 4-ball would be pink and the 5-ball would be purple as opposed to just the opposite? Seems like they are really asking for players, even pro players in a huge event, to get confused and play the wrong ball. Luckily, the 9-ball is the only striped ball (hideously colored black instead of white) that they’ll have to use for the Mosconi Cup. Perhaps if enough of the participating MC players for both teams voice their displeasure regarding the balls, someone will have enough sense to change it up to the standard Aramith tournament balls!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone explain any rational reasoning why the 4-ball would be pink and the 5-ball would be purple as opposed to just the opposite? Seems like they are really asking for players, even pro players in a huge event, to get confused and play the wrong ball. Luckily, the 9-ball is the only striped ball (hideously colored black instead of white) that they’ll have to use for the Mosconi Cup. Perhaps if enough of the participating MC players for both teams voice their displeasure regarding the balls, someone will have enough sense to change it up to the standard Aramith tournament balls!
There is no way they got players input on these dog turds. What happens when non players design things.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ms. Frazier said on the stream yesterday that this is the set going forward on all matchroom events and players will either have to adapt or be left in the past. Her comments were very final, frank, and forgive me, but somewhat elitist. With all her playing knowledge and all.:rolleyes:

Hahahaha...shes got action on that claim.

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. I just saw these on the live stream, and I have to change my mind on my own personal preference. I do not find them attractive when seen on a pool table.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There are literally thousands and thousands of millionaires on the planet but, the very players she is talking about....lol..........they are but a handful in the world.

She can bite my a55...

I was a business man so, I understand what some are thinking and maybe even voice their opinion thinking their gonna teach me/us something about the business end of pro pool but....they can bite my a55 too...

Pro pool is about two things:

The pros
The fans

Yeah, yeah....i knkw it don't work that way.

Let a man dream a little...

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm gonna predict these are a massive sales flop.
OR... right now every non-playing wife is rushing out to buy these for Christmas for their league husbands.

I heard that comment too on the stream and took it the same way. I guess that's how the British say "My way, or the highway!"

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The U.S. men's and women's natonal soccer teams change their jerseys at least yearly, and pro football has camo jerseys and different colored jerseys all to sell more stuff. Styles change yearly in shoes and fashion, with many looking like stuff I would never wear, but high school kids wear it like crazy. Maybe these will appeal to a younger audience, or maybe they just need a new look to try and sell product. I don't see anything wrong with putting the option out there to try and push sales. We don't have to buy them if we already have a decent set.

I personally don't mind the look, although I like my Brunswick Centennials better. Hopefully this helps keep an industry giant making some money.

Changing the uniform and changing the colors of the actual balls that your trying to bear down on .. I think the black will make that difficult but then again they aren’t playing 8 ball so the 10 ball will only be the issue.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It won’t stop me from watching an event..but I’m not rushing out to buy a set for my home either

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate the set, but I really want a black measles in duramith to match my beautiful non-black series tournament set. It would be better if the measles had the aramith logo not in the middle of the pattern, too, but I'm not too pissed about it.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Changing the uniform and changing the colors of the actual balls that your trying to bear down on .. I think the black will make that difficult but then again they aren’t playing 8 ball so the 10 ball will only be the issue.
Agreed. Let's make a baseball black. Or a football white. A soccer ball black. I guess all that would be fine as long as my balls are not blue!!!;)

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tyranny!
Ball changin' without representation!
Our English oppressors are at it again.
I say we throw those balls in the Bellagio Harbor.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
As Fred Sanford (Redd Fox) would say, ugly as King Kong sucking mustard juice outta hot chili sauce.

All the best,
WW

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As Fred Sanford (Redd Fox) would say, ugly as King Kong sucking mustard juice outta hot chili sauce.

All the best,
WW

Was he talking about Aunt Esther?
I love that show, grew up watching it with my father. Right before Barney Miller.