Shane is Back In the Cup!

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I'm with BB as far as the surprise level but it is good news! :thumbup: In my best Joe voice doing Earl … USA, USA!

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn’t johan the coach of Europe team? I’m confused I thought he was with Europe years ago in the mosconi cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He’s back in the PROGRAMME!

Respectfully, Matt
(I don’t take myself too seriously. I hope you can return the favor.)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Isn’t johan the coach of Europe team? I’m confused I thought he was with Europe years ago in the mosconi cup ...
He was selected to coach Team USA because of his success with Team Europe in the past. It is an unusual move, but it seems that something unusual is required for the MC at this stage.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I cannot help but respect both Matchroom and Johann for their initial stance on this matter, but good for them for putting the event first. A Mosconi Cup, without Shane would have been a watered-down one.

As they usually do, Matchroom gets it right again!

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I speculate if this whole thing was semi-orchestrated. Johan needs American players to prepare better. SVB can’t commit 100% because reasons (legit). All parties know SVB will play but want to set an example for the other MC hopefuls that the boot camps aren’t optional. Matchroom ghost writes the SVB announcement. Time passes. SVB can commit to the rest of the programme. Call it a miscommunication and exception. We all move forward on track.

Respectfully, Matt

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Now that Team USA aint leaving their big dog on the porch, things are looking up.
...whether he produces or not, the THREAT of Shane is formidable.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I speculate if this whole thing was semi-orchestrated. Johan needs American players to prepare better. SVB can’t commit 100% because reasons (legit). All parties know SVB will play but want to set an example for the other MC hopefuls that the boot camps aren’t optional. Matchroom ghost writes the SVB announcement. Time passes. SVB can commit to the rest of the programme. Call it a miscommunication and exception. We all move forward on track.

Respectfully, Matt
SVB has been at all required bootcamps

Unfortunately Justin Bergman missed the bootcamp in Vegas and has been dropped off the team as a potential candidate.:frown:

Iceberg is without a doubt one of the 5 best American players, sad not to see him on the team once again this year.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe he'll take it a little more seriously this year and prepare himself properly for the matches. along with the other guys. I can tell you this much, that at least three of our players were unprepared to play during the Mosconi Cup for reasons that I will not go into here. They know who they are and so does Johann.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member